✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Do You Think Of Speed Of Sound?

kimberlina

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay firstly, I like it, typical Coldplay I'll admit, but still fab nevertheless

And secondly, since this is the top SOS thread can we try to keep any SOS musings to this thread or the sticky one above, otherwise we're just going to drown in them. Thankies muchly :) :D

I don't really like equalizations and arrangments of the studio version. (electric organ on background is too much loud, damnit)

Btw, nice song, but absolutely not their best. (that's not a problem, Coldplay singles was always not my favorites.

I hear ya... :D Their singles tend to go stale after a while *sigh*

To be truthful, I was quite disappointed initially when I heard SOS the first time on the Coldplayer... Too much like Clocks & U2! And the song's so linear... & constructed. Too much hammering in the background too :(

But then I heard the bass line... Woah, what a rush! It must be the most lively CP bass line ever... Woohoo! Guy must have had such a great time (I wonder though what he gave up to be given such liberty? His soul perhaps :sneaky: ) Way to go Guy! And the first solo for Will... finally. :guitarist: :drummer:

Everyone seems to have improved... Except Chris Martin... Which is saying a lot :stunned:

It's great - in the sense that you get to compare how everyone else sounds better, whereas Chris is his same old familiar self. Maybe that's the purpose of this single - to show how much they've improved since the last time round? :)

SOS is brilliant and definitely not similar to Clocks! But to be honest I prefer the acoustic version of SOS (someone sang second voice at the chorus on the acoustic MTV version which sounded awesome) and I even prefer (the old) Talk... :embarrased:

Both songs are very 'smooth' on the ear, and Talk and SOS even sound somewhat alike (production-wise at least)...

The songs themselves are brilliant, dont get me wrong! I just hope the rest of the album has more unpredictable and rougher songs....

(said this at the coldplay forums too)

I'm truly disappointed. After a lot of listens to the live version and 24 hours with the studio leak...

Boring. Predictable. It does not grows on me a bit. Pretty average for Coldplay standard.

even plagiated the piano and chorus from 'Running Up That Hill' from Kate Bush.

IMHO quite worse than 'In My Place' and miles away from Parachutes.

This men has definitely lost it... :/

I'm sure is an ok single if all that matters are sales and charts.

The Best Song Ever" Cmon people.. now really.

yeah i have to agree with justine!

it isn't that great, im slightly disappointed

dont get me wrong, its growing on me, it just hasnt hit me as great on the first listen like other coldplay songs have.

but watch this space, we shall see.... :cool:

I'm truly disappointed. After a lot of listens to the live version and 24 hours with the studio leak...

Boring. Predictable. It does not grows on me a bit. Pretty average for Coldplay standard.

even plagiated the piano and chorus from 'Running Up That Hill' from Kate Bush.

IMHO quite worse than 'In My Place' and miles away from Parachutes.

This men has definitely lost it... :/

I'm sure is an ok single if all that matters are sales and charts.

I truly hope that's not the case :( Actually my main issue with the song (and the newer singles in general) is that they seem to have lost that heartfelt earnestness of their earlier music, a quality that IMHO is central to who and what Coldplay are (or at least what I like most about the band)... I would argue that this is their defining quality - that which makes them who they are - since Coldplay are more than capable of changing their musical style given the calibre the guys all round...

I really thought I would be listening to the new Coldplay single all the time when it first was leaked, but that has not been the case. I guess I actually was a bit disappointed. Although it's a beautiful song, there's something missing. Maybe it's just too "poppish"? It definately not my favorite Coldplay song, but I think the album will be great though, so I really don't understand why they chose Speed of Sound as their first single. Anyway, they probably have their reasons.