✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Doctor Who ???......

interpol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch from Season 1 if you don't mid seeing a boring middle-aged man with big ears play the Doctor :nod:

Seriously though, Season 1 would be a good place to start, but if you want to skip to when David Tennant started playing the Doctor, then go from Season 2. Although, Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) first appears in Season 1 and he's one of the best/funniest Doctor Who characters :D

I just don't think he left as much of an impression on me as Tennant or Smith have done, but I guess I haven't seen any of the 9th Doctor episodes in a while, so my memory of that series is a little foggy :P Plus, I missed a load of episodes back then for various reasons so that may be partly why. However, I do remember the whole 'Empty Child' story arc which was amazing!

He also only had one series to leave an impression whereas the producers exploited Matt's and especially David's popularity so people obviously remember them better. There's nothing bad with not liking 9 but he's a bit underrated, I think.

The Empty Child was amazing. :dead:

He also only had one series to leave an impression whereas the producers exploited Matt's and especially David's popularity so people obviously remember them better. There's nothing bad with not liking 9 but he's a bit underrated, I think.

The Empty Child was amazing. :dead:

I do agree, Eccleston is hugely underrated, if he'd done just one more series :(

Is it a major problem if I start at like 5?

Not really, I mean series 5 isn't really closely linked with series 1-4, because there are completely new characters, I think it would be harder to start from series 6 though as series 6 has quite a lot of series 5 references.

Anyway I think series 5 is my favourite series :nice:

:uhoh:

I could just read up on the plot? I think I've grasped a few things. Probably gonna start at nr. 5 :nice: Thanks for yer inputs

Yay for 5! I personally think it's the best place to start for most people new to the show.

I just watched my first ever Doctor Who episode (/proud of self) and it was actually pretty good. :P Really cheesy, but quite entertaining. :awesome:

I had just dvr'd the first episode that showed up, which was Fear Me I think? Anyways yeah I liked it. :nod:

:awesome:

Yeah, several of the episodes can be really cheesy with not-so-great special effects and not-so-great monsters/aliens (some of the earlier episodes are a bit cringeworthy, I'll admit). Still, it's a pretty great show with fantastic storylines. I love the adventures.

i found christopher eccleston rather amusing as the doctor. i was also suprised that i really quite liked Billy P as i usually am very annoyed by her. i loved it, however one thing made it quite...well crap-where on earth did the guns in the dummies hands come from??!?! they should have stuck with the restraunt thing of terminator stylie form shifting.

thank you appreciated brother

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your suggestions, btw, I've been hooked on Doctor Who for a month now :surprised: Started at series 5 with my girlfriend and 1 on my one, and only have half of 3, and 4 left. I enjoyed the Matt Smith series a lot more, partially because I think he's the best Doctor, partially because the characters and stories are a lot better. Amy's relationship with the Dcotor is loads better than Rose's. Can't stand her :sick: