✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When You Got Into Coldplay.

Jacob

This is gonna sound strange, but my introduction to Coldplay was through a college a capella group singing "Yellow" -- this was the MIT Logarhythms, who came to my school and performed. I hadn't ever heard the real version! lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My history with coldplay is huge:

I first heard about coldplay in mid-2000. I remember i bought a local newspaper and there was a note about a band called coldplay and two amazing songs called yellow and trouble. I asked my best friend if he knew coldplay and he told me to listen to yellow and trouble. When i got home, i downloaded trouble and to my surprise, i hated the song. then i gave coldplay a second chance and downloaded yellow. Then i thought: "Wow, that song is much better. But i still don't give a shit to coldplay!". some months after that, the same friend that told me about coldplay gave me a brand new mp3 cd. There i heard their new song: in my place. And thought "Now, this song is way better than the other 2. But i'm not sure if i want to buy their cd yet." Two days later i saw the in my place video and the music got stuck in my head. Then i began singing the song all the time and finally thought: "Damn, they good! Maybe i should hear their older songs." So, i gave trouble and yellow a third chance and fell in love with the songs. So, i finally listened to the whole parachutes cd and thought: "Boy, how could i dislike this band? They're fuc**** brilliant!". After listening to the parachutes album for a month I finally bought a rush of blood to the head and thought: "Oh God! They're the best band ever!". Today I am one hell of a fan and everyday i have to listen to coldplay! Woaah! Excuse me, gotta listen to a ladder to the sun now! :D

Well, on the day A Rush Of Blood... was released I hung around in a record store with 15 Euro too much in my pockets and the urgent feeling that I had to buy a record. I decided to buy the first CD I would look at and when I opened my eyes I stared at the Cover of A Rush Of Blood.

Took it, bought it, listened to it, got hooked after the first beats of Politik. Yay for coincidences :D

I became an instant Coldplay fan after hearing 'We Never Change' on the T.V. show La Femme Nikita. I don't if Yellow had been realeased yet, but I instantely fell in love. What's really funny is the part of tape of the episode that 'We Never Change' is on, is incrediable messed up from rewinding so much just to hear the song. :lol:

It was really cool b/c a couple of episodes after that they played Spies. By then I had bought Parachutes and got incredably excited to hear another song of theirs being played on the show.

Yy'ello all :)

I've been aware of coldplay for over 3 years now, back when they were a support band, but never saw them..have to admit at first hearing trouble and yellow and liking them I wasn't a real follower..until friends started raving about them that is..and as I heard more I liked more..only wished i'd done it sooner to have seen them live..I also bought Parachutes after AROBTTH 'cause I, cheapskate that I am got it 2nd hand ;) aaaanyways, I was hooked bigtime with the thumping piano of Politik and then finally got round to seeing them live on the 16th @ E.C. and now it's 'game set & match Martin' :) They really do have to be experienced in person...now I walk around going aaaaahahahahahyeeeaaah hhheeeaaaayaayaa tell me your own politiiiiiiiiaaaaiikk :P

the first time i heard coldplay was when i saw Yellow on much music. i saw this cute young guy with a super sweet voice and i was like, hell ya, this is what i need. i kept tellin my best friend about this new band, she thought the song was pretty good too, but she wasn't really into it much and didn't think chris was all that cute. it's so funny though, cuz i went and bought parachutes like a few days later and when i went on my summer vacation that year, she was house sitting my house, and she ended up "borrowing" *coughcoughstealing* the cd and burning it. which was kinda a sneaky and funny thing to do. but anyways, what am i sayin here? yeah, Yellow was the first song i heard and fell in love with from coldplay. same with my friend who now finds chris absolutley gorgeous and perfect.

The first time I saw/heard Coldplay was seeing their video for Yellow. I thought it was the sweetest song I have ever heard, and I feel in love with Chris (walking down the beach, ahh heaven) Then I ran and got Parachutes and listened to every song a million times over. And it went from there. Hehe. I just love them.

When I moved to London last year one of my new flatmates had the Parachutes album, thats where I first heard of CP. I quite enjoyed listening to it, so we went to see them @ Wembley. They sooo rocked the place, it's been brilliant! It wasn't to be my last CP concert. :D

I saw their Parachutes CD at Borders, it said "one of the best albums of the year" The song "Yellow" had just come out, but I hadnt heard it. I thought "hey, they're a british band" so I bought the album. I tend to do that a lot. I also discovered Badly Drawn Boy, Doves, South, and Elbow that way.