✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FOX news guy slags off Chris Martin...

berrywoman

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I kinda like that this thread has flourished into a rather nice disussion n politics... :smug: and its hiding here undercover in the Coldplay section.. lol

:devil: :kiss:

Should we move it to another section. btw Berrychin If im start to become rude or disrespectful then tell me! i do that sometimes when i talk about this kind of stuff.

I think I kinda like that this thread has flourished into a rather nice disussion n politics... :smug: and its hiding here undercover in the Coldplay section.. lol

:devil: :kiss:

Should we move it to another section. btw Berrychin If im start to become rude or disrespectful then tell me! i do that sometimes when i talk about this kind of stuff.

which is why I think this is a good 'productive' discussion'. No one seriously offended anyone.. or been rude... its been a very well behaved discussion... if it should get out of hand... then I will take the appropiate actions... :cool:

who's next? anyone who threatens us' date=' and castro is not a threat to us. this day and age we cannot sit by and let our enemies get stronger, we cant be like we were before ww2. 3 yrs isnt long fora war, but the exit stratigy? we have one, train iraqi force's til they can take over and do the job, then we can start pulling out our troops. that is the exit stratigy.[/quote']

N Korea is a big threat to us' date=' china and half the world as is Iran, BUT there are many ways of solving this problem that would not have and didnt work in iraq. its very possible Nk will fall without war, the economy is very bad, so we have a chance to solve this problem with peace. [/quote']

Can I say something? From your posts (and also what Prez. Bush has publicly announced), America seems to feel like almost every other country is out to get her. These countries are "threats" & "enemies"...

Hey pal, have I got news for you. Most of the world do NOT want to make America their enemy. We value our lives and our peace too y'know... America being the superpower that it is, it makes far more sense to co-operate than to commit suicide by making her your enemy.

What "the rest of the world" cannot stand is how IMPERIALIST and SELFISH in attitude your country can be sometimes... Europe (and the Asian civilisations) mostly learned their lessons long ago, that's why they have stopped invading other countries/cultures or imposing their beliefs on others. US shares the world with other people and should realise that the world doesn't (and shouldn't) revolve around them. Other people (with feelings) exist too, and they get angry when they get trampled on too much as Windmann2 has said.

Of course each country has its own interests, but if you're civilised, you shouldn't threaten & force other people to follow yours all the time (as US seems to be doing lately). Since it cannot be that one side is always right, there should be COMMUNICATION and COMPROMISE, even though it is long-drawn and takes much more effort than WAR and THREATS (e.g. economic sanctions). Of course, you would also have to accept that you cannot always have it your way.

At heart, I can say that most countries do not want to be the US's enemy/threat. But we are angry at the hypocrisy and lack of basic respect shown by your country, on the one hand wanting to take a major leadership role in the world (as it rightly should given its power), but on the other shunning the responsibility that comes with it (e.g. helping save more lives by paying its UN dues)... Doesn't that make America sound juvenile? :P

And FYI mrcool, I think the rest of the world was a lot less angry with America when Clinton was in office (not that I'm saying he's perfect or there weren't any issues when he was Prez) than it is now. And also, IMHO it is not a coincidence that 9/11 happened when Bush was in office... I'm not exactly saying that it could have been prevented but you should wonder why it happened when it did and not at any other time in history (e.g. lets say when Clinton was Prez). And lastly, I read a statistic somewhere that a lot more resources are put into research in your country when it's not at war and also that a record amount of money was spent on research when Clinton was in office (even more than now). That (research to improve the world we live in) I think should be the way forward for the world rather than squabbling and going to war over ideological and selfish purposes of individual nations.

Like i said no matter what country you are, the country on top will always be hated for being on top. like people envy or hate the rich(not all but many do) and many kids in school that despise and envy and hate the popular. the superpowers will be hated by many.

becuase clinton in office did what the rest of the world wanted, we were attacked by terrorist many times, he didnt do hardly anything. plus alot of the world leans towards liberalism, specialy in europe, so they had similiar beliefs with clinton on many issues. but even under clinton we were still hated by many. its just when we have a conservative in office the world of liberals dont like it.

Nice article Khnaus3...not. I love how people like you rationalize all of the lies and betrayals dealing with the war by digging up some article on how a street is safer now. tell that to the hundreds of iraqi's families who are dying every day in a needless and criminal war. Yes saddam was a piece of human excrement but there were not daily bombings and deaths as has been commonplace since america stuck her nose where it didn't belong. And mr.cool do not say that I have fallen for moore's tactics. I never ONCE supported this war, and had forseen a quagmire well before moore opended his mouth. And mr.cool, you do realize that when liberals are in office you republicans whine and whine and whine too, so please save me from choking on your hypocrisy.

Nice article Khnaus3...not. I love how people like you rationalize all of the lies and betrayals dealing with the war by digging up some article on how a street is safer now. tell that to the hundreds of iraqi's families who are dying every day in a needless and criminal war. Yes saddam was a piece of human excrement but there were not daily bombings and deaths as has been commonplace since america stuck her nose where it didn't belong. And mr.cool do not say that I have fallen for moore's tactics. I never ONCE supported this war' date=' and had forseen a quagmire well before moore opended his mouth. And mr.cool, you do realize that when liberals are in office you republicans whine and whine and whine too, so please save me from choking on your hypocrisy.[/quote']

try? not try succeed. there werent lies, just misinformation during the war, the truth is iraq is free and is getting better year by year. and all in all saddam would have killed far more people if left in power.

I realize that yes, but how does that make my a hypocrit? please explain.

mr.cool. You give liberals slack for bashing bush and complaining about him yet when clinton was in office all the republicans did was complain. "Oh my god, clinton got his dick sucked and lied about it, let's impeach him." Remember that mr.cool. Republicans hated clinton and hung him out to dry but when liberals do the same thing to bush, republicans get all up in arms and say we are being unamerican.

And by the way. YES BUSH LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ABOUT REASONS TO GO TO WAR. HE IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF AND THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM. Don't make up some excuse that he was some innocent man who was fed false information. Bush wanted to got to war with iraq a long time ago. He lied mr.cool, there is NO OTHER WAY TO READ THIS. He routinely told the american people lies in order to go to war. It is just sad that you cannot see through the corruption and fall for their propaganda that they feed you. This war WAS NOT JUST and history will see it as that. bush's approval ratings continue to plummet. And more and more people do not see the war as a success. You my friend are solidly in the minority on this issue.. NOBODY DIED WHEN CLINTON LIED!!!!

so? me complaining about liberals bashing bush and republicans doing the same thing make me a hipocrit? I fail to see how.

bush did NOT lie, he was misinformed, ive been told something before and told other people only to find out it was false information, that didnt mean i lied about it, it meant i was misinformed. you see bush doesnt go and get the intelligence on his own he has to rely on the u.s. intelligence agencies and our allies, when MANY of them are wrong, its not his fault.

people blame bush for the cia, nsa and countless other intelligence agencies screwing up, but its only natural for the leader to get blamed for this employers mistakes. When clinton lied no one did die, but when he burried his head in the sand terrorist thrived and became stronger, which is far worse.

Im sorry but you cannot blame the president for the mistakes of the cia, nsa mi6 and other intelligence agencies, no matter how much you hate him and want to the blame lies on those who gave the false info not those who recieved it.

For him to have lied he would have had to know it was false info, but like most of the country and MANY intelligence agencies he was tricked by false reports and very bad intel, he has a duty to our country to protect it, he has to rely on the info he gets to do so, he cannot be held responsible when the info is wrong because of stupidity on the intteligence's community side.

im pretty sure most polls show half the country still supports the war and thinks its going ok, but dont quote me on that part.

ok that may have not made sense, but ill try to put it how i see it. ok?

If i was president and the head of the cia called told me for a fact their was a nuke in NY so i would evacuate the city right? adn try to find it and stop it, And id make a public statement saying their is a nuke in NY, BUT, aftewards we find out their was no nuke. i wouldnt consider me telling NY that their was a bomb a lie.

Mr.cool, again you are wrong. I CAN BLAME THE PRESIDENT FOR THE MISTAKES OF THE CIA etc.. because he IS the president. You fail to see that he is in charge. If shit goes wrong it is and should be him who takes the blame, END OF STORY. bush and cheney and rumsfeld knew that they would not have a hard time selling a war against saddam becasue most people in this country hated him anyways. So all they needed was smoking gun. "How about we say that saddam is plannng to use wmd right here on american shores and then keep tying 9/11 to iraq and saddam even though most of the hijackers were saudis." Yes mr.cool, fear tactics do work especially when a great deal of the population here is so hopelessly naive. Now history has shown bush, or atleast, his administration has lied about the rationale for war and all the republicans can keep doing is say "hey, fuck the wmd's, it was all about spreading freedom." That is the biggest, stinking load of bullshit I have ever heard. It is so convenient for you to say that he didn't know the information was false, that way you can't hold bush accountable for anything. That is what is really getting to me is that no matter how badly bush fucks up, there are always apologists, such as yourself, that justify every misdeed he has done. I'm sorry to get so heated mr.cool, but I cannpt stand the president and find it hard to believe that people think he is a kind, gentle, generous man that would never lie or harm anybody.

ya you CAN, but its stupid. i can blame him for my friend hating me doesnt make it right. But lie is not true,

v. lied, ly·ing, (lng) lies

v. intr.

1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.

2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.

he wasnt purposly telling something that is false, he was saying something he and many beleived to be facts.

Mr.cool, bush did "convey a false image" about iraq, or atleast cheney did. Remember in fall '02 when cheny said that the day could come when mushroom clouds appear on our shores becasue of saddam. i knew he was lying then when he said it. There was a great article in rolling stone back in the fall of last year that traced the roots of cheney and rumsfeld and bush. TRUST ME ON THIS. THEY LIED!!

Of course I have mr.cool. However, it has been found that bush dropped the ball on iraq and still you think he's the best thing since sliced bread. If I'm wrong I would say so. Nobody in your camp ever admits wrong, on any issue. And really this is pointless becasue you're not going to change my mind nor am I going to change yours. We'll have to agree to disagree :)

No, it was a mistake. but I am not the president. They must be held to higher standards and they still have yet to admit wrong.

Mr.cool, think about the gravity of what bush was misinformed about here. It wan't about something small or insigninfcant. He made a momentous decision to use faulty evidence to send troops to war. Now 1700 u.s. troop deaths and hundreds of thousands of iraqi deaths later, bush must be held accountable. I truly believe that he knew that the evidence was shotty at best becasue they were really searching hard for any reason to go to war and any hint of nuclear weapons got the war mongerers ready to go. This war has been an unmitigated disaster. Our generation's vietnam. The writing's on the wall