🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

U2

:cool:@ Jenflor- thanks, goodnight!

And I`ll add I wouldn`t insist on all these bells and whistles to see them, I`d enjoy it even without I`m sure, but awesome to hear they put out to this degree on a constant level.

*goes out to buy a few new cd`s:D*

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhhh.... well, that was lovely. sooo the setlist, for those who care in the morning/whenever:

Breathe

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found/Stand by Me

Stuck in a Moment (acoustic)

No Line on the Horizon

Elevation

In A Little While

Unknown Caller

Until the End of the World

The Unforgettable Fire

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

I'll Go Crazy if I don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)

Sunday Bloody Sunday

MLK

Walk On

One/ Amazing Grace

Where the Streets Have No Name

---

Ultraviolet

With or Without You

Moment of Surrender

Exxxxxceeelllent. :D

well...that was absolutely amazing. I assume the whole concert wil be available later in HD, but I don't have any adjectives left to apply to that. Overall it ran pretty smoothly save for a freeze-up 1 minute in streets, causing me to miss the rest of the song before I got back on for ultraviolet.

well...that was absolutely amazing. I assume the whole concert wil be available later in HD, but I don't have any adjectives left to apply to that. Overall it ran pretty smoothly save for a freeze-up 1 minute in streets, causing me to miss the rest of the song before I got back on for ultraviolet.

Looks like they're already re-broadcasting it!

The stream was great for me. A couple of really minor glitches, but nothing that noticeable.

@Kimgan- you are right, Coldplay does set a benchmark in regards to U2, I can see what it is they wish to attain just in this show tonight. But Bono just does not grab me in stage presence...great music to listen to for me, just wont need the visuals to enjoy it. I doubt most normal gigs are as done out as this one in LA though:\ Oh well, just popped in to wave the "Newest Fan" banner, sooo...goodnight all !

well, Chris is a pretty energetic lead singer...if that's who you're comparing Bono to. & you should see Liam of Oasis perform then...even less stage presence, in that sense. all he really does is walk up to the mic with his hands clasped behind him & sing with his lips pressed up against the mic. ;)

Guest LiquidSky
it was awesome! Wish I could have been down on the floor when I saw them

:dance: it was!!

did you see them on the tour?

Me too! But I have seen U2 from the floor section on their previous tour! IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST CONCERTS I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! & I was so close too!

Looks like they're already re-broadcasting it!

The stream was great for me. A couple of really minor glitches, but nothing that noticeable.

it got a bit laggy towards the middle, but it wasn't too bad at all. a smooth stream overall & i'm watching on a low-powered eeePC (cos my main & more powerful PC is at the repair shop).

& well done, Jen, for getting a setlist compiled & up so fast! :D

Guest LiquidSky
I should go to bed, but the rebroadcast is in really awesome quality...ohh, dare I watch it again?!?!?

I missed Walk On!!

yes. :P but I sometimes stay up to 5, even with classes tomorrow.

until 5????? :stunned:

:stunned: how long did you have to queue to get up close?

Well on their previous tour, you know how they had two rings? I was so close to the second ring...not the first ring.. & I was on the center as well.. :D

yes. :P but I sometimes stay up to 5, even with classes tomorrow.

:lol:

well then, I salute you, sir! :P

Me too! But I have seen U2 from the floor section on their previous tour! IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST CONCERTS I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! & I was so close too!

Oh, sooooo jealous. After I saw them from the rafters on the Elevation tour, I swore the next time I saw them, I'd be on the floor. BUT, I didn't count on getting (expensive!) tickets to THREE Coldplay shows before I learned about the U2 tour. I had to compromise and get the cheap seats. :(

it got a bit laggy towards the middle, but it wasn't too bad at all. a smooth stream overall & i'm watching on a low-powered eeePC (cos my main & more powerful PC is at the repair shop).

& well done, Jen, for getting a setlist compiled & up so fast! :D

My pleasure, Kimmi! :nice:

Well, I'm off guys. That was really fun (thanks esp. Viri and Kimmi!), but it's waaaay past my bedtime!

Have fun, everyone! :hug:

Well on their previous tour, you know how they had two rings? I was so close to the second ring...not the first ring.. & I was on the center as well.. :D

haha...good enough! :D

orrite...it's like 6.30AM for me here. & i've got lectures starting at 11AM. :dozey:

g'nitezzz all & it's been a blast (the gig & hanging out in this thread during the gig)! :cool:

Guest LiquidSky
That was a blast. Loved the show. Especially Until the end of the world.

That was the best one!

:lol:

well then, I salute you, sir! :P

Oh, sooooo jealous. After I saw them from the rafters on the Elevation tour, I swore the next time I saw them, I'd be on the floor. BUT, I didn't count on getting (expensive!) tickets to THREE Coldplay shows before I learned about the U2 tour. I had to compromise and get the cheap seats. :(

My pleasure, Kimmi! :nice:

Well, I'm off guys. That was really fun (thanks esp. Viri and Kimmi!), but it's waaaay past my bedtime!

Have fun, everyone! :hug:

We were lucky to get the floor tickets because when we went to buy the tickets they had a drawing (we got there so early! I was like the 3rd person who arrived!) so i ended up getting one of the first numbers that got pushed aaaaaaallll the way to the back.. but my brother somehow managed to get two floor tickets when they had announced that all tickets were sold out after about 3-5 minutes! It was crazy!

Good night Jen! :wink: sweet dreams! :hug:

ahhhhh.... well, that was lovely. sooo the setlist, for those who care in the morning/whenever:

Breathe

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

Beautiful Day

I Still Haven't Found/Stand by Me

Stuck in a Moment (acoustic)

No Line on the Horizon

Elevation

In A Little While

Unknown Caller

Until the End of the World

The Unforgettable Fire

City of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

I'll Go Crazy if I don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)

Sunday Bloody Sunday

MLK

Walk On

One/ Amazing Grace

Where the Streets Have No Name

---

Ultraviolet

With or Without You

Moment of Surrender

Exxxxxceeelllent. :D

you missed 'mysterious ways' after magnificent

I went to the show but didn't have the best of tickets. Rose Bowl is too damn big. Anyhow, I think this is going to be released as a DVD, so I will probably get a better viewing of the show at that time. I kind of wished I would have stayed home and watched the web cast, though. At least I met Bono before the show.