LCD Soundsystem

Alessa

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone's interested..

On demand stream for the show I attended last month: http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/ondemand/43518953#ondemand.43518953

For some reason the first song is missing, but the performance is still about 90 minutes.

Setlist:

1. Us vs Them

2. Drunk Girls

3. Get Innocuous

4. Yr City’s A Sucker

5. Pow Pow

6. Daft Punk Is Playing At My House

7. All My Friends

8. I Can Change

9. Tribulations

10. Movement

11. Yeah

----

12. Someone Great

13. Losing My Edge

14. New York I Love You (and a bit of Empire State of Mind)

• 3 weeks later...

collaton_100525_003.jpg

During their headlining performance Saturday evening at the Wireless Festival in London, LCD Soundsystem took a line from Neko Case and lashed out at the crowd after bottles were thrown onstage. The band stopped mid-song after they’d had enough and singer James Murphy addressed the audience in a not so subtle manner. “Hey, anonymous asshole throwing stuff, do that to my face and I’ll kick your face in,” Murphy said. “And then I’ll pay your medical bill.”

After the singer’s threatening words the crowd calmed down and he later praised a section of the venue saying, “I like this side because everyone is moshing, boys and girls. And that’s the coolest thing.” LCD Soundsystem’s latest album This Is Happening, released this past year, is said to be the band’s last under that name. Recently they released a new street-jousting music video for the Holy Ghost! remix of their track “Drunk Girls.” [NME]

http://www.aux.tv/newmusic/music-news/lcd-soundsystem-pelted-by-bottles-at-wireless-festival/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

great video :D

This Is Happening is just such a beautiful album. and i havent said that about either of their previous two records. this one is in a league of its own, its smart and intelligent but touching at the same time. its bright and bouncy but warming also. in my humble opinion this is a true classic of our times.