✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pope Dies

gib786

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up watching last Saturday :dozey:

:confused: yea, well.. I admit... this has gotten extensive coverage.. and I am happy its now all over... the man is buried now.. and at peace.. but, I was the same way with Princess Di when she died. I couldnt stop watching.. :stunned:

still sad.. sad indeed.

yea, well.. I admit... this has gotten extensive coverage.. and I am happy its now all over... the man is buried now.. and at peace.. but, I was the same way with Princess Di when she died. I couldnt stop watching..

Yeah, i was the same with Princess Diana. I stayed up till 5:30am watching random specials on her on the CBC. So strange.

why is it such a big deal that some man died?? i don't get it, really. i mean, he was elected as pope by his fellow cardinals.

nobody likes to say bad things after someone dies, but all this glorification of this pope is kinda too much, really. :dozey:

i mean, this guy goes to Brazil and tells of the 7th Day Adventists and Southern Baptists and others that they're "foxes" preying on his catholic "sheep." :rolleyes:

then, he goes to india and tells his bishops and others to "harvest" the souls of hindus who're living in darkness and who're heathens.... so basically, he's a partisan among all others like him, who're only concerned about increasing the numbers of their own followers.

why is it such a big deal that some man died?? i don't get it, really. i mean, he was elected as pope by his fellow cardinals.

nobody likes to say bad things after someone dies, but all this glorification of this pope is kinda too much, really. :dozey:

i mean, this guy goes to Brazil and tells of the 7th Day Adventists and Southern Baptists and others that they're "foxes" preying on his catholic "sheep." :rolleyes:

then, he goes to india and tells his bishops and others to "harvest" the souls of hindus who're living in darkness and who're heathens.... so basically, he's a partisan among all others like him, who're only concerned about increasing the numbers of their own followers.

if this is true... I wonder why they all saw it fit to go to his funeral???

AND ANOTHER THING musiclover...

he was just a man, yes... but a man with a greater purpose who was called upon by a higher being to be the spiritual leader of the catholic religion. He also helped liberate countries, and spread the message of love and faith throughout... he wasnt just some Joe Schmoe from the corner store who wore fancy robes.. he's bigger than that. A man who overcame such adversities in his life... and felt it was his duty to serve God in the best way he knew how.... maybe you're not very spiritual... and thats cool.. but dont knock something you dont understand.

It was amazing that the Pope had lived to the age of being up for the running, incredibly amazing that he was legible for qualifying for it, and theres no words for how he actually became pope. He was the biggest underdog, and being from Poland, he did amazingly well.

if this is true... I wonder why they all saw it fit to go to his funeral???

it's all politics, really. They all try to "see and be seen". Why else would the Iranian prez go to the pope's funeral?

i also don't get why *American* flag needs to fly at half-mast because the head of some religion died?! last i checked, americans didn't pledge allegiance to Rome....