✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I received an e-mail from the head of the organization ONE who looks for Danish volunteers in connection with U2's concerts in Horsens on 15 and 16 August 2010.

The theme (mentioned in this ONE e-mail) is "Make Poverty History" which was also the great theme around the global concerts in July, 2005. It was around the G7 summit and the EU summit, and Tony Blair was charing both summits. The politicians made a lot of pledges, but they have not lived up to what they promised. And I guess that the ONE campaign is to persuade people to put pressure on the politicians to live up to their promises and pledges in 2005 by signing a paper when U2 are giving concert. A worthy cause in my opinion.

And it's only a qualifier for the Europa League against the 9 times world champions Shamrock Rovers :P

Ok so they're gonna play in Modena on thursday and then both teams will be in Turin on friday to see the gig, in the VIP section, lucky bastards :lol:

Anyway, they keep rehearsing and they played Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me today. Here's the news from the italian fansite updated as the rehearsals keep going right now

:bomb:

I can't take it anymore

I have received a confirmation from the ONE organization (Weldon, campaign manager) that I am accepted as a volunteer for the ONE organization on 15 and 16 August in Horsens, Denmark. :dance::dance:

That also means that I will see U2. :dance::dance:

2009 COLDPLAY on 5/7 at Roskilde Festival and on 16 AUGUST in Herning, Denmark

2010 U2 on 15 and 16 AUGUST in Horsens, Denmark after having worked some hours for ONE

I cannot wait. :dance::dance:

u2280510_W.jpg

NEW U2 SONG SURFACES ONLINE - VIDEO

Footage of U2 rehearsing a new song has surfaced online.

The short film was captured by fans camping out near the gates of the Stadio Olimpico di Torino in Italy, where the group are rehearsing ahead of their first gig of 2010 on Friday (August 6).

The show will be the band's first since frontman Bono underwent back surgery, inadvertently forcing them to cancel a number of US shows as well as their headline slot at Glastonbury.

As U2Tours.com reports, Bono and co have also been heard playing a number of other songs including 'Get On Your Boots', 'Magnificent' and 'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me' during soundchecks. The latter song did not appear on any of the band's setlists during the first part of the tour last year.

Watch footage of the new song below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLq2H0EUKlk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- U2 - NEW SONG!!!!! (from reharsals in Torino)[/ame]

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/uncut/news/14297#

Why is this topic so dead now that they started to tour again and played three new songs? :whip:

Nancy you're gonna have a really great time, I couldn't stop jumping and singing the whole concert, I can't say I'm completely happy with the setlist since they didn't play my two favourite songs from the last album, but they played Until the End of the World and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me which was missing live since 1998, and three new songs, we got to sing happy birthday to The Edge, plus I still have the gig in Rome for a different setlist :awesome:

Bono is back in full form

40262_418854971178_627276178_5343172_3104542_n.jpg

39360_418855151178_627276178_5343175_3900357_n.jpg

40844_418855511178_627276178_5343198_5826693_n.jpg

40844_418855521178_627276178_5343200_1662537_n.jpg

And I was among the lucky fans who waited for them the night before the show and got to see them coming out to give us pizzas, I didn't get one because of all the police in the middle, but I shook Edge's hand, and that was enough for me to make the six hours waiting worthwhile :heart:

40000_418853076178_627276178_5343102_4911434_n.jpg

THANKS Denise for the little review and the beautiful pictures. I am so relieved / glad to hear that BONO is back in full form.

I am glad that you managed to shake Edge's hand (and wish him happy birthday). One of the new songs (from a rehearsal in Italy) was posted here. It was okay at the first listening.

What about the other two songs? Were they good IYO (in your opinion)?

The first new song is an instrumental song called Return of the Stingray Guitar, you can hear it in this video, I really like it, it was the intro song before Beautiful Day and it put me in the right mood for the gig

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The second is a sort of ballad, not sure about that one, I think I prefer the song for Glastonbury, it's more rock even tough I need to listen to both a few more times before getting a real idea of what I think of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I came home from Jutland a few hours ago after great ONE and U2 experiences.

At one point during the concert I was very close to BONO. He was walking over a movable / mobile bridge I was sitting under.

I was on stage with U2 on 15 August: We were 17 volunteers from the BONO-founded organisation ONE and 17 from AMNESTY International. Each of us volunteers were carrying a lit lantern that we put down on the stage. But even if we were on the same stage, there was quite a distance to where U2 were playing.

Both U2 concerts were great, and Bono and the boys were doing a great job, but Bono was not running as much around as I understand that he normally does.

I was active helping ONE when hearing - Monday from 17 to 17:30 - U2's sound-check.

The Danish press gave the U2 concerts between **** (4 x *) and ****** (6 x *), where 6 x * is maximum, so well done.

ABSOLUTE HIGHLIGHTS for me:

Being ON STAGE on 15 August during WALK ON

ONE (I love that song for eternity - just like VIVA LA VIDA)

SARAJEVO (I love that song - it is not so often played, so nice to hear it again)

MAGNIFICENT

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU - after the concerts I heard some concert-goers singing "Ooh - ooh ooh ooh". That reminded of the Coldplay concert one year ago (16.8) when leaving Herning stadium where the concert-goers were singing the "Oohs" of VIVA LA VIDA. Nice memories.

Mysterious Ways

When coming back again and checking my e-mail, I saw there there was also one from ONE and its co-founder BONO where he thanked for the support.

I was pleased that Snow Patrol was U2's warming up band. I really like the sound of "Just Say YES".

I cannot wait to see them again!

Guest howyousawtheworld

You all make me incredibly jealous that you've seen them live!

Anyhow - anyone got the latest on the possible release of Songs of Ascent?

I just heard the Danish Development Minister, Soeren Pind, on Danish television. Soeren Pind met BONO before one of the two U2 concerts in Horsens. BONO's organization ONE had asked Soeren Pind to show up in Horsens to a talk with BONO - that talk lasted around 30 minutes. In beforehand he had been somehow sceptical, but BONO had been very nice. He knew that Denmark and another country (Venezuela?) are in charge of the UN conference on the 2015 goals in September. Bono offered Denmark his help asking if there was something he could do.

Guest howyousawtheworld

People people! Seeing as there is going to be a U2 week looking back at their albums and tours starting from Monday 6th September we would absolutely love contributors to write classic reviews for the albums October, War, Rattle and Hum and No Line On The Horizon. These are the only 4 albums left but we'd love your help! Notify your interest in the thread below!

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71511&page=3