✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Canada, eh?!

Canadian_Aphrodite

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Canadian, Yello fellow cannucks.

Canadians come out with some really terrible bands though. I mean, Nickelback? Simple Plan?? Not By Choice??

I mean, it's bands like these that make me hang my head down when Canadian music is mentioned.

But Nickelback is by far the worst. They're like, the worst of the worst..and that's really bad. :cool:

This is true but then again, Nickelback were a band long before "how you remind me" came out, the only reason they made it "big" and were overplayed like that is because they were signed. And who would do such a thing? Not a canadian record label, the yanks signed them and blame us for theiur existance, if it were up to canadians the name "Nickelback" would mean absolutely nothing. Same thing goes for Sum41.

There are a lot of really talented Canadian artists out there, Hawksley Workman, Sam Roberts, Pilate, Serena Ryder....for some reason these people are always overlooked, so forget about the crap (every country produces some crap) and embrace the talent.

I don't even realize at times, but a lot of the music that I listen to, the bands are either Canadian or lived in Canada at one point. For example Broken Social Scene, Death from Above, The Stills, Metric, Arcade Fire, Feist, Uncut, Stars and the Dears etc.

There are a lot of really talented Canadian artists out there, Hawksley Workman, Sam Roberts, Pilate, Serena Ryder....for some reason these people are always overlooked, so forget about the crap (every country produces some crap) and embrace the talent.

Oh, I hear ya!! The smaller Canadian bands are usually the best...Feist, Metric, Stars and Controller.Controller are all in my playlist and they rock.

I'm Canadian, Yello fellow cannucks.

Canadians come out with some really terrible bands though. I mean, Nickelback? Simple Plan?? Not By Choice??

I mean, it's bands like these that make me hang my head down when Canadian music is mentioned.

But Nickelback is by far the worst. They're like, the worst of the worst..and that's really bad. :cool:

This is true but then again, Nickelback were a band long before "how you remind me" came out, the only reason they made it "big" and were overplayed like that is because they were signed. And who would do such a thing? Not a canadian record label, the yanks signed them and blame us for theiur existance, if it were up to canadians the name "Nickelback" would mean absolutely nothing. Same thing goes for Sum41.

eh hey my fellow canucker, welcome 2 the forum!! ^ oh for sure...U LEFT OUT BILLY TALENT :cry:

You know what don't even get me started on Billy Talent. First of of i don't like their music it has a lot of excess screaming in it and more importantly, The Singer and I have had an expirience. They were opening for sum 41 (my friends were all going so i figured it could be fun...it wasn't) and I got stuck at the front of the stage then he started screaming and he points at me and says "I fucking hate girls, this song is about a bitch I knew" and then he horked in my face. Thus my fellow cannuck they aren't in my good books.

^^ first off, eeeww gross..and secondly, wow! you got horked on the face by the dude from Billy Talent! hahah

I don't know. If you wanna talk about bands who have excess screaming in their tunes, let's talk alexisonfire. My boyfriend's roommate loves this band, but all I hear is some dude screaming at the top of his lungs. How can they expect me to relate to their music, if I have no idea what the hell they're saying? That's just my opinion anyway.