Alessa

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
^Did you see them yet?
Yes! :dance:

Amazing show, just as expected. Lots of dancing and beer flying through the air. :D

They played for about 100 minutes. Only three songs from new album (Drunk Girls, Pow Pow and I Can Change), a couple from Sound of Silver, but most songs from the début. I was pleasantly surprised they played Losing My Edge. The absolute highlight was Yeah (Crass), but Movement and Tribulations were pretty crazy as well. :D

I was kind of disappointed that they didn't play Dance Yrself Clean, but otherwise the setlist was fantastic. Sometimes Murphy's vocals were a bit off, but I guess that didn't really matter. Hopefully I'll be able to see them again this summer. :dance:

A couple of photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/quintessenceofdust/tags/lcdsoundsystem/

Setlist:

1. Us v Them

2. Drunk Girls

3. Get Innocuous

4. Yr City’s A Sucker

5. Pow Pow

6. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House

7. All My Friends

8. I Can Change

9. Tribulations

10. Movement

11. Yeah

----

12. Someone Great

13. Losing My Edge

14. New York I Love You (and a bit of Empire State of Mind)

:dance:

and im not desperate enough to go see them by myself.
:dozey:

Hey its really very cool. And its amazing too. Its too bad that you are disappointed from it. I think they play in each and every summer. I pray to god that your wish will be sure fulfill. I have also heared and also seen some of them and its really very admirable. I also like but not all of the albums which you have mention. I like only some of them.

That's surprising. I thought they would be playing like the whole new album haha
Yeah, me too. But it kinda makes sense because the album isn't officially released yet. I don't have any other complaints than not hearing Dance Yrself Clean though, the setlist was super. :nice:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, but Animal Collective is like Pitchfork's wet dream. I expected a high score/best new music as well, but a 9.2 is really, really high. Statistically, the chance of getting a 9+ score probably is less than 1%. :P

It's true. Although they have been handing out BNM quite liberally this year. Are they being nice? Or is this year kicking last year's ass?

It's true. Although they have been handing out BNM quite liberally this year. Are they being nice? Or is this year kicking last year's ass?

i think this year has already topped 2009 hardly 5 months in. so i would think its only right for them to hand out a few more BNM's.

I GOT TICKETS!!!!

i missed out initially cos i waited too long to buy them. but this afternoon the venue released 100 extra tickets and i snapped them up.

monday 26 july 2010!!! thank you lcd soundsystem. thank you hordern pavillion. thank you twitter.