✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome. Arcade Fire is the openner, right? What a great night of music that will be. I saw 3 nights of the 360 tour, and I was more impressed each time. I'm sad to see it come to an end. I've seen hundreds of live bands over the years, but no band captures my imagination more than U2. It's truly mind blowing what they do on that stage.

Edit: try to get there early. I had GA for 2 shows and never made it to the inner circle. That's probably my only regret.

Tonight from 22:30 to 23:10 on Swedish SVT1:

30 years with U2 about U2's music during 30 years.

So if you are able to see this Swedish TV channel - SVT 1 - then you have the chance to watch this.

EDIT: Due to recent events in Norway, Norwegian TV NRK broadcast during the 50 minutes in question instead of U2.

I've seen hundreds of live bands over the years, but no band captures my imagination more than U2. It's truly mind blowing what they do on that stage.

Amen to that!

As much as I like Interpol, I'm a CRAZED fan of Arcade Fire. Was really wishing I would've gotten them to open but, ey, Interpol did great, too!

Gonna be an unbelievable few shows though. :nice:!

That's awesome. Arcade Fire is the openner, right? What a great night of music that will be. I saw 3 nights of the 360 tour, and I was more impressed each time. I'm sad to see it come to an end. I've seen hundreds of live bands over the years, but no band captures my imagination more than U2. It's truly mind blowing what they do on that stage.

Edit: try to get there early. I had GA for 2 shows and never made it to the inner circle. That's probably my only regret.

I plan on lining up really early. I'm staying at a camp ground that is right across from the venue, about a 2 minute walk to the entrance of Magnetic Hill and another 20 minute walk to the actual stage. I won't drink too much Friday night so I can be up early and in shape to jump in line around 8am. For U2 AND Arcade Fire it will be so worth it.

Hey! I'll be at the concert in MOncton. Staying at a nearby campground. WOnder if there will be any surprises since its their last show on the tour?????? I'll be wearing my Coldplay tee :)

What campground? I'll be camping out at the "Concert Camping" place across from Magnetic Hill.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Hey! I'll be at the concert in MOncton. Staying at a nearby campground. WOnder if there will be any surprises since its their last show on the tour?????? I'll be wearing my Coldplay tee :)

Hope both you and Briggins have an amazing time at the final gig of the tour. Only seems like yesterday since they started it!

What campground? I'll be camping out at the "Concert Camping" place across from Magnetic Hill.

I think its about 6 km from the concert site. Gonna walk in. I'll know more details tomorrow...as you can tell I follow the party, I don't plan it :P

we are staying at Camper City. Lining up now is crazy. Gates don't open unitl 3 on Saturday! We aren't even headin' to Moncton until Friday. Gettin' stoked about the concert - curious to see if there are any surprises - being their last show.

Guest howyousawtheworld
They closed out the show in Pittsburg with Bad. If they do that I will be 104509809% satisfied.

What a brilliant choice for a closer. This one from the final Popmart gig sounded amazing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBLUNuGOzSI]‪U2 - "40" (from POPMart Johannesburg)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

^ I was going to say 40 for the closer before I listened to the video. It's the best closer in their catalogue in my opinion. Rumor has it that 40 was sound checked in Baltimore, and I don't think we've heard it yet on this tour. It closed out many nights on the vertigo tour, and it was fantastic. The crowd chanting is the best.

They closed out the show in Pittsburg with Bad. If they do that I will be 104509809% satisfied.

Actually they closed out with 40. I don't know if you guys saw this but on U2.com after the gig in St. Louis they posted this:The Ocean, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Another Time Another Place... what a set list the band opened with in St Louis. I stopped there and immediately called my dad who almost had a heart attack out of depression. I failed to read the next line: Actually, this was the one they opened with on another night in St Louis, thirty years ago when they first played here. He felt a lot better cuz we saw them in Philly and if we had missed those songs, we would of felt really cheated. Still disappointed we didn't get to see Out Of Control, Bad, or 40.

Hey what's you're favorite pre-War song? Mine is A Day Without Me

Guest howyousawtheworld
Actually they closed out with 40. I don't know if you guys saw this but on U2.com after the gig in St. Louis they posted this:The Ocean, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Another Time Another Place... what a set list the band opened with in St Louis. I stopped there and immediately called my dad who almost had a heart attack out of depression. I failed to read the next line: Actually, this was the one they opened with on another night in St Louis, thirty years ago when they first played here. He felt a lot better cuz we saw them in Philly and if we had missed those songs, we would of felt really cheated. Still disappointed we didn't get to see Out Of Control, Bad, or 40.

Hey what's you're favorite pre-War song? Mine is A Day Without Me

Favourite pre War song would probably be Tomorrow. An underrated song from an underrated album in my opinion. I love the Celtic feel the Uillean pipes add to the song. Actually it was their most Celtic feeling album which is why I love it.

October>>>Boy