✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

THat is awesome you're getting to see them in Philly!

I'm really tired of Coldplay fans saying they are better than U2. It's too early in Coldplay's career to make such brave statements.

One thing that has really impressed me is the way that they continually make old songs seem new each tour. Or the way they can bring back a song like Zooropa or Scarlet and fit it right into the 360 tour.

In fact I am mightily impressed that I saw them in September 2009 and then this past week on the same tour yet there were 8 different songs between the two shows and they were both different shows. Not just in terms of the songs, but also different video montages, different ways of playing the songs, different snippets thrown in.

I also love that they aren't just a greatest hits band, they are still playing a handful of songs from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Very impressive.

Coldplay couldn't even consider doing tours on the scale that U2 are doing right now. I don't see many bands being able to put on a tour like U2 has with the 360 tour and sell out STADIUMS every single show. It is quite amazing.

this :nod:

Even non U2 fans enjoy the show a lot! I invited my friend who only knew songs post ATYCLB era and she really liked the concert.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this :nod:

Even non U2 fans enjoy the show a lot! I invited my friend who only knew songs post ATYCLB era and she really liked the concert.

funny story, because I did the exact same.

my Dad for some reason didn't want to come (supposed to be a family event) - my mom goes, she LOVES U2, so i invite a friend who actually likes them, because for some reason i have no friends who like U2 :S weird i know, but he loved every second of the show.

The show in Philly was good last night. The only thing that was a disappointment was the set list. As a whole, it was good but practically the same as Baltimore. There were only 2 changes I recall: magnificent instead of the fly and hold me, thrill me instead of ultraviolet. Those are 2 trades I'd never make. Hold me, thrill me was actually the highlight of the show for me. I just wish it didn't bump ultraviolet, which has consistently been the best song of the tour for me. As a whole, it was a good night. I'm sad that it will probably be awhile before they tour again.

What an AMAZING show last night!! But as said, I'm sad they bumped "Ultraviolet". I've been hearing that's a highlight of the night... of course. :P

You can see all my videos at youtube.com/mrsmartin01. :nice:!

Here's some photos! Sorry they're so shitty.

DSCF2903-1.jpg?t=1310754368

Interpol, they put on a great show!!

DSCF2888.jpg?t=1310754424

DSCF2889.jpg?t=1310754475

U2!

DSCF2968.jpg?t=1310754514

DSCF2951.jpg?t=1310754551

DSCF2918.jpg?t=1310754585

DSCF2916.jpg?t=1310754608

DSCF2977.jpg?t=1310754719

DSCF2982.jpg?t=1310754737

DSCF2976.jpg?t=1310754761

I was not that far from you, though we already said that. But awesome photos. :)

Here's two video's I took of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking, and Stay (Faraway, So Close).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgg7j5znT9I&feature=player_embedded]‪U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MM48sA9raY&feature=player_embedded]‪U2 - Stay (Faraway, So Close)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Why does the opening band never have a stage presence????? Interpol came out in those really cool looking suits and then just stood there and ran through their songs and walked off. I don't know what Bono's rules about the ramps were but they could've at least moved around a little bit.

Guest howyousawtheworld

U2s intros are always immense. Zoo TV intro with the Television the drug of the nation intro/Beethoven was immense as was the Pop Muzik intro at Popmart. Incredible!

Why does the opening band never have a stage presence????? Interpol came out in those really cool looking suits and then just stood there and ran through their songs and walked off. I don't know what Bono's rules about the ramps were but they could've at least moved around a little bit.

It's not Bono's rules necessarily. It's more the role of opening bands. They are not there to use all of the main act's props and stage equipment. They are there to introduce their music to an audience that otherwise might not listen to them. I would consider it disrespectful if bands used the ramps, came around the outer ellipse, used the circle mic, etc. I thought Interpol were fine.

^ I understand your point. Being an opener is a tough gig, though. 99.9% of the audience is not there to see you. That's a hard thing to overcome, especially when you are a fairly sizable artist who has it's own fan base.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Am I the only one that's a huge fan of 1990's U2? Zoo TV is the greatest tour ever IMO. While I'm on that, I also think Pop and PopMart are hugely underrated.

No. You are definitely not the only fan of 90s U2! :D

And yeah - I think Pop and Popmart was underrated. Sure it wasn't perfect but Pop is something that I am so glad they tried out. I just wish they had more time to complete it. They should have had more confidence in their disco/dance songs. I absolutely love Mofo!

^ I understand your point. Being an opener is a tough gig, though. 99.9% of the audience is not there to see you. That's a hard thing to overcome, especially when you are a fairly sizable artist who has it's own fan base.

Funny you say that because I think I was sitting near the .01%. :P

This woman, was going NUTS, would not stop screaming her head off for 'em. And at one point, she actually said "I'M HERE FOR YOUUUU!!!" That made me chuckle. :D