✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LCD Soundsystem

Alessa

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I've heard many positive things about them, but haven't had the oppertunity to listen thoroughly to them yet. "Daft Punk is playing at my house" really made me laugh though :p Do you know by any chance if their live performance is any good?

• 2 years later...

*EPIC BUMP*

wow not much interest for the band in here hey. their previous album Sound of Silver is one of my faves of all time.

they're not far off releasing their next masterpiece either. there were rumours of a split but that was nothing. james murphy has called this "the album that would of been album of the decade had it been released in 2009"

soo im guessing we should expect something from them in the first few months of 2010. potential tracks

Why Do You Hate Music

Love in LA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

cant believe this is going to be their last album together!! arhghghgh why do all good things have to come to an end

this is such a solid record from start to finish. sound of silver has its weak moments and its moments of brilliance. this album doesnt fall short of brilliant for even a second.

cant believe this is going to be their last album together!! arhghghgh why do all good things have to come to an end

this is such a solid record from start to finish. sound of silver has its weak moments and its moments of brilliance. this album doesnt fall short of brilliant for even a second.

I love every single second. And you're right about hitting you like a freight train. On first listen I was completely blown away. I can't say "album of the year" yet. But it could very well end up being the case.

Yeah, right now LCD Soundsystem has the new car smell. We'll see in a few months which one is better. I still want to check that Laura Marling album out. I listened to the first song, but stopped listeing because I find it hard to study with new music playing haha

Funny how the leaked track titles turned out to be right ones, even though there apparently was a press release with different titles (Home was supposed to be What You Need). :nice:

So far, my favourites are Dance Yrself Clean and Home. I'm a bit indifferent to Drunk Girls/One Touch/All I Want. :thinking:

Stream:

http://www.lcdsoundsystem.com/thisishappening/

gave it a first listen.

I thought it was alright. Some songs I liked, some were meh.

My top 3 Favorite tracks from the album were (in no order): Dance Yrself Clean, Home and Somebody's Calling Me.

I will give it another few listens though to full absorb it.

edit: At first I was unsure of the song Dance Yrself Clean, kinda felt it was a bit slow... but it picked up and overall was great!