✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Do You Think Of Speed Of Sound?

kimberlina

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am glad other's have spotted the little bit of "running up that hill" in the melody :lol: when we were first learning to play it, the guitarist mentioned it and i couldn't get the frigging kate bush song out of my head :angry: but i can avoid it now and sing the rest of the chorus without going into running up that hill :lol:

For me it is dissapointing. Sounds like an extension of their last album and lacks creativity. I was expecting a step forward in the songwriting from the band, since they claimed that they were creating a whole new sound. But, instead seems like they put out Clocks Part. II.

I'm a new fan to Coldplay(as well as to coldplaying.com). I first got into Coldplay with A Rush of Blood To The Head.

I've been listening to "Speed of Sound" on and off since it was leaked on the net. I think it's one of the best songs that Coldplay has released and one of the best songs this year to come out.

The things that really stick out are the backing vocals, the piano breaks, and the pre-chorus("all that noise, all that sound...") which is out of this world. "Speed of Sound" is going to be the first single I actually BUY since a very long time ago.

I voted for "Its OK" but now that I hear more to it I wish I were voting for "Great- I'm Loving It!"

I'm a bit chagrined too :/

The funny part about the whole thing was that I had to listen to Talk first before I started appreciating how complex (yet still moving) the song is... That was a revelation :o

i only listened to the version on coldplayer i think a max of 3 times last week and i must say the next day it was thoroughly stuck in my head the whole day and it wasn't even after i had heard it, it happened a whole 12hrs later. i'm trying to not listen a whole lot to it cause with all the overplaying of in my place that happened last album i kinda came to dislike it or rather evertime i listen to the album now i skip over it, i dont want that to happen again with SoS.