✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MUSIC HALL OF FAME - COLDPLAYING FINAL

busybeeburns

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Radiohead. They are by far and away the best on that list.

Innovation is the mark of a good band, and even when they went Kid A they still achieved a large amount of critical and public enthusiasm, and deservedly so.

So many bands are complacent and happy to churn out the same sounding stuff just becasue they know it can shift records. Like Oasis.

Actually, read an interesting comment in The Times the other week. It was arguing that bands from the middle classes (Coldplay, Radiohead, Blur) are usually better long term prospects than those from the lower classes (Oasis etc) because the lower classes, after that success, makes them arrogant and they use their new found success to do whatever they like, whereas the middle class bands are affected by the success by becoming more worried about following up that success. They are haunted by the prospect of failure which drives them on to write a better follow up album, whereas the bands from lower classes are not bothered about failure.

Not sure whether i agree 100%, but its quite interesting, no?

• 2 weeks later...

Radiohead? It surprised me to see so many votes for them. :huh:

Led Zeppelin, by far the best sounding band ever, never released a single, some of the most memorable sounds/tunes ever (Dazed & Confused, Kashmir, Whole Lotta Love etc) and a singer with a voice nearly as uniquely brilliant as Freddy Mercury (Queen would come second BTW).

• 2 weeks later...