✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Death Cab For Cutie!

Majson

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought Transatlanticism a few years ago and didn't really care for it, even though I only listened to the first like 2-3 songs... haha. Anyway I listened to the album, I'll say for the first time (because it was the first time all the way through), and I love it! It's really great! I can now definitely see myself getting into them. What would be the next album you guys recommend me getting?

• 2 months later...

The concert was amazing! I got there early and was able to squeeze myself into the front, in the pit, and it was AWESOME.

Ra-Ra Riot as an opening act was fantastic, they were really crowd friendly and seemed happy to be there. Andrew Bird was also brilliant as an opener, and it was his birthday, so we all got to sing to him. Just before DCFC came on, it randomly started to rain, even though the sun was still out, which was so beautiful. Everyone turned around at one point and there was a huge and beautiful rainbow. :wacky: The rain stopped just as the lights on the stage turned on, and there were these strobe flashes and drumming noises, and everyone started to chant for Death Cab. They came on about 5 minutes after that, and went immediately into "Marching Bands of Manhattan". The rest of the concert was awesome, and Ben seemed like he was in a really good mood.

The best songs were probably "I'll Follow You Into The Dark" (to be expected, obviously, but it was really beautiful. Everyone got out their lighters and cell phones and sang along, even though about 95% of the crowd was too high to remember the lyrics). "Sound of Settling" was also awesome with everyone singing along to the "bam baaas".

The setlist:

1. Marching Bands of Manhattan

2. Your Heart is an Empty Room

3. The New Year

4. We Laugh Indoors

5. Crooked Teeth

6. No Sunlight

7. My Mirror Speaks

8. President of What?

9. Summer Skin

10. Grapevine Fires

11. I Will Possess Your Heart

12. I Will Follow You into the Dark

13. Little Bribes

14. Cath...

15. A Movie Script Ending

16. Soul Meets Body

17. What Sarah Said

18. Long Division

19. The Sound of Settling

20. Transatlanticism

I'll be posting pics and videos once they finish uploading! :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I'll take the bumping of this thread as an opportunity to post some videos from my concert last month... I wish it was July 11th again. :bigcry:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryp_qbaTmZo]YouTube - Death Cab For Cutie- I'll Follow You Into the Dark @ Berkeley Greek Theatre[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKo4vFvc0T4]YouTube - Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism @ Berkeley Greek Theatre[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsukb0NlpIY]YouTube - deathcab1 106[/ame]