✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

I got some pics and vids on my iphone on the first show. Taking my camera tonight so I should get some better ones! Oh my god, it was amazing. Seriously, everyone needs to see a U2 concert in their lifetime!

148603_475789637384_586672384_6154343_7729399_n.jpg

wow glad to hear you had fun!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! Just got home from the second night. Incredible, way better than the first! Got in the circle under the claw so was right in front of edge the whole night! Took lots of pics and vids. EPIC NIGHT! setlist changed too. Streets, vertigo and elevation highlights. Crowd mental.

Wow!! Just got home from the second night. Incredible, way better than the first! Got in the circle under the claw so was right in front of edge the whole night! Took lots of pics and vids. EPIC NIGHT! setlist changed too. Streets, vertigo and elevation highlights. Crowd mental.

:dance: so happy for you!!!

I hope they'll announce the Chile tourdate next monday

Good for you. U2 is my favorite band, but I always get bad seats. I can only imagine what it's like "under the claw." Very cool!

U2 live is almost like a religious experience. I've never seen it with any other band.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I'm really digging this clip of Ultraviolet. Specifically, I think Bono sounds great. He sometimes has a tendency to "talk" the lyrics. However, when he's on, he can still belt it out. If Bono's going good, he sings with so much passion - I love it.

Wow. What an unbelievable couple of nights this week have offered. Firstly, U2's show on Wednesday night and their subsequent first show in Australia since 2007 was brilliant. We got there at 6:30pm and it was quite full already so we stood just outside of the claw. Decent enough to catch a glimpse of the band on the stage, plus the full cinematics of the big 360-degree screen (which in itself is spectacular).

148654_476477562384_586672384_6163055_7575582_n.jpg

What performers. It poured the entire day in Melbourne on Wednesday but it cleared just as the gates opened, and stayed fine the whole night. More proof that Bono IS god, or at least one of his disciples! The setlist was spot on, except for a number of exceptions. Crowd was responsive, but not fantastic which I could see Bono getting a little upset with. But boy were things different the second night...

On Friday for the second show we decided to go for it, and get there early. We lined up outside at 3pm, and gates opened at 5:30pm. It was totally worth it even though we got burnt in the process - but the atmosphere lining up was great, we chatted with the people around us. Big cheers as the gates opened and we went in. To our amazement, there were quite a few people already in front of us in line but we managed to get into the inner circle and snatch a spot third row right in front of the stage where I knew The Edge was going to spend the entire night! So glad I went the first night to sus things out. The waiting went quickly, and Jay-Z was on soon enough.

66147_477564222384_586672384_6179739_3164176_n.jpg

What a born performer. An odd choice for support, but fantastic in my mind. Really got the crowd in an excited and positive mood. Played a few songs I recognised, and pretty much went through his greatest hits. Empire State Of Mind got as good a reaction as U2's songs later in the night. It really is a monster track.

As night fell and darkness surrounded the stadium, U2 came out. All class with the entrance, of course, to Return of the Stingray Guitar. There were a few changes to the setlist from Wednesday, they played New Year's Day instead of I Will Follow, Ultra violet instead of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me in the encore but also PRIDE WAS PLAYED!!! So happy about that, they played a brand new unreleased song on Wednesday night which wasn't as good as Pride, obviously. The acoustic of Stuck In a Moment was magical, as well as when Bono played One on guitar. Songs that went absolutely OFF (it was insane how mental the crowd went) included Elevation, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Vertigo and Streets. Seriously, I will never forget Vertigo. One word = EPIC.

156361_477566137384_586672384_6179785_1175098_n.jpg

Overall the night was so memorable. These shows were my first stadium experiences, and I was impressed. The crowd was way more receptive on the second night, probably because it was a Friday night and they were well up for it. I went with my Irish flag (being 1/4 Irish) and got looks and points from Bono and The Edge! Totally worth it! Pretty much ruined my body and couldn't get out of bed the next morning I was that sore. But unforgettable. Going to have to get the Live at the Rose Bowl DVD just to relive the moments. I came out of the concerts saying "This is one of the things people MUST do in their lives".

SETLIST (covered cos Aussies are reading this!)

setlist-image-v1?id=1bd2a114

Mine too probably. Wish they would do another arena tour like that.

I keep trying to fight my U2 love to be cool and stuff but I can't :P

Haha, it's cool to hate U2. But cool is bad. So by liking U2 you are being uncool and hip.

Even Win Butler has a soft spot for U2.

BOTH NIGHTS. And Bono picks a female from the crowd and sings with her.

I'm crossdressing in Montreal :P

Actually I have a connection so I'm going to try to meet Bono. :dance:

Stadiums > Arenas after this week!

After seeing them in both I pick arena.

That boston DVD is my favourite live DVD of any band.

+1 I've watched that thing countless times.

I would say the performance of With or Without You from that night is probably my favorite music clip of all time. To me, it's everything music is supposed to be. I could list several moments during that performance that give me goosebumps. The connection with the girl as she mouths the lyrics, the thumping baseline, the celestial lighting, the Edge's infinity guitar and delays, the heart stage glow during the "Ooohhh," Bono's unmatched confidence, the hands going up in the air as Bono swings the mic toward the sky during the second "Ooohhh" - it's just perfect to me.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I LOVE the version of New York on the Elevation tour. I actually think it's one of their best songs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvBsYYE3n3w]YouTube - U2 - New York (Live in Boston)[/ame]

edit: holy fuck how could i forget this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxzuqvXO4oc]YouTube - U2 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!) acoustic[/ame]

I wish Hamish Hamilton was still doing their DVDs. He perfectly captured how emotionally and physically involved the crowd is during a U2 show. I'm from Southern California, and I'm used to people watching concerts with their hands in their pockets (slight exaggeration). When I saw U2 for the first time, I couldn't believe how much the fans were into it. I've never seen anything like it before or since.