✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FOX news guy slags off Chris Martin...

berrywoman

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, considering you made the statement, the burden of proof is on you.

I see you've revised your hyperbole from hundreds of thousands to 25,000. Also, notice how that site counts civilian deaths due to the insurgency as well. Not just the U.S. military. And right now the insurgency is killing hundreds of Iraqis every month. So who is to blame?

Who is to blame for the insurgency? imagine if you will if a country invaded us. I know damn well that I would be out in the streets fighting to the death to protect my country. We invaded iraq, she did not attack us first or anything of the like. the insurgency is so strong over there becasue we busted in and turned everyting upside down. It's really a catch 22. If we didn't invade saddam would continue his evil ways. Or we could invade and put a huge burden on ourselves and create pandimonium all over the country leading to thousands of innocent deaths.

But to protect America, would you kill fellow Americans? That is what these so -called resistance fighters are doing. Looks more like mindless murder to me.

I would think you would focus your energy on killing as much of the occupying force as possible, not the people you want to "protect".

My view on what is currently happening in Iraq; these people want to create as much instability as possible. They are willing to kill anyone who is complicit with the U.S. especially newly trained security forces. Their goal is to stop the spread of freedom in Iraq, because their radical Islamic faith does not fit in well with democracy. They'd much rather have a stringent dictatorship with them leading it. So they're willing to kill even fellow Iraqis to stop the U.S.

I agree with you here pepper. I would kill the invaders not my countrymen. The insurgency is strong though becasue we disposed of the power in iraq and now all the pieces are being fought over by different factions. the killing of civilians in iraq by the insurgents is murder, plain and simple. However we were the catayst to this situation

thats a good thing, destroying life is wrong.

:lol: :lol: thats hilarious

tell that to mr blair, mr bush, and his administration when they're done bombing innocent people

i suppose in the case of iraq, you'd argue that the end justify the means. i've yet to be convinced of that one.....

Most the people bombed in the war were not innocent, far more of the people we bombed were military people or terrorist. in iraq were going ot end up saving more life, unless the war drags on for too long, but if it ends in the next few years all in all lives will be saved. saddam starved 60,000 and killed tens of thousands more, if he was in power for the 3-4 yrs he would have killed more iraqi's himself. but not only that our president has the right and the duty to do what he must to keep our country safe, if that means taking out dictators who have killed close to a million people and kill tens of thousands more a year and how supports terrorism so be it. When he went to war he had alot of reason too, most of it turned out to be false, teh wmd's was a big mistake but none the less he did what a good president woudl have. not to mention saddam was planning to restart his wmd program after the sanction that would have ended in a few years, so instead of taking him out while he was making wmd's, we took him out before he did. So we would have had to go in in the future and stop his wmd making, sooner or later this war had to happen, Bush sr didnt finish the gulf war and messed up.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. how DARE you say that most people who died in the war were terrorrists what gives you that right? think of the thousands of people who died, simple because they lived in the wrong place at the wrong time, and basically just got in the way of the bombs. think of all the people who were shot because they were scared to death of american soldiers, and wouldn't comply with what they asked them to do because of this. think of all the people who were locked up because they were suspicious, but had done nothing. and the way some american and british soldiers behaved was disgusting, and wrong. i have seen farenheight 9/11, i watch politics programs, and i know that when the war was first declare, the evil that saddam hussein had committed was not the main issue. the issue was oil. the issue also was that we attacked them ILLEGELLY. and only if the worst comes to worst do you counter evil with evil. you explore every possible option first, or at least that is how things should be done. amnesty international are a great example.

No, it was a mistake. but I am not the president. They must be held to higher standards and they still have yet to admit wrong.

Mr.cool, think about the gravity of what bush was misinformed about here. It wan't about something small or insigninfcant. He made a momentous decision to use faulty evidence to send troops to war. Now 1700 u.s. troop deaths and hundreds of thousands of iraqi deaths later, bush must be held accountable. I truly believe that he knew that the evidence was shotty at best becasue they were really searching hard for any reason to go to war and any hint of nuclear weapons got the war mongerers ready to go. This war has been an unmitigated disaster. Our generation's vietnam. The writing's on the wall

It would hurt america more for the president to admit wrong. even with the misinformation i still support the war for the other reasons, they were just as good reasons as wmd's.

this war is nothing like nam, it will only become nam if the left makes it that. I truly believe bush was misinformed and it was not his fault but the fault of many of the worlds top intelligence agencies and they must be held responsible for the bad info.

Who is to blame for the insurgency? imagine if you will if a country invaded us. I know damn well that I would be out in the streets fighting to the death to protect my country. We invaded iraq' date=' she did not attack us first or anything of the like. the insurgency is so strong over there becasue we busted in and turned everyting upside down. It's really a catch 22. If we didn't invade saddam would continue his evil ways. Or we could invade and put a huge burden on ourselves and create pandimonium all over the country leading to thousands of innocent deaths.[/quote']

But our country is a very different situation, we dont have a repressive goverment who has killed over a million of us, and who kills tens of thousand a year, we have freedom and our people would be fighting to keep it. the insurgents are a mixed group of evil people who want to just kill american, and many want extreme islamic goverment. they wouldnt be fighting for freedom like us, they are doing the fighting mostly to hurt the u.s.

and as it stands now saddam would have killed far more iraqi's then we didl.

try? not try succeed. there werent lies, just misinformation during the war

:lol: :lol: this is hilarious!! This is the biggest lie of them all!! hahaha 'misinformed'!!! *slaps knee*

hey, the cia, nsa mi6, israeli, russian, jordanian and i beleive german intelligence agencies all gave bush alot of evidence that showed that saddam had wmd's. as president he believed those MANY agencies, as he should. he has to rely on them to give him intel, its not like he sat in the office and just made this up knowing it was wrong. these "lies" came from america's and many other intelligence agencies. who should be blamed the one tricked or the trickers? he was given false info and acted on it as any president would do. ITS sad people call a lie, when he was given false info.

laugh4.gif laugh4.gif thats hilarious

tell that to mr blair, mr bush, and his administration when they're done bombing innocent people

i suppose in the case of iraq, you'd argue that the end justify the means. i've yet to be convinced of that one.....

umm when saddam would have killed far more iraqi's then we did it justifies it. saddam killing more iraqi's would have been far worse then america killing a few compared to what hewould have. so if all in all less died then would have under saddam.

try? not try succeed. there werent lies, just misinformation during the war

:lol: :lol: this is hilarious!! This is the biggest lie of them all!! hahaha 'misinformed'!!! *slaps knee*

hey, the cia, nsa mi6, israeli, russian, jordanian and i beleive german intelligence agencies all gave bush alot of evidence that showed that saddam had wmd's. as president he believed those MANY agencies, as he should. he has to rely on them to give him intel, its not like he sat in the office and just made this up knowing it was wrong. these "lies" came from america's and many other intelligence agencies. who should be blamed the one tricked or the trickers? he was given false info and acted on it as any president would do. ITS sad people call a lie, when he was given false info.

whats even sadder is that you actually believe that to be true... *shakes head* :confused:

i have seen farenheight 9/11

want a medal?

i watch politics programs, and i know that when the war was first declare, the evil that saddam hussein had committed was not the main issue. the issue was oil.

Really? Or maybe that's just what Michael Moore has told you. The truth is that our dependency on mideast oil is large, but not as critical as Michael Moore would tell you, surely not enough to go to war over. In fact, we only import around half of the oil we use in the U.S. Furthermore, of the oil we import, most of it doesn't even come from the mideast, it comes from South America! The Iraq War was not about oil!

the issue also was that we attacked them ILLEGELLY.

Illegal where? Who's jurisdiction are we in? If the U.N. is unwilling to enforce its own resolutions, I'm happy that Mr. Bush and Mr. Blair are.

and only if the worst comes to worst do you counter evil with evil. you explore every possible option first, or at least that is how things should be done.

I agree with you, and in my opinion, all other options were exhausted. Saddam would not give U.N. weapons inspectors full cooperation. For a period of time he even expelled them completely. This is not a game, you cannot appease dictators. That's how we ended up with Hitler commanding the Third Reich. So tell me, meena, what would YOU have done when Saddam wouldn't let weapons inspectors in?

By the way, I can respect just about anyone's opinion. But it doesn't help your case when you list your first credential as, " i have seen farenheight 9/11." That doesn't impress me! :P

P.S. - "Bush lied!" "No he didn't!" .....That argument isn't really ever going to stop, as neither side can, at the moment, prove anything.

bs? what was made up? usually you dont make stuff up in documentaries.

ill admit he skewed the facts (not mentioning britain or spain as members of the coalition), but you're saying the facts were made up?