✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bloc Party

*Justine*

Bought Bloc Party's new album today in the city and after listening to all songs once I think it's absolutely brilliant. First I was a bit afraid that I may not like any songs of their new record, because I heard they were totally different compared to "Silent Alarm".

My favourites so far... "Hunting For Witches", "Uniform", "Kreuzberg" (not only because it mentions some German words and the 'East Side Gallery' of my favourite city in Germany :nice:), "I Still Remember" and "Sunday". :)

There is a wall that runs right through me

Just like the city, I will never be joined

What is this love? Why can I never hold it?

Did it really run out in the strangers' bedrooms?

I

I have decided

At twenty-five

Something must change

Saturday night in East Berlin

We took the U-Bahn to the East Side Gallery

I was sure I'd found love with this one lying with me

Crying again in the Hauptbahnhof

I

I have decided

At twenty-five

That something must change

After sex

The bitter taste

Been fooled again

The search continues

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay thanks for clips - i still remember one of my favs.

my heart is broken had to chose between buying The Roots and Bloc Party with a voucher. Chose former but now i'm hearing Bloc Party all time on radio.

edit: watching i still remember.....BY JOVE ! i think i might buy the cd.....( gets paper and begins to look for part time jobs)

The glockenspiel part in "Selfish Son" is really great! But my new favourite b-side at the moment is "Vision Of Heaven". I'm addicted to it! Great tuuuune! Thanks Kara! :nice:

The new album is sooo unbelievable!

I can't wait to see them live sometime... probably in June! :dance:

I love the new album and despite what some reviewers have said i don't think there is a weak track on it,i was lucky enough to see them on the 14th of Feb at the Manchester Academy and thought the show was fantastic both the band and the audience where in brilliant form,during a pause in the show when Kele's guitar was causing problem's the rest of the band treated us to covers of "Mr brightside" by The killers,"Slow hands" by interpol and a snippet of "Do you want to" by Franz ferdinand.All in all a brilliant show,oh and look out for the support band from the show called "Fields" who where very good!

• 2 weeks later...

So, me and Steph were waiting to try and meet We Are Scientists but we were too late (we didnt know that) but carried on waiting. We're standing in this alley near the venue when two people are walking towards and past us... and one of them looks so much like Kele....as he draws closer IT'S HIM!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked....he seemed very shy when we called his name, then I asked him stuff, told him I was a big fan of theirs and asked what the band were upto, he said they had a flight to Japan that night. crazy stuff....and on my birthday too.... :dance: :dead:

Got a piccy with him :D

IMGP06891.jpg

:drunk: *dances around*

^OMG!!!! wow you were born under a lucky star for sure hehe. i heard in a radio interview he likes to walk around and people in his area of town usually he gets around without people really noticing him.

^August! really kekita?! thats awesome news :nice:

i know i really want to see them live...guess where i heard it on triple J, Kele called the radio station to tell the news--- on his way home from his mums who gave him nigerian rice hehe

He also said Matt burst a lung during a gig but he kept on playing and is now called one lung (or something like that). Kele also said the Matt used to dress up in a dog outfit for a job he had once hehe ohhh how cute.

^ Will do! i can see you know what your talking about from your siggy ;)

.... i have a feeling you may have stepped on a four leaf clover that or a leprechaun (who went for an ill fated trip to enlgand)

sorry my humour - o- meter is out of sync.

So, me and Steph were waiting to try and meet We Are Scientists but we were too late (we didnt know that) but carried on waiting. We're standing in this alley near the venue when two people are walking towards and past us... and one of them looks so much like Kele....as he draws closer IT'S HIM!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked....he seemed very shy when we called his name, then I asked him stuff, told him I was a big fan of theirs and asked what the band were upto, he said they had a flight to Japan that night. crazy stuff....and on my birthday too.... :dance: :dead:

IMGP06891.jpg

Ahhh you lucky lucky girl you! But you really deserve it, especially on your birthday! I'm so happy for you!

I love the new album and it has propelled Bloc Party to the top of my most listened to at the moment chart (a position held by Red Hot Chili Peppers for like 8 months)

I love the new album as I said, but I still think the first was better. Silent Alarm is one of my fave albums in the world.

i know i really want to see them live...guess where i heard it on triple J, Kele called the radio station to tell the news--- on his way home from his mums who gave him nigerian rice hehe

He also said Matt burst a lung during a gig but he kept on playing and is now called one lung (or something like that). Kele also said the Matt used to dress up in a dog outfit for a job he had once hehe ohhh how cute.

OMG! i KNEW i should have stayed in the car and listened to Kele!!!! i was listening to Myf Jay and The Doctor that morning before i went to school, and they said they were gonna talk to him soon - so i put the radio on in the car on the way to school, and as soon as we pulled up they're like "and after this track we'll be talking to Kele from Bloc Party!" so i missed it. but oh well, wonderful news :D

IMGP06891.jpg

ohh you lucky thing!!! thats such a lovely photo, too. :nice:

I love the new album as I said, but I still think the first was better. Silent Alarm is one of my fave albums in the world.

I agree with that sentiment. Nothing will beat Like Eating Glass, Positive Tension etc etc......dooo love AWITC though, also the B-sides for it are excellent.

Thanks Bell jar :)

Gonna get the new album soon, I saw/heard The Prayer on one of the music channels the other day for the first time and I love it, and I loved the first album, so I can't wait to finally get the new one, next time I get paid I'm definitely getting it. I still doubt they'll be able to over take Kasabian as my fave band of the moment though !

i decided to check out awitc because mew, a band i am quite into, opened for bloc party, and i am so thankful i did. i am loving the album and it may be too early to say this but for now, this band is increasingly growing on me, possibly one of my favs :thumbsup:

the prayer and hunting of witches are currently my top tracks, haven't hear the silent alarm album yet so i'm going to check that out asap!

:cry: i can't go see the almighty Bloc Party when they come to Aus in August!

i was all excited and set to get tix when they went on sale this morning, but i only know one person who likes them enough to want to see them, and she's not allowed to go, so i had no one to go with, and i would have been prepared to go by myself!! but i'm not allowed and that would probably be not that good anyway.

but BLOC PARTYYYYYY :cry:

ah well..

^ what the heck.....hmmmwmgw90jt029 i am in the uni library atm so i have to be SILENTLY shocked. i didn't know they were coming here, they weren't really on my radar seeing as lately i'm quite blinded by mew...

hm, i will check out ticketek etc now and see what can be done...that would be amazing if i went but seeing as how tix went on sale 4 days ago my chances of getting GA tix maybe limited....hms we'll see :uhoh: lol it would be great no doubt!

hms...melbourne and sydney only...ah well, anyone here going be sure to take pics...lol shesh my enthusiasm levels are so low lol anyway it's good they even visiting aus but still - missing brisbane completely, what happened there ? :thinking: