✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pope Dies

gib786

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was 84. He's been sick for months. He was dying the last few days. This is a shock?

*is not catholic*

I´m a catholic, it was a shock to me also... Although I expected it... And I always thought of him as an immortal Pope.

We will never have a Pope like him again :( And now he is in the house of the Father !

Dunno if people knew this, but Brazil is the biggest catholic Country in the world :)

thats true....a silver hammer...to make sure he's not asleep...its papal tradition...since before they had "medical teams"...the head cardinal would call his baptismal name 3 times....then tap his head with a hammer

OOOOHHH!! i thought she meant like hit him hard!! If it's just a tap, that makes sense!

sad he could not die where he was born and where he grew up.

i`ll never forget the day when he came to visit my hometown in 1999. 500 000 people gathered at the small airport just to find out he wouldn`t come cuz he was sick. 2 days later, early morning they say on tha radio he`s coming, again 500 000 people gathered. it was crazy. masses of people walkin on tha streets, goin in the same direction just to hear him say a few words and see his white helicopter.

he was the 1st pope who said there was no barrier between christianity and other religions.

i`ll miss him dearly but at the same time i`m happy he`s in a better place and free from suffering.

RIP my hommie