✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

look at all the numbers...

girlstar

It seems age difference is either a big issue to someone or not an issue at all. And when I say age difference I mean as in relationships.

So my question is; how much is too much?

I guess it depends on your age, because obviously it's more acceptable for a 24 year old to be dating a 29 year old, but what if it was say, a 16 year old dating a 21 year old? Would you think that was acceptable? I mean, afterall it would be the same age difference (5 years)

Where do you think the line should be drawn in age difference, especially with younger people?

Experts say that as long as they are at the same intellectual level, that is the most important factor in whether the relationship will succeed... However sometimes I wonder whether the difference between their life stages (e.g. high school student vs working) with their inherent issues might be too much to overcome?

im currently going out with someone who is 4 years older than me, but age has never really been an issue..well, only when he keeps talkin bout all the years i missed out on :rolleyes:

but seriously, we seem to be on the same level intellectually :)

im currently going out with someone who is 4 years older than me, but age has never really been an issue..well, only when he keeps talkin bout all the years i missed out on :rolleyes:

but seriously, we seem to be on the same level intellectually :)

Me too actually and age isn't an issue really (although I love winding him up about it "when I'm your age you'll be 28" Hehe) we're pretty much on the same level as Ellie said, the only weird thing is that some of his friends are married or engaged.

I'm just a single who is NOT lookin for someone :p

Serious, to all those younger then 18, get a job, go have fun with your friends, having a girl takes too much of your expensive time. And I can know it. :wink3:

for the rest, who cares, if you love each other.

My friend went out with a guy who was 23, when she was just 16. It lasted about 3 months before he moved on, and she's been a bit screwed up ever since.

Seriously, not to sound harsh but shes incredibly insecure, this was two years ago and she's only started eating decently like 4 or 5 months ago (She was far too skinny before this). She felt really used and truely wasnt prepared for such a relationship. I just got back together with my 23 year old girlfriend, but she acts like a 10 year old anyway haha.

Julia do you have some older guy lined up or something? :smug:

It seems age difference is either a big issue to someone or not an issue at all. And when I say age difference I mean as in relationships.

I guess it depends on your age, because obviously it's more acceptable for a 24 year old to be dating a 29 year old, but what if it was say, a 16 year old dating a 21 year old? Would you think that was acceptable? I mean, afterall it would be the same age difference (5 years)

Where do you think the line should be drawn in age difference, especially with younger people?

Its tricky that one... as the younger you are the age difference ie matuity makes a difference... recently a 19 year old worshiped the ground I walked on I tried to like her, I really did but the age difference ended up mattering to me..

I guess once your above say 21 it doesnt really matter as by that age you would have !!

However in saying that providing its legeal and you really love/like that person age just becomes a number in the end

I guess it depends on your age, because obviously it's more acceptable for a 24 year old to be dating a 29 year old, but what if it was say, a 16 year old dating a 21 year old ? Would you think that was acceptable? I mean, afterall it would be the same age difference (5 years)

i see no prob with that as long as they both know what they want out of the relationship

Julia do you have some older guy lined up or something?

Haha nah, not really. I'm 17 dating a 19 year old and I dont see a problem with it. I was just curious what everyone else thought of it, because for me I've always been attracted to older guys.

Aside from huge age differences like an 18 year old and a 42 year old (lol), I honestly dont see a problem with it. I think it has more to do with the mental age of both people, and you have to really be sure of what each person wants out of it.

16 21?? nop!!! nop and nop

Age shouldn't be an issue if both people are ok with it (unless it was a really huge difference!) Like I'm currently going out with a guy who is 5 years older than me and nobody sees it as a big deal :)