✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your point? Are you saying the Edge is not a good guitarist?

i loved his facial expression there when i first saw that bit on 'It Might Get Loud'...still do! haha

not sure what Braddock's point is by posting that, but i happened to have watched that movie recently. if you haven't seen it, that's from the bit/"chapter" where he, Jimmy Page & Jack White were discussiong their signature techniques. for The Edge's case, i felt that particular scene showed why he uses effects pedal on the U2 albums very well. i definitely would have the same expression as him playing that Elevation riff sounding the way it did without effects. :dozey:

^ He's created the musical backdrop for the biggest band over the last 25 years. Not only that, but his guitar playing is recognized instantly as being uniquely his own. I don't care if he's a virtuoso or not.

Went to a U2 DVD pre-screening party tonight.

One of 21 hosted in North America. It was at my friend's house. Ended up winning a copy of the DVD before it comes out!

Look for my pic or my face in a video on U2.com soon.

Went to a U2 DVD pre-screening party tonight.

One of 21 hosted in North America. It was at my friend's house. Ended up winning a copy of the DVD before it comes out!

Look for my pic or my face in a video on U2.com soon.

Awesome. Have you watched it yet? I think it comes out tomorrow. I am going to pick it up on my way home from work.

Yeah, we watched it a few hours ago. Pretty awesome. Although I think that U2 DVDs will forever be spoiled by all the camera flashes!

Also not too hard to see how Bono has been wearing out his back :P

Some cheesey animation stuff in it, I don't know, its sort of cool but sort of not.

Are you talking about how he swings from the circle mic, or his gyrations in general?

I hope it's good. I was at the Rose Bowl show but had miserable seats. This will be like watching it for the first time.

^ haha...I love Bono. Easily my favorite frontman of all time. Is the view the same as the YouTube video? Sorry to bug. I should just wait until tomorrow.

I just hope it has a good recording of Ultraviolet. It's a top 3 U2 song for me, and the circle mic and lighting just fit that song.

^ haha...I love Bono. Easily my favorite frontman of all time. Is the view the same as the YouTube video? Sorry to bug. I should just wait until tomorrow.

I just hope it has a good recording of Ultraviolet. It's a top 3 U2 song for me, and the circle mic and lighting just fit that song.

The view uses some of the same shots I'm sure (I'd have to watch them side by side to compare). But definitely alot of new shots not from youtube. You'll really love the Ultraviolet light video. Some cool stuff.

And I mean just the colours are so crisp in the DVD.

And the audio is good too, not that echoing type of sound we heard on the youtube broadcast.

The view uses some of the same shots I'm sure (I'd have to watch them side by side to compare). But definitely alot of new shots not from youtube. You'll really love the Ultraviolet light video. Some cool stuff.

And I mean just the colours are so crisp in the DVD.

And the audio is good too, not that echoing type of sound we heard on the youtube broadcast.

Nice, can't wait. Thanks for the info.