✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw U2 in Rome earlier this month. It was my very first concert outside North America.

I heard the new song Mercy for the first time. Hopefully, it will be on their next album, which is rumoured to came out next year!:)

I saw U2 in Rome earlier this month. It was my very first concert outside North America.

I heard the new song Mercy for the first time. Hopefully, it will be on their next album, which is rumoured to came out next year!:)

I was in Rome too, after seeing them on the first European date it was awesome to be on the very last as well.

I freaked out when they played Mercy, I loved that song since it first leaked, and even tough I knew they had played it in the previous gigs, I still hadn't heard the "new" revisited version, which I really like (but I like the original more).

It was a very emotional gig for us italian fans, they really have a special place here and we wanted them to know :nice:

a few pics

34395_441825751178_627276178_5856298_7023872_n.jpg

33911_441826226178_627276178_5856319_6370378_n.jpg

Part of the coreography

65912_441825926178_627276178_5856305_4511020_n.jpg

39573_441826301178_627276178_5856322_4299890_n.jpg

and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rumours about them closing the tour next year in Dublin, I'm sooo gonna be there if it's true :wacko:

U2 are set to release a new album in "early 2011", according to their manager Paul McGuinness.

McGuinness revealed that the follow-up to 2009's 'No Line On The Horizon', which is provisionally titled 'Songs Of Ascent', would arrive before the band's North American tour in May.

"I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks," he told the Irish Times. "I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour, which starts in May."

hope this is true.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but...

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/53513

U2 recruit Danger Mouse to produce new album

Band also reveal plans to record a 'club' LP and concept album based on their 'Spider-Man' musical

U2 frontman Bono has revealed that Danger Mouse is working on their forthcoming album.

The record, which is tentatively titled 'Songs Of Ascent' and is due out next year according to the band's manager Paul McGuinness , has been produced by the Gnarls Barkley and Broken Bells man, otherwise known as Brian Burton.

"We have about 12 songs with him," Bono told Theage.com. "At the moment that looks like the album we will put out next, because it's just happening so easily."

The singer also revealed that the band are currently working on two other albums, the first of which is a "club" record featuring Lady Gaga collaborator RedOne, Black Eyed Peas' Will.i.am and David Guetta.

"U2's remixes in the 1990s were a real treasure," he said. "So we wanted to make a club sounding record. We have a pile of songs."

The band are also hoping to make a concept album based on songs Bono and guitarist The Edge have written for their Spider-Man musical, which opens on Broadway next month.

"We haven't convinced the rest of the band to do that yet," added the singer. "[Drummer] Larry [Mullen Jr] definitely has a raised eyebrow."

Working with Danger Mouse and on a club record. Hard for me to say anything because I haven't heard it yet, but I can't say I'm crazy about the idea.

I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind if U2 made albums like ATYCLB and HTDAAB for the rest of their career. They really have nothing left to prove. If they were to go in any direction, I would prefer it to be a more somber or dark album. Working with flashy producers and pop stars doesn't sound right for a group of aging rock stars.

I love Larry. He always tries to put the brakes on Bono's crazy ideas. I always get the feeling that Larry is telling Bono, "Can't we just be a rock band."

I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't mind if U2 made albums like ATYCLB and HTDAAB for the rest of their career. They really have nothing left to prove. If they were to go in any direction, I would prefer it to be a more somber or dark album. Working with flashy producers and pop stars doesn't sound right for a group of aging rock stars.

I love Larry. He always tries to put the brakes on Bono's crazy ideas. I always get the feeling that Larry is telling Bono, "Can't we just be a rock band."

I am with you. they need a HARD rocking album. I love the classics, but we need more songs like The Fly and Zoo Station. The Rick Rubin songs should be released....I would LOVE to hear what those songs sound like