✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah. Well they have the tour announced so far in advance because they had to reschedule all the North American dates. I originally was going to be going to see them July 16th 2010, but that was cancelled. And my friend got a refund on our tickets, so I wasn't going to see them. And then today noticed there are floor seats available, so scooped a few of those up.

Aus/NZ Tour confirmed

Wednesday 1st December – Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

Wednesday 8th December – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Monday 13th December – ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Saturday 18th December – Subiaco Oval, Perth

Tix on sale September 2 with more dates announced as shows sell out.

Aus/NZ Tour confirmed

Wednesday 1st December – Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

Wednesday 8th December – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Monday 13th December – ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Saturday 18th December – Subiaco Oval, Perth

Tix on sale September 2 with more dates announced as shows sell out.

Sep 3 for tix.

And the NZ date is

Thursday25 November - Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

"excellent sight-lines tickets in all 5 cities will be available starting at $39.90 with general admission floor tickets available at $99.90. Additional reserved seat tickets also available starting at $99.90."

U2 fans, does anyone know the month in 1987 the single Where the Streets Have No Name was released in? Wikipedia says July and I can't find the exact date on u2.com, but something's telling me it's August, not July. :bigcry:

I am sitting here with the leaflet inside the CD U218 cassette.

It says: "Where the streets have no name" 4:46

Released August 1987.

Recorded at Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin

Produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno

Engineered by Flood

Additional engineering by Dave Meegan with Pat McCarthy

Mixed by Steve Lillywhite

1987 Island Records Ltd.

Catalogue number: CID 340

Chart position: UK: #4, US: #13

Taken from the album THE JOSHUA TREE

Reposted from Aussie Thread

U2

Second Shows Added: New Zealand/Australia

U2 360° Tour announces sell out performances in Australia & New Zealand. Due to overwhelming demand in Perth - 2nd show added & sold out

2nd shows just confirmed in Auckland, Melbourne, Brisbane & Sydney.

U2 360° is a hit down under with sell outs announced in both New Zealand and Australia. And now, fans who missed out will have another chance to see U2 360° with 2nd shows now confirmed in Auckland on Friday, November 26th at Mt. Smart Stadium; in Melbourne on Friday, December 3rd at Etihad Stadium; in Brisbane on Thursday, December 9th at Suncorp Stadium and in Sydney on December 14th at ANZ Stadium

As previously announced JAY-Z will perform as Very Special Guest.

Tickets for the U2 performances in Auckland will go on sale this Thursday, September 9th. Tickets for performances in Melbourne, Brisbane & Sydney will go on sale this Friday, September 10th at all usual outlets. U2.com subscribers will be able to buy tickets ahead of the public on-sale.

All information at U2.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Live debut of the discarded How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb tune Mercy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS6tiSVILXQ]YouTube - U2 Zurich 2010-09-12 Mercy (live debut) - u2gigs.com[/ame]

Heard that it's one of possible the listed songs for their next album 'Songs of Ascent' which is rumoured to be released in March 2011. The theory here is that it may have found it's way into the album after the somewhat strange reactions to their last album which the band admitted to that it wasn't accessible enough to be popular. The proposed follow up to No Line On The Horizon, Songs of Ascent, therefore may have been slightly altered to allow the album to be more accessible to the wider audience so in many ways the band have probably dropped the idea that it's No Line On The Horizon's 'twin'. Rather than being an extension of their last album it could be seen that it is in fact completely separate from it's predecessor. That or they probably had an idea that NLOTH wouldn't be incredibly successful so they've got a mighty more 'classic' U2 album to follow it up.

Here's the studio version of Mercy. A fine fine song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZSchL39m3A]YouTube - U2 - Mercy[/ame]

This is really exciting news for U2 fans, especially people who have been fans of the band for a long time. I remember when this track leaked post-HTDAAB how well received it was by fans. I think it has some of Bono's best songwriting and vocals since Achtung Baby.

Really excited about it being played live as chances are it will be on the next album. They don't usually play songs unless they will be on an album.

Guest howyousawtheworld

They did claim that Songs of Ascent was going to be 'biblican themed' and this is as Biblical as it gets. 'I was drinking some wine and it turned to blood'.

Also the song 'Glastonbury' may appear to be about the music festival but it's built on the myth that Jesus and Joseph of Arimathea came to England and Glastonbury where Jesus was taught by the Druids of Glastonbury.

"It's a pilgrimage. It also turns out there's a white flower that twice yearly blooms at Glastonbury. And the mythology of Glastonbury goes back to Joseph of Arimathea – he's the guy who helped take the body of Jesus down from the cross. He is also said to have gone to Britain, to Glastonbury, where he put his staff in the ground. This big tree at Glastonbury, with this white flower, is supposed to come from that. [bono recites part of the lyrics to U2's song: "Came to find a flowering rose/The flowering rose of Glastonbury".] And he's supposed to have brought the cup from the Last Supper, the Holy Grail. "