✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that nothing has happened on this U2 thread lately.

Funny how I could relate many U2 songs to the situation in CHILE where today the trapped Chilean miners were brought up in the Dayligth and reunited with family members.

VH1 Denmark had U2 as today's Superstar and played these U2 songs which I listened to with the events in Chile in mind:

Where the streets have got no name (thinking of the galleries / shafts down there in the mine)

Stuck in a moment you can't get out of (thinking of these miners stuck in the mine that they could not get out of).

Then my absolute favourite U2 song: ONE.

Wonderful song - and also a symbol of REUNIFICATION. Written on the eve of the reunificiation of Germany. And now I think of it as a symbol of the reunification of these miner families in Chile.

The Saints are coming (originally written about the rescue the people trapped by the Katrina hurricane - wrong spelling, I know. Now these men are being helped up in the DAYLIGHt)

Who's gonna ride your wild horses (here thinking: If the miners had not got up safe etc., who should take care of their families financially)

BEAUTIFUL DAY - it sure is.

With or without you (the thoughts revolving around - will they make it or not - With or Without You)

MAGNIFICENT

Elevation (them being lifted up in the Daylight in a sort of Elevator - being freed from their captivity under ground)

Sweetest Thing (being reunited with family and friends)

Get on your boots (back to normal life - at least very soon)

Also played: Sunday, Bloody Sunday, BECAUSE OF YOU, I still haven't found what I am looking for.

On 11 May - the day after Bono's 50th birthday - his grave back problem that required an operation started. Then the operation and the recovery. U2 restarted their tour around 4 August I think it was. I saw them in Horsens on 15+16 August.

You have something to look forward to. It was really awesome both nights. So ENJOY.

i cant wait for dec 13 when i see them in sydney. its completely sold out which means 95 000 fans!! its going to be awesome and i hope to be right near the front of the pit.

How early you planning to line up? I imagine it's going to be the same at Etihad Stadium in Melb... good thing about going 2 nights is I will get it right the 2nd!

How early you planning to line up? I imagine it's going to be the same at Etihad Stadium in Melb... good thing about going 2 nights is I will get it right the 2nd!

Haha, if there's a good thing about forgetting to buy tickets to the (sold out) first night, it's that seeing as the second night's STILL not sold out it should be relatively easy for me to get a good spot :D

etihad is only 60 000 :P which why im surprised they didnt have it at the mcg.

i was thinking about going the 2nd night for the cheap seats but so many other shows have come up i opted against it.

i'll get there around 4pm-ish which might mean i wont get under the Claw but most certainly a good spot outside of that circle. sydney 2nd show only has the $300 and $250 seats remaining so you can almost call that one a sell out too.

Bono

I saw Bono before the Paris gig, a few weeks ago. The previous day he had an appointment with President Sarkozy. I've waited before the Elysée to try to take pictures. After waiting over 2 hours I took 2 pictures i've already put on here. This is the third pic that was taken by a guy standing next to me. Actually we swap pictures by email. As a result he's got 3 pictures, so have I. :)

jr4kux.jpg

Enjoy !