✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pope Dies

gib786

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They very rarely kiss his feet. They bow down to him as a sign of respect. Why do people courtsey when they meet royalty? It's along the same lines. It's just a gesture of respect.

why can they just cheer his name ? :/

then in that case, why people dont kiss Bush's feet ?

Albie, stop being obnoxious. No one kisses Bush's feet.

And they do cheer his name. But bowing down is much more eloquent that a random holla! :rolleyes:

read my previous post again, I worded that wrong :cool:

Maybe if you actually read what people said about the Pope in this thread, you would not have made such comments about him, but that is asking too much of you.

Go ahead ignore me, like I care.

People make him out to be a god, hes not god, there is only one God, and hes not him, and catholics,( And the pope was a catholic) They pray to "Mary" and other idols which is a graven image, So that means that since The Pope was a catholic he prayed to Mary and Other idols, the Bible says (Exodus 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, There are more chapters too.. ah, heres a good one, (Leviticus 26:1) Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, niether rear you up a standing image, niether shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God. The Bible says, For I am the Lord your God, And I dont think the Pope wrote the Bible if im not mistaking, Now, Since the Bible says in like a hundred different places that Bowing down to idols is an abomination, and The Pope bowed down to idols, The Bible is always right, so you cant say im wrong casue im quoteing out of the Bible.

as Catholics.. we dont 'idolize' any saint or statue or 'person' such as the Pope. The Pope is the 'symbolic' leader of our faith chosen to do God's work here on earth. People bow or kneel to him in the same way people used to do when Jesus romed the earth... because the Pope is just that.. a 'representative'.. as for the Bible... I dont follow that.. because God only knows how many times that thing has been translated and how many times scriptures have been left out or added...

my final thought on this.. try tp be a bit more sensitive to others on the board who have felt such grief in the passing of the Pope.. you may mot know how deep his death may have affected others. I know you are entitled to your opinions.. all I ask is that you 'try' to be a bit more sensitive... religion is a touchy subject...

Maybe if you actually read what people said about the Pope in this thread, you would not have made such comments about him, but that is asking too much of you.

Go ahead ignore me, like I care.

People make him out to be a god, hes not god, there is only one God, and hes not him, and catholics,( And the pope was a catholic) They pray to "Mary" and other idols which is a graven image, So that means that since The Pope was a catholic he prayed to Mary and Other idols, the Bible says (Exodus 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, There are more chapters too.. ah, heres a good one, (Leviticus 26:1) Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, niether rear you up a standing image, niether shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God. The Bible says, For I am the Lord your God, And I dont think the Pope wrote the Bible if im not mistaking, Now, Since the Bible says in like a hundred different places that Bowing down to idols is an abomination, and The Pope bowed down to idols, The Bible is always right, so you cant say im wrong casue im quoteing out of the Bible.

Im not catholic but i do respect what the pope ,as a man, has done, its not like 'wasting time' to check out the links and find out what he did in life but for what i read (quoted above) i understand you are not catholic? neither am i since my family is evangelic or something, not quite sure .

Im not a very religious person like go to church every sunday and such , in fact i think religion wont save you in the end but your faith in god (if you believe in god at all that is).

What i hate about non-catholic religions is that they tend to diss or look down on other religions or anything that goes against their belief , i so know that because i have this crazy cousin who is always telling me im gonna go to hell and how all the religions are wrong and even quoted the bible to show me how catholics are going to hell blah blah blah :rolleyes: and i just think he's a narrow-minded prick.

Anyways, i just think this isnt the place to argue about these things, if you dont have anything nice to say about the pope then dont say a word, all i know he was a great human being and will be missed for the acts of good he did in life. I admire him and respect him and im not even catholic ..uh huh, that's about it.

I agree with Ren.

But the very point that someone has to challenge the Pope and his relevance in a thread dedicated to us passing our respects to him. Its like so what if you think people see him as more important then he was, he was a great, brave man and deserves praises from those who respect him.

Its not like he went around declaring he was God himself or anything.