🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Travis

lucyinthesky

mmmm I don't know:P:P

But yeah I just love watching video's from the 80ies ...they are so weird:P the dressing and the music itself and the whole concept of being a cool pop/rockstar was soooooo different!!:P:P.....but the great thing is that I keep discovering cool bands through those programmes!;)

hey I got "my eyes" on VH1 actually:P:P

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow!so u'rea real passionate:P depeche mode, U2, Queen, Duran Duran...and then the thoooousands of one hit wonders:P.....

I must say that I didn't really like the 8oies music,...but I never really know what it was about...for example I really like Queen right now...and also depeche mode...which are just great bands..they basically made history in music(see U2)....

But i still don't know If i can get over all those synthesizers:P:P

I just returned from the local music festival which Travis was headlining!

I was squashed for 8 hours along the barrier listening to a couple of decent bands and several terrible bands waiting for them but it was worth it!!!

I will post up some pics in a few days. I need to recuperate first :P

wow!so u'rea real passionate:P depeche mode, U2, Queen, Duran Duran...and then the thoooousands of one hit wonders:P.....

I must say that I didn't really like the 8oies music,...but I never really know what it was about...for example I really like Queen right now...and also depeche mode...which are just great bands..they basically made history in music(see U2)....

But i still don't know If i can get over all those synthesizers:P:P

Some of the "synth" tunes are fantastic, such as "West End Girls" by Pet Shop Boys, "Souvenir" by OMD and "Blue Monday" by New Order.;)

I just returned from the local music festival which Travis was headlining!

I was squashed for 8 hours along the barrier listening to a couple of decent bands and several terrible bands waiting for them but it was worth it!!!

I will post up some pics in a few days. I need to recuperate first :P

Lol me too. I was sitting up the hills for the first couple of hours! I tried to squeeze into the crowd after Lost Prophets started playing. Then had to listen to the terrible Simple Plan play before Travis came on the stage bah. Finally made my way through to the barrier before Travis came on though, good times! :D

Lol me too. I was sitting up the hills for the first couple of hours! I tried to squeeze into the crowd after Lost Prophets started playing. Then had to listen to the terrible Simple Plan play before Travis came on the stage bah. Finally made my way through to the barrier before Travis came on though, good times! :D

You're back!!:stunned:

Yeah!!! Which part of the barrier were you at?

I held my place at the barrier since the 2nd act was on stage. I had such a headache listening to the other bands playing!!! Most were... quite terrible.

Travis, however, rocked big time.

^ I was right at the center, so could catch a good view of Mr.Healy :p maybe you were just right next to me or something hehe. Most of them bands were quite bad yeah, I kept looking at my watch when Simple Plan started playing, couldn't bear with the for one more second. Funny though, all the teenagers actually screamed their lungs out..each to their own eh :S

mc_squared!!! Have you missed me? awww...

^ I was right at the center, so could catch a good view of Mr.Healy :p maybe you were just right next to me or something hehe. Most of them bands were quite bad yeah, I kept looking at my watch when Simple Plan started playing, couldn't bear with the for one more second. Funny though, all the teenagers actually screamed their lungs out..each to their own eh :S

^ I was in front of Dougie. I don't know if you saw it but I was the girl holding a pathetic looking banner :laugh3:

Fran gave me a fleeting mention when he was introducing the songs from the upcoming album :shocked2:

It was awesome! I am half-deaf and have lost my voice completely :lol:

Of course!:rolleyes:

4ihbfk.jpg

Travis will release their sixth studio album, Ode To J. Smith on the 29th of September on CD, vinyl and digital download.

In 1996 Fran Healy borrowed £600 from his mum to pay for the recording of Travis’s debut single. That track, the rousingly self-descriptive All I Wanna Do Is Rock, was released on their own label Red Telephone Box, with a sleeve designed by Fran.

Fast forward twelve years – during which time they have shifted ten million albums, scored numerous accolades and headlined festivals all over the world – and Travis are back at the helm, having re-ignited Red Telephone Box for the release of Ode To J Smith, their new album released on September 29th.

'Usually I write a bunch of songs over a year and then we record them and piece it together. But this album was born out of a rush of creative urgency; a need to make a record, it has to be amazing. Perhaps that's why Ode To J Smith is the most cohesive thing we've ever done. When you move so quickly there is very little time to reflect. You have to be decisive'.

- Fran.

---

i like the cover.

See tickets?

I got a yellow "SMS urgent delivery attempted today" slip though the door today, so that might be my pompey tickets.

not too sure my mate ordered them on the phone. it might have been ticketmaster or ticketline. pompey? :shocked2:

has anyone heard Something Anything yet? I've just heard it on the radio, such a fantastic song. If this doesn't make people sit up and listen to Travis again I don't know what will. It's so in your face the guitars are rocking. I've ripped it if anyone wants it PM me and I'll send it to you