✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FOX news guy slags off Chris Martin...

berrywoman

"kid you is straight up trippin..."

Not Kid

"ok ok since bush seems to know best about all things pertaining to the world and the persons within it and you being such a staunch supporter of his you must now agree for yourself and your future family members to never use or have applied to your persons any medical procedures or techniques that are discoverd through Stem Cell research such as cures for cancer, diabetes, Parkinsons, MS, etc. etc."

I would never, NEVER take any meds that came from stem cells, il be on my death bed and if it was the only cure i'd refuse it, taking one life to save another is well wrong. If my son was dying and the only cure was from stem cell well then he'd die. i mean what if we find out newborn babies make chemicals that can cure cancer, kill millions of newborns to save cancer victims?

" Why you ask, because your man Mr. Bush and the religioius right are against Stem Cell research in all it's forms and as of today Dubya would veto (not allow) any bill that would allow for the larger expansion of Stem Cell research in general"

thats a good thing, destroying life is wrong.

"...Of course Nancy Reagan is very much for Stem Cell research as is Bill Frist the Senate Republican Majority leader (a doctor) both Republicans but hey Dubya knows everyting right he's a good man,"

Indeed he is, for not supporting the killing of life.

"while a stupid ill informed one... a guy who can't even speak an entire sentence in his too few press conferences without tripping over his own tongue...mr. cool your man is a poser with no substance, nothing more...get a clue"

Stupid? now your just saying what the liberals, hes a very smart man. and very smart when it comes to politics, btw i have speach problems, i have a hard time speaking the english language but that doesnt make me stupid at all. specialy when im in front of people i have a very hard time. speaking problems do NOT mean your dumb. ive know very smart people that have a hard time speaking.

my "man" is a man who stands up for what he believes, and is a strong leaders who is helping with taxes, he's helped my family, helping stop the killing of young life.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Coldplay as much as everyone else who comes to this board, but that doesn't mean that I agree with everything that Chris says.

And in this case, I think that Chris is dead wrong.

Shareholders are of unimaginable importance to the world economy, and to capitalism (which is NOT evil). Much of what we all have today, in fact, the very computers that you all read this with, all are here right now because some shareholders in the past were willing to take a risk and make an investment. Without shareholders, progress would be extremely slow.

I admire Chris for having such strong beliefs, but I would love to see what he would think if he didn't have a multi-million dollar bank account. It's easy to be so idealistic when you are that wealthy.

By the way, I almost never post here, but MrCool, I agree with most of what you have been saying.

To everyone else: Just because we enjoy someone's music doesn't mean we should follow them blindly and always defend them.

no no no ... the gov't that controls the American media sucks.... so much for feedom of the press and freedom of speech!!! :lol:

What happened to freedom of speech? The last time I checked, it was still there! And I don't see anything in this story that would make me think otherwise.

(psst everyone gets their news from one source.... the Associated Press)

Reuters?

...and if you think FN didn't have an affect on the 2004 presideantal election you're kidding yourself...

Do you really believe that Bush won the election because of Fox News? Please, tell me how, I am willing to listen.

Ithis the worst presidental administration in the history of the US has done...

HA!

Coolidge? Harding? Taft? Carter?

In fact' date=' NBC, CNN and CBS are RIGHT WING in all honesty. There's little questioning of Bush's actions, and their inability to demonstrate the real human tragedy of the Iraq war just speaks volumes about how they cover up the dirty shit that Bush does. Thousands of civilians dead? Hundreds of soldiers dead? Whatever, we'll just show the blown up truck instead, we don't want to sensationalise war!!! :rolleyes:[/quote']

NBC, CBS, and CNN are not right wing. You don't think that they are showing the real human tragedy of the war? I do! In fact, that is all that they are showing. When is the last time you saw a report about a school being built in Iraq? About water and electricity running? I'm not saying that the everything over there is great, because it's not, but there are good things happening, and they are rarely reported.

the president of the United States cares only about himself and how much money his daddy makes with oil deals he makes from the Saudis.. but anyhoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you've seen one too many Michael Moore documentaries.

the president of the United States cares only about himself and how much money his daddy makes with oil deals he makes from the Saudis.. but anyhoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is about this idiot guy slagging off Chris and OUR generation!!!! This infuriates me, where does he get off talking like this...

I'm part of "OUR generation" as well, but I don't think that "this idiot guy" is "slagging off" any of us. In fact, he's just giving his opinion, which happened to be about Chris Martin. Not about you, or me, or any of us!

A lot of people here are reading into this story way too much. All that happened here was that Chris made some comments about the world economics and politics, and a commentator called him on it. In my opinion, the Fox News guy was actually right, but that is only my opinion.

Either way, this is not an attack on "our generation" at all, I really have no idea where that came from. But if anyone wants to continue talking politics however, I'd be all for it.

-Andrew

wow.. one post and you think you have all the answers..

apparently you didnt read the 'other' article. in which it clearly states he was using a bit of humor in his comment. He said they were evil because they didnt care if his album was compromised artistically! They (shareholders) care about when deadlines are met.. how much capital they'll gain, how much money they are spending in the studio.. as an artist.. they (Coldplay) didnt care about deadlines, didnt think about 'making the 3rd qtr. sales', all they wanted to do was produce an ace album without having to compromise anything they truly believe in. Which in my opinion is why he says they are evil. :rolleyes:

as for the Associated Press/Reuters.. dig deeper, they are probably owned by the same fellow..

and as for the 'our generation' bit... this guy made a general statement about 'young america'... go back and read... :P Republican... *pfft* :rolleyes:

To everyone else: Just because we enjoy someone's music doesn't mean we should follow them blindly and always defend them.

this isnt why I agree with Chris Martin.. you dont know me, so dont assume... I happen to be a person who thinks for myself. thank you berry much.. :smug:

I could give a shit what Chris said about shareholders. He has every right to voive his opinion towards a mostly sleazy machine. Capitalism is a must though to keep globalization in motion. Things will never change.

In regards to Khanus 3- Yes Bush is one of the WORST in modern memory.

Here's a small list of his dubious achivements.

Lying about WMD to invade Iraq.

Misallocation of resources for the war on terror, while our real enemy(bin ladin) is still at large.

Taking a 500 biliion dollar surplus and turning it around to a 500 biliion defecit in a year.

Rolling back environmental regulations and protections for our forests and air.

Creating an environment in which the american people were made to feel uncomfortable and as though they were "traitors" for speaking out about the government.

Attempted to mold the constitution in line with his personal beliefs.

Hiring reporters to man the white house press corps.

Having his staff hire journalists to write pro-administration stories.

Big Brother Anyone??

I actually did read the other article, several times now, and I guess I am still missing the part that says Chris is trying to be funny. The way I read it, he is completely serious. Please show me where it says he is just kidding.

as for the Associated Press/Reuters.. dig deeper, they are probably owned by the same fellow..

I'm really not sure if you are being sarcastic or not....but just in case you are serious......they are definitely not owned by the same fellow. AP is cooperative owned by over 1000 contributing newspapers, and Reuters is a public company listed on NASDAQ....which means that it is owned by evil shareholders! :) [/code]

I actually did read the other article, several times now, and I guess I am still missing the part that says Chris is trying to be funny. The way I read it, he is completely serious. Please show me where it says he is just kidding.

I'm really not sure if you are being sarcastic or not....but just in case you are serious......they are definitely not owned by the same fellow. AP is cooperative owned by over 1000 contributing newspapers, and Reuters is a public company listed on NASDAQ....which means that it is owned by evil shareholders! :) [/code]

Chris told me so, when I saw him in NY last week.. there, now I have bragged long enough.. :laugh3:

I guess I was on the button with the Republican call... :P

"Creating an environment in which the american people were made to feel uncomfortable and as though they were "traitors" for speaking out about the government. "

lol thats so untrue. Most the country is sick of the left bashing its own country and doing alot of damage to it, bush didnt create it the left did.

"Having his staff hire journalists to write pro-administration stories."

Really? With todays media i'd like to see one.

^ thats the exact type of propaganda the right wants to publicise.. lol its laughable.....

face it... we're suppose to be a country united.. instead we're a nation divided and its no one's fault..... we just are.

Its bob dylans fault, jeeze.

anywho im not a propagandist(sp?) just telling it how i see it.

mrcool, then what do you call those on the right that talked about those that chose to protest the war as "unamerican" and a "traitor"? I know what I experienced including friends of mine being spit on by people as we protested the war. Also, please stop referring to those on the left as though they are bashing america. In fact it is quite the opposite. We care about the country and don't want to see it go down the tubes because of a wreckless administration that quells dissent at any cost. Dissent is what makes this and every other democratic country great. The little guy always must have a place and a voice. Do you really see nothing wrong with this administration, is it really above reproach? Surely you must see some itty bitty problem with W and the way he rules.

"OK since bush seems to know best about all things pertaining to the world and the persons within it and you being such a staunch supporter of his you must now agree for yourself and your future family members to never use or have applied to your persons any medical procedures or techniques that are discoverd through Stem Cell research such as cures for cancer, diabetes, Parkinsons, MS, etc. etc."

I would never, NEVER take any meds that came from stem cells, il be on my death bed and if it was the only cure i'd refuse it, taking one life to save another is well wrong. If my son was dying and the only cure was from stem cell well then he'd die. i mean what if we find out newborn babies make chemicals that can cure cancer, kill millions of newborns to save cancer victims?

" Why you ask, because your man Mr. Bush and the religioius right are against Stem Cell research in all it's forms and as of today Dubya would veto (not allow) any bill that would allow for the larger expansion of Stem Cell research in general"

"...Of course Nancy Reagan is very much for Stem Cell research as is Bill Frist the Senate Republican Majority leader (a doctor) both Republicans but hey Dubya knows everyting right he's a good man,"

Not all forms of stem cell research involve embryos or killing life. What about research that uses stem cells obtained from cloning, where the nucleus of a cell (lets say skin) is inserted into an egg cell (ovum)? Surely you wouldn't call that killing of life? I mean no life is created nor harmed in the process... The skin cell, egg cell and resulting cloned stem cell are all just that - CELLS, the same way any other cell in your body are. They are not some living thing that was created/destroyed through the cloning process. I mean you can't take any of the cells and leave them out in the open and expect them to survive like bacteria, nor can the cloned stem cells develop into a full blown human. Mr Bush wants to ban even this kind of stem cell research.

I would never support the killing of life, but you need to know what it is you are supporting... Banning ALL forms of stem cell research would prevent even research that does not destroy life in any way from being carried out (unless you call killing of cells/tissues destroying life --> then you wouldn't go for surgery either coz that would involve killing your own cells), and you would be preventing a lot of lives from being saved or the lives of people who need this research from being improved.

"while a stupid ill informed one... a guy who can't even speak an entire sentence in his too few press conferences without tripping over his own tongue...mr. cool your man is a poser with no substance, nothing more...get a clue"

Stupid? now your just saying what the liberals, hes a very smart man. and very smart when it comes to politics, btw i have speach problems, i have a hard time speaking the english language but that doesnt make me stupid at all. specialy when im in front of people i have a very hard time. speaking problems do NOT mean your dumb. ive know very smart people that have a hard time speaking.

Sorry for not liking (or even opposing) your president, I can't help it after all he's done. And it IS my business coz his actions and decisions do affect my life half way across the world... He (and his administration) has been so anti-democratic, anti-progress and anti-anything that will make the world a better place that I can more or less predict what he will do based on whether it's for the betterment/detriment to the world. Examples are the millions suffering in Iraq because of social upheaval due to his war on non-existent WMD; the rising oil prices due to his war mongering, which as everyone knows is just about the most direct way to cause all round inflation WORLDWIDE; refusing to ratify the Kyoto Protocol to reduce CO2 emissions (it may not solve the problem but at least it's still something); and his unwillingness to engage the world apart from gun-toting and making everybody (US citizen or not) miserable.

Sure he's not stupid, like you said he's a very smart political animal. But what does that make him? A deceiving man for trying to appear dumb when it comes to making policies when he's really not? Or if he really is stupid like a lot of us suspect, then the world (since US is undeniably a world leader) is being led by an idiot.

About his speech problems, a lot of people have problems talking in public too. Granted it is not criminal nor is it even a must-have quality in a leader to be a great public speaker, I would want the leader of my country to at least be able to say something intelligently & intelligibly when asked for opinions or speaking in public... Bush is after all the president of the USA (I'm sure u guys have lots of able people out there) and gets quoted in local news around the world. Or if he doesn't talk well, then presumably he would have some other qualities to compensate for it, which doesn't seem to be the case either.

Whatever it is, I'm sick of Bush-bashing. :rolleyes: Coz no matter what the rest of the world say or do, he's still here... and we've still got 3? years of his leadership to go. Chris Martin bashing bush? He's not the only one. At least half the world share the same sentiments and totally detest him.

"OK since bush seems to know best about all things pertaining to the world and the persons within it and you being such a staunch supporter of his you must now agree for yourself and your future family members to never use or have applied to your persons any medical procedures or techniques that are discoverd through Stem Cell research such as cures for cancer, diabetes, Parkinsons, MS, etc. etc."

Not all forms of stem cell research involve embryos or killing life. What about research that uses stem cells obtained from cloning, where the nucleus of a cell (lets say skin) is inserted into an egg cell (ovum)? Surely you wouldn't call that killing of life? I mean no life is created nor harmed in the process... The skin cell, egg cell and resulting cloned stem cell are all just that - CELLS, the same way any other cell in your body are. They are not some living thing that was created/destroyed through the cloning process. I mean you can't take any of the cells and leave them out in the open and expect them to survive like bacteria, nor can the cloned stem cells develop into a full blown human. Mr Bush wants to ban even this kind of stem cell research.

I would never support the killing of life, but you need to know what it is you are supporting... Banning ALL forms of stem cell research would prevent even research that does not destroy life in any way from being carried out (unless you call killing of cells/tissues destroying life --> then you wouldn't go for surgery either coz that would involve killing your own cells), and you would be preventing a lot of lives from being saved or the lives of people who need this research from being improved.

Sorry for not liking (or even opposing) your president, I can't help it after all he's done. And it IS my business coz his actions and decisions do affect my life half way across the world... He (and his administration) has been so anti-democratic, anti-progress and anti-anything that will make the world a better place that I can more or less predict what he will do based on whether it's for the betterment/detriment to the world. Examples are the millions suffering in Iraq because of social upheaval due to his war on non-existent WMD; the rising oil prices due to his war mongering, which as everyone knows is just about the most direct way to cause all round inflation WORLDWIDE; refusing to ratify the Kyoto Protocol to reduce CO2 emissions (it may not solve the problem but at least it's still something); and his unwillingness to engage the world apart from gun-toting and making everybody (US citizen or not) miserable.

Sure he's not stupid, like you said he's a very smart political animal. But what does that make him? A deceiving man for trying to appear dumb when it comes to making policies when he's really not? Or if he really is stupid like a lot of us suspect, then the world (since US is undeniably a world leader) is being led by an idiot.

About his speech problems, a lot of people have problems talking in public too. Granted it is not criminal nor is it even a must-have quality in a leader to be a great public speaker, I would want the leader of my country to at least be able to say something intelligently & intelligibly when asked for opinions or speaking in public... Bush is after all the president of the USA (I'm sure u guys have lots of able people out there) and gets quoted in local news around the world. Or if he doesn't talk well, then presumably he would have some other qualities to compensate for it, which doesn't seem to be the case either.

Whatever it is, I'm sick of Bush-bashing. :rolleyes: Coz no matter what the rest of the world say or do, he's still here... and we've still got 3? years of his leadership to go. Chris Martin bashing bush? He's not the only one. At least half the world share the same sentiments and totally detest him.

Damn straight gentleparachute...But what you have to realize GP is that Mr. Cool (yes you are a kid son, if your parents are still locking/not letting you out of your house) is raised by Bush loving parents, which is fine but his opinion is not basically his own, it's his misinformed peoples. He's just too young to know any better. By the simple fact that Mr. Cool likes Coldplay though he is contradicting his support for Bush because Chris Martin has never hidden his disdain for Mr. Cool's hero Bush...So maybe there is light at the end of tunnel for our kid "Cool"...Or maybe not, he'll have to reject Coldplay (take himself off this here board as well) because he can't have his cake and eat it too. So what's it's gonna be kid cool??? Coldplay or Bush, you gotta choose...You put yourself in this predictament, time to pick a side...

Damn straight gentleparachute...But what you have to realize GP is that Mr. Cool (yes you are a kid son, if your parents are still locking/not letting you out of your house) is raised by Bush loving parents, which is fine but his opinion is not basically his own, it's his misinformed peoples. He's just too young to know any better. By the simple fact that Mr. Cool likes Coldplay though he is contradicting his support for Bush because Chris Martin has never hidden his disdain for Mr. Cool's hero Bush...So maybe there is light at the end of tunnel for our kid "Cool"...Or maybe not, he'll have to reject Coldplay (take himself off this here board as well) because he can't have his cake and eat it too. So what's it's gonna be kid cool??? Coldplay or Bush, you gotta choose...You put yourself in this predictament, time to pick a side...

Yep I know, thanks... Just had to get some facts straight, y'know? Truths & facts have been hard to get lately, given a certain someone's penchant for bending, ignoring or even straight out denying them so often...