Lolly Pop

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

thanks a bunch, you an mcr fan?

i've only heard one of their songs - i think its called Helena so i don't know if im a fan i have to listen to more of their stuff....

i like the guys make up ;) kind of (pale skin, red make up etc) reminds me of the way Ville Valo of HIM looked when he did music clip for Join Me in Death-i've posted a pic

oh please post your final masterpiece :D

• 11 months later...

MTV Announce $2Bill Show With My Chemical Romance

MTV2 will present a special edition of its $2Bill Concert Series featuring My Chemical Romance. The concert will take place Wednesday, September 6th at The Trocadero Theatre in Philadelphia with doors opening at 7 PM. MTV2's $2Bill Concert with My Chemical Romance will premiere on MTV2 on Saturday, September 16th at 8:00pm ET/PT.

The $2 tickets for My Chemical Romance's MTV2 $2Bill concert goes on sale on Saturday, August 26th at 12pm at the Trocadero Theatre in Philadelphia, PA (1003 Arch St. Philadelphia, PA 19107), and Ticketmaster.com. Tickets must be purchased in cash (with the exception of Ticketmaster.com), with a four ticket maximum per purchaser, and the show is for all ages. There will also be a select number of tickets that will be given away by Y-100 Rock on XPN and WYSP-FreeFM in Philadelphia.

Rock quintet My Chemical Romance is comprised of singer Gerard Way, guitarist Ray Toro, bassist Mikey Way, guitarist Frank Iero, and drummer Bob Bryar. The band recently completed recording the highly-anticipated follow up to 2004’s platinum-selling Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, due for release on October 24th on Reprise Records. Capturing the right emotions and sounds was critical for My Chemical Romance this time around. "We want this to be the album that My Chemical Romance is remembered for," says Mikey Way. "We all have records that shaped our formative years. When you hear a song, it shoots you back to a moment in time. We want this album to do that for people."

Presenting a series of inexpensive concerts for music fans around the country, MTV2’s $2Bill has attracted a diverse mix of music acts and artists including Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz, the Beastie Boys, Radiohead, DMX, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Fat Joe, The Foo Fighters, The Roots, Musiq, Nas, The Vines, The Strokes, Secret Machines, Kanye West, System of a Down and most recently, Daddy Yankee.

To see highlights of all the performances from the MTV2 $2Bill Concert with My Chemical Romance, plus complete information on ticket sales, air dates and more, visit http://www.MTV2.com.

http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/archive.php?id=769

• 2 months later...

AOL Music LIVE Prepares Halloween Show with My Chemical Romance

2613my_chemical_romance.jpg

AOL Music LIVE will broadcast a special live concert on Halloween night by My Chemical Romance. The fan club show from the House of Blues in Los Angeles, sponsored by KROQ FM, will be broadcast exclusively, for free, on AOL Music LIVE beginning at 10:00pm PT. Fans will be able to watch the show live on AOL, and also will be able to see the concert on demand after the show ends. My Chemical Romance - singer Gerard Way, guitarists Ray Toro and Frank Iero, bassist Mikey Way and drummer Bob Bryar - are riding the success of their No. 1 single "Welcome to the Black Parade" and the critical acclaim for their new album, "The Black Parade." On Halloween, the group brings its unique concept album about the death of a character named 'The Patient' to the masses through the AOL Music LIVE performance.

Previous AOL Music LIVE events include the historic Live 8, as well as individual performances by some of the world's biggest stars including Kanye West, Green Day, Alicia Keys, Coldplay, Usher, Nelly, Avril Lavigne, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban, among others.

http://home.nestor.minsk.by/computers/news/2006/10/2613.html

• 2 weeks later...

'Black Parade' a calculated risk

On its previous two albums, My Chemical Romance's ambitions have outstripped their execution -- a good band striving for greatness by walking the line between bombast and grandeur.

That doesn't really change on The Black Parade (Warner Bros.), since My Chem's reach expands exponentially the more proficient its grasp gets. But, man, have they gotten better at taking risks.

The leadoff single, Welcome to the Black Parade, promises the world in just over five minutes -- a call-to-arms to become ``the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned,'' a demonstration of how punk-pop can be an effective venue for ideas beyond broken hearts, and the centerpiece of a concept album about death and dying. And, despite the odds, it delivers on every point.

What makes The Black Parade such a thrill is that it swings for the fences like that on every track. Sometimes they strike out -- on the crazy Mama, which features a cameo from Liza Minnelli. But most of the time they connect, in a variety of styles, no less.

Dead! bounces manically from Queen-like bluster to stylish punk-pop. Teenagers is a grandiose grind, built on testosterone and T. Rex-styled guitars. I Don't Love You opens like Coldplay's Yellow, before turning into an anthem like Green Day's Wake Me When September Ends. (Producer Rob Cavallo, who worked on Green Day's American Idiot, helps My Chemical Romance build a concept album that's just as good.)

The Black Parade is fearless and outrageous, yet melodic enough to hook even the most casual listener. It sets the bar incredibly high for any band looking to be the next leader of the punk-pop/emo scene.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/living/15918670.htm

My Chemical Romance album falls short on originality

It is certainly an oddity that a release like The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance can fly as low under the radar as it has.

After a breakthrough second release (Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge) and heavy airplay for The Black Parade's first single, "Welcome to the Black Parade," you would think that fans would be lined up around the corner waiting for this one. However, it seems the public can smell a rat.

Countless times throughout The Black Parade you find yourself thinking, "I've heard this somewhere before." But where? After some careful thought, the answer may shock you. Queen? Bon Jovi? Coldplay? Garth Brooks?

For the sake of fairness, things aren't as out of place as they seem. The punk-rock guitar is actually an upgrade, and, for the most part, Gerard Way's vocals are pretty solid.

Tracks like "This Is How I Disappear," "The Sharpest Lives" and "House of Wolves" are as good as anything the band has released so far -- crunching guitar, decent lyrics and a solid hard rock feel. "Sleep" pulls off the ballad concept fairly well without being too whiny. That's the good news.

Turning to a track like "Welcome to the Black Parade," the musical plagiarism is blatant. The extensive intro is almost intentionally reminiscent of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody." The middle of the track seems like everything is back to normal, but a stadium-ready chant and another ripped-off solo put me right back in the Murfmobile with Wayne and Garth head-banging and screaming "Mama mia, let me go!"

"Mama" has to be one of the more comical numbers on The Black Parade. The track is riddled with just a dash of Panic! at the Disco and Way fighting the urge to sing in an Italian accent. And amid all the carnival-like aura, My Chemical Romance manages to drop in a fairly chaotic breakdown.

But, just when things are about to head in the right direction, the comedy returns in the form of a brief Liza Minnelli cameo. That's not a joke; she really sings a few lines.

Then there's the unnecessary slow songs, a category the band just can't seem to conquer. "Cancer" features overly explained cancer metaphors (I know, very original) without any amount of meaningful depth. "I Don't Love" comes off as a half-hearted attempt at a love-gone-wrong ballad. "Disenchanted" explains itself perfectly with the chorus: "You're just a sad song with nothing to say." Hey, that's exactly what I was thinking! These tracks seem out of place not only with the album but with the band.

My personal favorite is "Teenagers." The track begins with electric guitar and country music chords and really doesn't detract from that path. The chorus is catchy, detailing how much teenagers frighten Way, which confused me considering the demographics of the band's punk-rock fan base. Between the country music twang and sing-along lyrics, I couldn't help but feel like I was listening to Garth Brooks' greatest hits.

Once you get past the annoyingly obvious rip-offs and the off-the-wall humor, The Black Parade has its moments. There are several tracks I highly recommend, and even the silly songs have their moments.

Surely there will be some who think that all of these intricacies are a brilliant addition to what was already a pretty quality act. To some degree, they may present some valid arguments. I just couldn't quite sell myself on the idea of My Chemical Romance incorporating trumpets and Liza Minnelli.

Give it a try: Find something about The Black Parade that grabs hold of you and treasure it. If you don't find anything, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Grade: C

http://www.baylor.edu/Lariat/news.php?action=story&story=42889