✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here seen Nowhere Boy? I just saw it. I loved it! Really emotional.

no... I heard about it. I'd really like to see it.

I'm always unsure about seeing Beatles related movies with different actors. I saw bits of Across the Universe and thought it was terrible.

YouTube- Nowhere Boy Official Movie Trailer 2009[/url]

I loved it a lot. Reminded me of Control, another great movie about a legend.

The "untold story" has an annoying ring to it :\

given the fact lennon has always annoyed me i don't think i could watch a film about him

:angry:

i can see the appeal, the man was a genius, but mine is the only ego i can tolerate unless i really respect the person AND the ego is the main reason behind their success. lennon could have done it all in a less pretentious and ****ish way. his humour was sometimes fitting but in general in retrospect he just seemed like a bit of an a-hole. plus the whole imagine thing lets him down, combined with yoko ono who just annoys me.

i can see the appeal, the man was a genius, but mine is the only ego i can tolerate unless i really respect the person AND the ego is the main reason behind their success. lennon could have done it all in a less pretentious and ****ish way. his humour was sometimes fitting but in general in retrospect he just seemed like a bit of an a-hole. plus the whole imagine thing lets him down, combined with yoko ono who just annoys me.

As much as I love the Beatles/Lennon, I do agree that it was their ego's that really helped them to be successful. It was what pushed them to strive harder and make it. I think that overall though he seemed like a nice guy to be around with. Of course at times he may have been an ass though.

Honestly I feel that of all the members it is McCartney who is the most ego-centric.

speaking of which I'm a bit annoyed at his comment in the library of congress:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhTkHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhTkHs[/ame]

I find this to be extremely insulting. I'm not a fan of Bush myself (I think he was a terrible president). But if you are getting an award by the country, one of the most esteemed awards you can get (that very few people have received in the past), it is extremely ignorant and wrong to be insulting the past government (even if you hated the guy).

As much as I love McCartney and his music I think that in real life he's a bit of an ass and too egocentric.

As much as I love the Beatles/Lennon, I do agree that it was their ego's that really helped them to be successful. It was what pushed them to strive harder and make it. I think that overall though he seemed like a nice guy to be around with. Of course at times he may have been an ass though.

Honestly I feel that of all the members it is McCartney who is the most ego-centric.

speaking of which I'm a bit annoyed at his comment in the library of congress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhTkHs

I find this to be extremely insulting. I'm not a fan of Bush myself (I think he was a terrible president). But if you are getting an award by the country, one of the most esteemed awards you can get (that very few people have received in the past), it is extremely ignorant and wrong to be insulting the past government (even if you hated the guy).

As much as I love McCartney and his music I think that in real life he's a bit of an ass and too egocentric.

^ TOTALLY AGREE!. I, too, am not a fan of President Bush, but that is disrespectful to the county who's giving him the award. I think it's even more disrespectful coming from someone from another county.

I love you Paul, but that was bad form. Stick to what you know and do best.

^ TOTALLY AGREE!. I, too, am not a fan of President Bush, but that is disrespectful to the county who's giving him the award. I think it's even more disrespectful coming from someone from another county.

I love you Paul, but that was bad form. Stick to what you know and do best.

Exactly! I mean I also really agree it's disrespectful since he is coming from another country. It'd be like if I got some prestigious award from the Queen, I'd say well I'm so honored to get this award, but I think Tony Blair/Gordon Brown were terrible.

McCartney should worry about the politics of his own country and also stick to what he knows best... making music.

Just before we leave I want to just say one more time that it is a fantastic honor, the Gershwin family to give me this incredible award and for me to be awarded it by the Library of Congress and in fact after the last 8 years it's great to have a president who knows what a library is

That's what he said. What a way to end the night... it just pisses me off how it's a night of celebrating his music and he has to get all political. I've lost quite some respect for the man.

^ And what the hell does a high school educated Beatle know about political issues. It's easy to take a quick cheap shot at Bush, however, if someone sat him down and asked him to be specific about what he dislikes about Bush and his policies, it wouldn't be too hard to make Macca look like a fool. I have a Master's in Public Policy, and I understand that political and social issues are complex.