✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bloc Party

*Justine*

^ i haven't but i'd be interested to hear that :stunned:

thank you once again VERVE!

i can't get enough of this band. so much energy, such a beat, great sound all around. of the 2, i like them both just as much as each other. before i would've said awitc but now it's definintely both :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloc Party Looking Inward for New Album

blocparty.jpg

For the next two weeks, Kele Okereke and his British dance-infused rock combo Bloc Party, will continue their tour across the U.S. Though the four-piece hit the studio to lay down ideas for their third album, just before their current jaunt, Okereke told Spinner that he's happy to be back on the road in the States. For starters, while he may be spending quite a bit of time on an 18-wheeler, his creativity will roll on. "I'm always brimming with inspiration when I'm on the road," he said. "It's a great time to be reflective and to put stuff into yourself. I enjoy it a lot. You just have to use your time wisely."

Time management means Bloc Party will be using sound checks to write new tunes, but don't expect all of the group's next record to come from this Yankey trot. "At the end of the American tour, we'll have some new ideas from new places, but already I have a fairly good idea, of what I want [the songs on the new record to be]," he said.

Bloc Party's second record, 'A Weekend In the City,' had a lot to do with growing up, going out and a xenophobic post-London-Bombings Britain. The next installment will explore somewhere a bit different. "I think with this third record, its very much going to be a record about interior spaces," he said. "If 'Weekend In the City' was me complaining about going out and getting f---ed up, I think this is going to be a very intimate record about staying in and discovering aspects of yourself. And not in a grown-up, Coldplay/Snow Patrol way."

No 'Yellow' in their future, Okereke said he plans to dive deep into "human relationships, on a real kind of primal level," he explained, "what it means to feel desire and what it means to actually feel close to someone, or what it feels to feel lament -- the passing of closeness between people. It's very much going to be a record about internal relationships."

Bloc Party won't be dropping any of their new tunes, penned or in-progress on their current trek. A December, U.K. single is a possibility, but if that happens, the release will be the only time fans will get any new BP until the third album thanks to Okereke's YouTube fears.

"That was the one thing that annoyed me mildly about 'Weekend In the City' tracks. We played them, I guess a year before the album came out, and now in the age of YouTube, everyone's got a camera phone," he sighed. "People were getting really attached to these nascent versions of songs but they still [weren't] finished and they weren't anybody else's property really and I think this time around we're gonna present people with an album."

http://www.spinner.com/2007/09/26/bloc-party-looking-inward-for-new-album/

pictuuuuuresss!!!! not as good as i wanted them to be.. but better than nothing :)

1480479275_97e3a722d9.jpg

1481351662_1dffebf3a8.jpg

1480529699_9ad2c2e32d.jpg

as usual. the rest are here:

Bloc Party @ The Theater at Madison Square Garden 10/03/07

love all your live photography. Can i ask what settings and camera you use to take them?

bloc party are truly amazing live, aren't they?

• 2 weeks later...
love all your live photography. Can i ask what settings and camera you use to take them?

bloc party are truly amazing live, aren't they?

when i can, i use my SLR - Nikon D80 - and use whatever manual options i see fit for the lighting.. i usually have it on shutter priority actually. but in big venues i dont risk bringing in my SLR (like for bloc party) and ive recently switched over to using a Canon SD800. where i have either 800ISO or higher (i try to keep it at 800.. and then if its too grainy i fix it up on photoshop) i also try to take picutres only where theres enough light.. and set the exposure value at -1 to -2.

yeah im not expert.. i only speak from experience and trial/error lol

when i can, i use my SLR - Nikon D80 - and use whatever manual options i see fit for the lighting.. i usually have it on shutter priority actually. but in big venues i dont risk bringing in my SLR (like for bloc party) and ive recently switched over to using a Canon SD800. where i have either 800ISO or higher (i try to keep it at 800.. and then if its too grainy i fix it up on photoshop) i also try to take picutres only where theres enough light.. and set the exposure value at -1 to -2.

yeah im not expert.. i only speak from experience and trial/error lol

D80. great cameras those. my DSLR of choice if i had $1000+ to spend on a camera. my uncle has one, brilliant cameras!

cheers! thanks for the advice, i have a canon G7 which is good but i've never thought of changing the iso setting to higher because of noise. how do you reduce it?

*sorry i'm asking all these questions, just starting out and haven't been taking photos much so i've forgotten alot of the tricks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Dont like the new single very much. Hope the next album wont be like this.

No need to worry apparently!

Kele Okereke says 'Flux' will not be like their new album

Dec 16, 2007

2 Comments

Add Bloc Party to MyNME

Bloc Party have admitted that their recent hit single will not be a reflection of what their forthcoming third album is like.

Frontman Kele Okereke claims the track 'Flux', which has given the band a new dance edge, has allowed the four-piece to broaden their horizons.

But he warned that the band will not be going in the same direction for the follow up to 'A Weekend In The City'.

He told BBC 6 Music: "'Flux' isn't an indication at all about the next record. The important thing about this record for me was that it showed we could do anything we wanted, we weren't going to settle for being any other guitar band of 2007. Luckily it was successful."

Drummer Matt Tong added: "I think one crucial thing about that song was it was radically different from anything we attempted before and I think it was important in terms of opening up... broadening our horizons".

Several remixes of track were given away on a covermount CD in the NME last month.

The song charted at Number Eight in the UK singles chart.

http://www.nme.com/news/bloc-party/33214

looking forward to it already. fully loved awitc so if their new stuff slightly resembles that, i'd still be a heavy listener.

again, not that i didn't like flux, i just know they can do so much better, oh yes, and not a huge fan of techno (like anything, too much is a bad thing).

No need to worry apparently!

Kele Okereke says 'Flux' will not be like their new album

Dec 16, 2007

2 Comments

Add Bloc Party to MyNME

Bloc Party have admitted that their recent hit single will not be a reflection of what their forthcoming third album is like.

Frontman Kele Okereke claims the track 'Flux', which has given the band a new dance edge, has allowed the four-piece to broaden their horizons.

But he warned that the band will not be going in the same direction for the follow up to 'A Weekend In The City'.

He told BBC 6 Music: "'Flux' isn't an indication at all about the next record. The important thing about this record for me was that it showed we could do anything we wanted, we weren't going to settle for being any other guitar band of 2007. Luckily it was successful."

Drummer Matt Tong added: "I think one crucial thing about that song was it was radically different from anything we attempted before and I think it was important in terms of opening up... broadening our horizons".

Several remixes of track were given away on a covermount CD in the NME last month.

The song charted at Number Eight in the UK singles chart.

http://www.nme.com/news/bloc-party/33214

That's a relief. I liked Flux but I don't think Bloc Party suit that genre of music well.