✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite pre War song would probably be Tomorrow. An underrated song from an underrated album in my opinion. I love the Celtic feel the Uillean pipes add to the song. Actually it was their most Celtic feeling album which is why I love it.

October>>>Boy

You and my dad are the only two people in the world that October is their favorite album.

Bono - Aw man, those girls were cool.

Edge - Yeah, they were pretty fun.

Bono- ...hey, has anybody seen my suitcase? :D

Actually they closed out with 40. I don't know if you guys saw this but on U2.com after the gig in St. Louis they posted this:The Ocean, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Another Time Another Place... what a set list the band opened with in St Louis. I stopped there and immediately called my dad who almost had a heart attack out of depression. I failed to read the next line: Actually, this was the one they opened with on another night in St Louis, thirty years ago when they first played here. He felt a lot better cuz we saw them in Philly and if we had missed those songs, we would of felt really cheated. Still disappointed we didn't get to see Out Of Control, Bad, or 40.

Hey what's you're favorite pre-War song? Mine is A Day Without Me

It was a snippet of 40. I don't usually consider 2 lines of 40 as the band finishing off with with that song. Last night they did a full blown version of 40 to end the night. After Moment of Surrender instead of ending the show they did Out of Control. On the setlist there was a (?) as the last song. When i saw Adam and Edge switching places I got pretty excited knowing what was coming.

last night's concert in Moncton was epic (despite the buckets of mud everywhere!) The Canadian forces fighter planes overhead were way cool. It was great to hear the classic tunes - didn't play some of those in Toronto.

Fascinating - I didn't know U2 performed this ballad. Says on Wiki they picked it up from Luke Kelly of The Dubliners, and where they picked it up I am not sure - could be from Ewan McColl and Peggy Seeger, or Peter, Paul, and Mary. Truly pays homage to the hard work, risks, and tragedies endured by workers in these dangerous jobs - through their toil our world is built, they deserve respect, good pay, and better safety at work, and honor for their bravery. Maurice Ruddick, may he always be remembered.

That must have been a fantastic concert, mud or no mud!!:)

It was a snippet of 40. I don't usually consider 2 lines of 40 as the band finishing off with with that song. Last night they did a full blown version of 40 to end the night. After Moment of Surrender instead of ending the show they did Out of Control. On the setlist there was a (?) as the last song. When i saw Adam and Edge switching places I got pretty excited knowing what was coming.

Yeah it's cool how they do that but why?

U2 Wraps Most Successful Tour Ever

August 1, 2011

The U2 360° tour came to an end in Moncton, N.B., Canada on Saturday night, bringing to a close the most successful concert tour of all time. The massive 26-month undertaking saw U2 play 110 concerts in front of more than 7.1 million fans in 30 countries across five continents. It opened in Barcelona on June 30, 2009 before hitting the road. A second European leg started in August 2010, featuring U2’s first appearances in Russia and Turkey. In 2011, U2 returned to South Africa for the first time since 1998 playing two huge concerts in the World Cup Stadiums of Capetown and Johannesburg, and after playing three sold out nights at Estadio Morumbi in Sao Paulo, Brazil, U2 360° passed 5 million tickets sold and became the biggest tour of all time. The tour's biggest single audience was 108,800 at Stadium Azteca in Mexico City on May 14, 2011. Furthermore, 10 million people watched a live stream of U2 360° from the Rose Bowl on YouTube.

Arthur Fogel, Chairman, Global Music & CEO, Global Touring, Live Nation, said, "This tour was a brilliant success on every level and all involved should be extremely proud. U2 once again have set the standard for achievement – perhaps for all time." Billboard's Ray Waddell added, "With tonight's final show, U2’s 360° tour will go down as the biggest tour ever reported both in terms of box office gross and attendance. This tour is a remarkable feat on a global scale, from its staging and production, to its video elements, all the way to the scaling of the house, routing and execution. Most importantly, U2 rocked mightily all over the world."

Some other statistics announced by Live Nation about the U2 tour included: 9,760 guitar strings used; 134 crew members; 126 truck drivers; 53 gigs attended by a single fan; 12 bus drivers and 11 babies born to crew.

As previously reported, now that the tour has concluded, the iconic "claw" stage will be available for sale. Designed by Bono, Willie Williams and Mark Fisher, the in-the-round transportable structure was designed to support up to 185 metric tons and engineered to withstand high winds while sustaining seismic loads. While on tour, "the claw" carried a cylindrical video screen able to open to a size of 14,000 square feet. The custom built structures will be put on sale world-wide as either a permanent or portable pavilion, where they can be used as amphitheatres, civic plazas, corporate pavilions, world expositions and more.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I think I'll get the Super Deluxe collection (not the UBER deluxe) of Achtung Baby. That hard back book looks quality.