✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

Guest howyousawtheworld

Achtung Baby to be re issued for it's 20th anniversary this year!!!! Also in a special reissue boxset Zooropa will also be included! If it's half as good as The Unforgettable Fire reissue (which blew me away - no re mastered album has done that...not even The Beatles) then we are in for a treat!

u2-achtung-baby.jpg

U2 will mark the 20th anniversary of their seventh studio album ‘Achtung Baby‘ with a new, expanded reissue.

According to fansite atu2.com, the band’s high profile manager Paul McGuinness confirmed the news in the latest edition of Rolling Stone, and apparently already has his eye on more profits for the money-making monster of a rock group.

“There will be multiple formats,” he said. “If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value.”

After their massive 360 world tour recently became the highest grossing tour of all time, U2 will take their high-production show to the Glastonbury festival tomorrow night (June 24th), when they headline the event’s Pyramid Stage a year after being forced to withdraw due to an injury sustained by frontman Bono.

The band’s 1993 follow up ‘Zooropa‘ will also be released as part of a special box-set.

Read more: http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2011/06/u2-set-to-reissue-achtung-baby-on-20th-anniversary/#ixzz1Q94n9ZgO

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

I always get chills when I watch the Zoo Station opener on Zoo TV Live From Sydney. Amazing!

Hope they do The Fly tonight. As well as New Years Day.

The Fly and New Year's Day are both definite I think. The Fly was the first song from the Achtung Baby era to be released and New Year's Day was their first big hit so it makes sense.

And the Sydney DVD is so amazing... Just watching the intro and imagining actually being there takes my breath away. It even looked mesmerising on the Vertigo Tour DVD. I really hope they open with it tonight! :D

Guest howyousawtheworld
The Fly and New Year's Day are both definite I think. The Fly was the first song from the Achtung Baby era to be released and New Year's Day was their first big hit so it makes sense.

And the Sydney DVD is so amazing... Just watching the intro and imagining actually being there takes my breath away. It even looked mesmerising on the Vertigo Tour DVD. I really hope they open with it tonight! :D

Watching that intro on tv is one thing. If I had been there I think I'd have fainted! Some music journalist called it the Sgt Pepper of live touring and watching it again it most certainly was! If their Glastonbury set is half as good as that show then it'll be 10/10 easily.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm half expecting BB King to appear with U2. He is totally showing how to perform at Glasto unlike the shite such as Two Door Cinema Club. I watched them and I was like...seriously?

I'm half expecting BB King to appear with U2. He is totally showing how to perform at Glasto unlike the shite such as Two Door Cinema Club. I watched them and I was like...seriously?

I saw TDCC live once and thought they were really fun.

But yes, BB King as a guest would be welcome.

I saw TDCC live once and thought they were really fun.

But yes, BB King as a guest would be welcome.

don't worry Corkus...i'm with you about TDCC. i've seen them play live & thought they were good. even my sis who's never heard/seen them at the time said they were good.

& +1000 that BB King's gonna pop in for a song or 2...guessing When Love Comes To Town might just be on the setlist tonight. :cool: