✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is it. Moncton will be the final show of the final leg. You can sense they are starting to kind of realize that this spaceship is about to land for the final time.

Here is the setlist from Montreal Night 2

Main Set: Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World - Where Have All The Flowers Gone, Out of Control, Get On Your Boots, All I Want Is You, Stuck In A Moment, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, New Year's Day, Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Teenage Kicks, I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Please - Life During Wartime - Psycho Killer, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On

Encore(s): One, Hallelujah - Where the Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

I saw them last night in Toronto. Since U2 is the first band I fell in love with when I was 14, it was a massive event for me in my life!

Especially that I was in the hospital a week ago and I have no idea where I got the strength to stand, and sing my heart out to every song.

The show was great, I was in the lower bowl and hey, the sound at Roger's centre is THAT great, but it was still amazing. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me was one of my favorites along with Zooropa that they played.

I have some pictures, they'll eventually make it off my camera!

Guest howyousawtheworld
This is it. Moncton will be the final show of the final leg. You can sense they are starting to kind of realize that this spaceship is about to land for the final time.

Here is the setlist from Montreal Night 2

Main Set: Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until the End of the World - Where Have All The Flowers Gone, Out of Control, Get On Your Boots, All I Want Is You, Stuck In A Moment, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, New Year's Day, Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Teenage Kicks, I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Discotheque - Please - Life During Wartime - Psycho Killer, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On

Encore(s): One, Hallelujah - Where the Streets Have No Name, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender

That's a great setlist. And I agree - it'd be amazing if they put something like Acrobat on the setlist. They did it with Zooropa surely they can do it with Acrobat! I do think A Sort Of Homecoming should have been brought back like The Unforgettable Fire which I thought was absolutely amazing. In fact I wish they played more from that album. But I can't really complain about the setlists from the tour. To bring something like Scarlet back from oblivion was one of many inspired moves from this tour!

Oh and it's good to see New Year's Day back on the setlist!

That's a great setlist. And I agree - it'd be amazing if they put something like Acrobat on the setlist. They did it with Zooropa surely they can do it with Acrobat! I do think A Sort Of Homecoming should have been brought back like The Unforgettable Fire which I thought was absolutely amazing. In fact I wish they played more from that album. But I can't really complain about the setlists from the tour. To bring something like Scarlet back from oblivion was one of many inspired moves from this tour!

Oh and it's good to see New Year's Day back on the setlist!

I didn't realize that they hadn't played New Year's Day since the Mexico shows earlier on this leg. I was pretty excited to hear that track as it is in my top 3 favourite U2 songs (after UTEOTW and Bad). My only hope is that they play Stay in Moncton. 3 shows (2 on this tour) and I still have yet to hear that song live!

U2 - Bad is very good. U2 is good but Coldplay is better

You're wrong.

^ yeah, I agree that U2 is the better band. There's no other band that I can think of capable of pulling off a tour that is the size and scope of the 360 tour. U2 does it effortlessly. Even songs that I don't love on their album are magical when played live. I'm seeing them tomorrow in Philly, and I can't wait.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Yeah I preferred Coldplay's last 4 albums to U2's last 4 albums but in my opinion no band has ever topped Achtung Baby since it came out. That Achtung Baby/Zooropa/Zoo TV era was...well words can't describe how great that era was. I'd be amazed if Coldplay or any band for that matter gets half way near to creating something like that again.

I can't actually say which of them is better Coldplay or U2 (or others like Muse, Pink Floyd, ...), because it depends of my mood, my luck, the weather, ... But one thing is for sure - They make epic music.

The best example I can always give is my childhood song "Vertigo" :lol:

Guest howyousawtheworld
I can't actually say which of them is better Coldplay or U2 (or others like Muse, Pink Floyd, ...), because it depends of my mood, my luck, the weather, ... But one thing is for sure - They make epic music.

The best example I can always give is my childhood song "Vertigo" :lol:

I guess it's all a matter of opinion though. And about Vertigo, I wasn't as big a U2 fan back then but when that came out I absolutely loved it. Don't love it as much now but wow it was so good back then! My favourite childhood song was probably Sing by Travis then Clint Eastwood (Ed Case remix) by Gorillaz!

THat is awesome you're getting to see them in Philly!

I'm really tired of Coldplay fans saying they are better than U2. It's too early in Coldplay's career to make such brave statements.

One thing that has really impressed me is the way that they continually make old songs seem new each tour. Or the way they can bring back a song like Zooropa or Scarlet and fit it right into the 360 tour.

In fact I am mightily impressed that I saw them in September 2009 and then this past week on the same tour yet there were 8 different songs between the two shows and they were both different shows. Not just in terms of the songs, but also different video montages, different ways of playing the songs, different snippets thrown in.

I also love that they aren't just a greatest hits band, they are still playing a handful of songs from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Very impressive.

Coldplay couldn't even consider doing tours on the scale that U2 are doing right now. I don't see many bands being able to put on a tour like U2 has with the 360 tour and sell out STADIUMS every single show. It is quite amazing.