✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Beatles

lucyinthesky

Ok, so the "band" didn't want to be posted on such an obscure unheard place as Coldplaying, but we were by far the best costumes there :D Paul and Genorge had drawn facial hair, I went without, but managed to lose Imagine :inquisitive: it hasn't showed up yet, either...

ahahaha well that's the best idea for a costume EVER.

glad it went over well :nice:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want those pictures to surface in this unwandered mysterious place known as coldplaying, i thunk it would be awesome, you could of course put up pictures of just ringo and john then nobody would complain (except paul and george fans)

i want those pictures to surface in this unwandered mysterious place known as coldplaying, i thunk it would be awesome, you could of course put up pictures of just ringo and john then nobody would complain (except paul and george fans)

I don't think there are any pictures of just John and Ringo :dozey: I'll see what I can do

Managed to pick up a copy of the "Baby It's You" single today, released to promote the live at the bbc album.

On vinyl? I would like to start collecting beatle memorabilia. My mother collected stuff growing up that I'm sure would be worth a fortune today. Unfortunately, my grandmother threw it out when she moved. I know, it's not an uncommon story.

Anyhow, a friend of mine knows Perry D. Cox, who along with Frank Caiazzo, is considered one of the leading experts on Beatles memorabilia. I love that stuff. When you look at it, it seems to take you to a romantic, simpler time. I wish I would have been in my teens during the 60s.

Guest howyousawtheworld
CD single, came out in 1995 to promote the live at the bbc album :)

I love the remasters :)

Mono remasters are fantastic. Got the boxset for Christmas - they are pristine coming in beautiful cardboard sleeves with a plastic covering.

Mono remasters are fantastic. Got the boxset for Christmas - they are pristine coming in beautiful cardboard sleeves with a plastic covering.

I wish I would have just got the boxed set. Because they are sold individually in a digipack, as opposed to an acrylic case, I am starting to see some damage to the cases, which sucks, as I am a condition freak.

Obviously, I have been getting the stereo version, as they are the only ones available individually. I am trying to get my friend to let me borrow the mono collection, and I will just import them into my iTunes. I think I am going to have a hard time wrestling them away from him, though. I think he might actually sleep with them.

On a side note, the one thing I really like about the stereo remasters is it allows you to more accurately compare it to today's music. I like that it's kind of an "apples to apples" comparison. It's hard to believe this stuff was recorded 40-50 years ago. Not to say the stereo version is better because I really want the mono. It's just the only thing I have right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got The Beatles Rock Band. took me long enough but.... oh man it's just so fun. we had 50 people over last night and it was a huge hit!

I really like it, the flaw that I see in all the singing games is it forces you to follow the exact same patterns. you can't really use your own vibrato or improvise at all. still, it's wonderful :)

• 3 weeks later...
fair enough but if you combine that with liking hey jude and long and winding road don't ever talk to me again.

The Long and Winding Road is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Hey Jude is great too!

it could have been written by a lot of people

it's just a song

the fact it's an annoying song makes it worse

it isn't as bad as 'what goes on' from rubber soul though.

What Goes On is terrible. I hate to say it but most of my least favorite are Ringo sung songs (No wonder Lennon/McCartney gave him those songs :P).