✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FOX news guy slags off Chris Martin...

berrywoman

thats a good thing, destroying life is wrong.

:lol: :lol: thats hilarious

tell that to mr blair, mr bush, and his administration when they're done bombing innocent people

i suppose in the case of iraq, you'd argue that the end justify the means. i've yet to be convinced of that one.....

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the simple fact that Mr. Cool likes Coldplay though he is contradicting his support for Bush.... he'll have to reject Coldplay (take himself off this here board as well) because he can't have his cake and eat it too. So what's it's gonna be kid cool??? Coldplay or Bush' date=' you gotta choose...You put yourself in this predictament, time to pick a side...[/quote']

HAHA!

This is EXACTLY what I meant when I said,

Just because we enjoy someone's music doesn't mean we should follow them blindly and always defend them.

It is just plain STUPID to think that you must agree politically with any band that you are a fan of. Just because I think that Chris Martin iswrong on certain issues does not mean that he doesn't write good lyrics that I can enjoy.

This is why the entertainment industry can prove to be dangerous. Once celebrities become famous, EVERYONE listens to them about EVERY ISSUE....but in reality, Chris Martin has no more knowledge of politics than you or I, he just has the spotlight. I don't give a shit what he believes, but I can still like Coldplay's music.

This is why the entertainment industry can prove to be dangerous. Once celebrities become famous, EVERYONE listens to them about EVERY ISSUE....but in reality, Chris Martin has no more knowledge of politics than you or I, he just has the spotlight. I don't give a shit what he believes, but I can still like Coldplay's music.

well at least he uses his 'popularity' for some good... which is why a lot of people in his position take advantage of that 'popularity' to promote good causes. This Fox newsguy only highlights on one stupid comment.. this has nothing to do with him being rich or not.. its about princple.. caring about what he believe in, and not how much money they will make...

"OK since bush seems to know best about all things pertaining to the world and the persons within it and you being such a staunch supporter of his you must now agree for yourself and your future family members to never use or have applied to your persons any medical procedures or techniques that are discoverd through Stem Cell research such as cures for cancer, diabetes, Parkinsons, MS, etc. etc."

I would never, NEVER take any meds that came from stem cells, il be on my death bed and if it was the only cure i'd refuse it, taking one life to save another is well wrong. If my son was dying and the only cure was from stem cell well then he'd die. i mean what if we find out newborn babies make chemicals that can cure cancer, kill millions of newborns to save cancer victims?

" Why you ask, because your man Mr. Bush and the religioius right are against Stem Cell research in all it's forms and as of today Dubya would veto (not allow) any bill that would allow for the larger expansion of Stem Cell research in general"

"...Of course Nancy Reagan is very much for Stem Cell research as is Bill Frist the Senate Republican Majority leader (a doctor) both Republicans but hey Dubya knows everyting right he's a good man,"

Indeed he is, for not supporting the killing of life.

Not all forms of stem cell research involve embryos or killing life. What about research that uses stem cells obtained from cloning, where the nucleus of a cell (lets say skin) is inserted into an egg cell (ovum)? Surely you wouldn't call that killing of life? I mean no life is created nor harmed in the process... The skin cell, egg cell and resulting cloned stem cell are all just that - CELLS, the same way any other cell in your body are. They are not some living thing that was created/destroyed through the cloning process. I mean you can't take any of the cells and leave them out in the open and expect them to survive like bacteria, nor can the cloned stem cells develop into a full blown human. Mr Bush wants to ban even this kind of stem cell research.

I would never support the killing of life, but you need to know what it is you are supporting... Banning ALL forms of stem cell research would prevent even research that does not destroy life in any way from being carried out (unless you call killing of cells/tissues destroying life --> then you wouldn't go for surgery either coz that would involve killing your own cells), and you would be preventing a lot of lives from being saved or the lives of people who need this research from being improved.

"while a stupid ill informed one... a guy who can't even speak an entire sentence in his too few press conferences without tripping over his own tongue...mr. cool your man is a poser with no substance, nothing more...get a clue"

Stupid? now your just saying what the liberals, hes a very smart man. and very smart when it comes to politics, btw i have speach problems, i have a hard time speaking the english language but that doesnt make me stupid at all. specialy when im in front of people i have a very hard time. speaking problems do NOT mean your dumb. ive know very smart people that have a hard time speaking.

Sorry for not liking (or even opposing) your president, I can't help it after all he's done. And it IS my business coz his actions and decisions do affect my life half way across the world... He (and his administration) has been so anti-democratic, anti-progress and anti-anything that will make the world a better place that I can more or less predict what he will do based on whether it's for the betterment/detriment to the world. Examples are the millions suffering in Iraq because of social upheaval due to his war on non-existent WMD; the rising oil prices due to his war mongering, which as everyone knows is just about the most direct way to cause all round inflation WORLDWIDE; refusing to ratify the Kyoto Protocol to reduce CO2 emissions (it may not solve the problem but at least it's still something); and his unwillingness to engage the world apart from gun-toting and making everybody (US citizen or not) miserable.

Sure he's not stupid, like you said he's a very smart political animal. But what does that make him? A deceiving man for trying to appear dumb when it comes to making policies when he's really not? Or if he really is stupid like a lot of us suspect, then the world (since US is undeniably a world leader) is being led by an idiot.

About his speech problems, a lot of people have problems talking in public too. Granted it is not criminal nor is it even a must-have quality in a leader to be a great public speaker, I would want the leader of my country to at least be able to say something intelligently & intelligibly when asked for opinions or speaking in public... Bush is after all the president of the USA (I'm sure u guys have lots of able people out there) and gets quoted in local news around the world. Or if he doesn't talk well, then presumably he would have some other qualities to compensate for it, which doesn't seem to be the case either.

Whatever it is, I'm sick of Bush-bashing. :rolleyes: Coz no matter what the rest of the world say or do, he's still here... and we've still got 3? years of his leadership to go. Chris Martin bashing bush? He's not the only one. At least half the world share the same sentiments and totally detest him.

Damn straight gentleparachute...But what you have to realize GP is that Mr. Cool (yes you are a kid son, if your parents are still locking/not letting you out of your house) is raised by Bush loving parents, which is fine but his opinion is not basically his own, it's his misinformed peoples. He's just too young to know any better. By the simple fact that Mr. Cool likes Coldplay though he is contradicting his support for Bush because Chris Martin has never hidden his disdain for Mr. Cool's hero Bush...So maybe there is light at the end of tunnel for our kid "Cool"...Or maybe not, he'll have to reject Coldplay (take himself off this here board as well) because he can't have his cake and eat it too. So what's it's gonna be kid cool??? Coldplay or Bush, you gotta choose...You put yourself in this predictament, time to pick a side...

my opinion is my own, i CANNOT stand my parents, I basically have none of the same beliefes as my parents, do not try to pin this off saying what my parents say it is not. If you knew me you would be amazed that im a republican when my parents are. my beliefs are my own from MANY hours of studying this, i love politics and goverments, and history i study and spend many hours learning about this, and i made my decision based on my morals and beliefes.

lol you can be a coldplay fan and a fan of bush, i pick both.

:lol: :lol: thats hilarious

tell that to mr blair, mr bush, and his administration when they're done bombing innocent people

i suppose in the case of iraq, you'd argue that the end justify the means. i've yet to be convinced of that one.....

Most the people bombed in the war were not innocent, far more of the people we bombed were military people or terrorist. in iraq were going ot end up saving more life, unless the war drags on for too long, but if it ends in the next few years all in all lives will be saved. saddam starved 60,000 and killed tens of thousands more, if he was in power for the 3-4 yrs he would have killed more iraqi's himself. but not only that our president has the right and the duty to do what he must to keep our country safe, if that means taking out dictators who have killed close to a million people and kill tens of thousands more a year and how supports terrorism so be it. When he went to war he had alot of reason too, most of it turned out to be false, teh wmd's was a big mistake but none the less he did what a good president woudl have. not to mention saddam was planning to restart his wmd program after the sanction that would have ended in a few years, so instead of taking him out while he was making wmd's, we took him out before he did. So we would have had to go in in the future and stop his wmd making, sooner or later this war had to happen, Bush sr didnt finish the gulf war and messed up.

So we would have had to go in in the future and stop his wmd making, sooner or later this war had to happen, Bush sr didnt finish the gulf war and messed up.

uh, Sr. didnt finish the 'job' becaus he didnt know how to put closure on that war. How are we going to get out of this one?? I dont want a pres. who LIES to the country to go to war. First he pushed the war issue because of 9/11 and the terrorists... yadda yadda yadda where are the terrorists that bomb the WTC??? hmm where are those WMD???? hmmm where is the money if federal aide he promised the city of NY after the 9/11 attacks???hmmm where's our surplus in the budget???? hmmmm lots of unanswered questions.. yea.. I feel real good he's my president. I am not saying the other nobhead would've done better.. he's another idiot.. lol but this guy is just as bad.. lol maybe even more of an idiot.

So we would have had to go in in the future and stop his wmd making, sooner or later this war had to happen, Bush sr didnt finish the gulf war and messed up.

uh, Sr. didnt finish the 'job' becaus he didnt know how to put closure on that war. How are we going to get out of this one?? I dont want a pres. who LIES to the country to go to war. First he pushed the war issue because of 9/11 and the terrorists... yadda yadda yadda where are the terrorists that bomb the WTC??? hmm where are those WMD???? hmmm where is the money if federal aide he promised the city of NY after the 9/11 attacks???hmmm where's our surplus in the budget???? hmmmm lots of unanswered questions.. yea.. I feel real good he's my president. I am not saying the other nobhead would've done better.. he's another idiot.. lol but this guy is just as bad.. lol maybe even more of an idiot.

Ofcourse i dont want a president who lies to go to war, No one does! Bush didnt lie about this war. umm bush pushed for the war for many reasons, terrorism, freedom, wmds. the terrorist were in iraq, Salman Pak, a terrorist camp in northern iraq was one of the first targets of the war, saddam was not connected with 911 and bush never said that, but he was connected to other terrorist groups, and they are just as much as a threat to us as alqeada, we take out alqeada another group will just replace it.

uh huh..... and where is Osama BinLaden?? :rolleyes: I could've sworn that this is the main reason he went into Iraq, to look for the 'evil doers'... and don't be so sure that innocent civilians didnt get bombed on... remember the military 'accidentally' dropped a bomb onto a town... I wish I could find that article.. but I do remember it was early on..

hiding for his life in some cave. um no, you have mistaken on that. not to mention leaving saddam and his sons unchecked and in power for the next 10 or more years would have caused far more iraqi's to die. if you have to accidently kill a few to in the end save more, then over all good was done.But if the war drags on for a few more years then it wouldnt have been worth it. But so far if it turns out good its worth it.

this is my last post before everyone gets mad, I want wahts best for iraq and you guys want whats best for iraq, we disagree the ways for it to happen.

But if the war drags on for a few more years then it wouldnt have been worth it. But so far if it turns out good its worth it.

hmm well its been a good 3years so far.... how much longer?? :rolleyes: He has no exit stratagey.... which is why his pops didn't 'finish' the job as you say.. lol so who's next on his take out list?? Castro?? I dont think so..

who's next? anyone who threatens us, and castro is not a threat to us. this day and age we cannot sit by and let our enemies get stronger, we cant be like we were before ww2. 3 yrs isnt long fora war, but the exit stratigy? we have one, train iraqi force's til they can take over and do the job, then we can start pulling out our troops. that is the exit stratigy.

who's next? anyone who threatens us' date=' and castro is not a threat to us. this day and age we cannot sit by and let our enemies get stronger, we cant be like we were before ww2. 3 yrs isnt long fora war, but the exit stratigy? we have one, train iraqi force's til they can take over and do the job, then we can start pulling out our troops. that is the exit stratigy.[/quote']

so I suppose N Korea is next?? they have nuclear weapons...

this is exactly the reason why most of the world hates America and the people that live here.. :laugh3: hahaah anyone who 'threatens' us.. why did he wait until they attacked us to make a move?? He knew, they all knew an attack was eminent.. but did nothing.. why?? To justify his plans for invading Iraq... which my they way, was led under false pretenses...

why do you think all these men who worked for him resigned?? They didnt want to be a part of the giant lie anymore lol :lol:

N Korea is a big threat to us, china and half the world as is Iran, BUT there are many ways of solving this problem that would not have and didnt work in iraq. its very possible Nk will fall without war, the economy is very bad, so we have a chance to solve this problem with peace.

lots of people knew an attack was eminent, but we cant stop every attack, another is going to happen. its not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN. thats how it works, we prevent one attack another day another will eventualy happen. if 911 didnt happen it would be another month or another year, no matter who is president, they will never be able to keep us completely safe! the war was half way under false pretenses, the wmd's part was wrong. But saddam working with and helping and training terrorist was not, and saddam killing close to a 100,000 a year was not wrong. Or their tired of all the crap the media is saying and the world.

the world is sick of america becuase we are the biggest most powerful country, nothing we do will ever make us look better, the world is tired of us being on top, this is true for ANY country that is on top. if we were to become a 3rd world country and Mexico was to rise as superpower and be the biggest strongest one i promies you their would be just as much hatred against it as there is for america.

My justification for the war in Iraq:

U.S. Department of State Report on Iraq

Released September 13, 1999

(Make sure to read "Repression of the Iraqi People" and "Evading U.N. Resolutions and Failure to Disarm")

http://www.fas.org/news/iraq/1999/09/iraq99.htm

AND

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/926912/posts

There were no WMDs in Iraq. We know that now. Bush made a mistake when he was given bad intelligence. He did not lie about WMD. If he had known that there were no WMDS he would have also known that it would be political suicide to claim so because the truth would soon be clear and it has hurt him at the polls.

Nonetheless, Saddams failure to abide by U.N. resolutions, his war crimes, and the mass murder he commited is reason enough for me. It is of dire importance to the integrity of the U.N. that it's resolutions be enforced. What good are rules if people know that there are no consequences for breaking them?

If you were a cop, and you think that a criminal has a gun but he won't let you check for one, wouldn't you assume that he does?

Khanus3 i accidently added you to my ignore list adn it wont let me unignoreo you yet, but i rememebr the last part of what you said sortof.

Bush did not lie about the war, he relied on his people and intelligence agencies from our country and around the world to make his decisions. He was given wrong information about iraq.

The Korean War never ended. There was just a cease-fire......

why did he wait until they attacked us to make a move?? He knew, they all knew an attack was eminent.. but did nothing.. why??

Before Pearl Harbor, FDR knew that some type of attack in the Pacific was imminent as well. Yet he waited, why? Because he knew he would not yet have the support of the American people. There is no way that Bush would've been able to go into Afghanistan before September 11.

By the simple fact that Mr. Cool likes Coldplay though he is contradicting his support for Bush.... he'll have to reject Coldplay (take himself off this here board as well) because he can't have his cake and eat it too. So what's it's gonna be kid cool??? Coldplay or Bush' date=' you gotta choose...You put yourself in this predictament, time to pick a side...[/quote']

HAHA!

This is EXACTLY what I meant when I said,

Just because we enjoy someone's music doesn't mean we should follow them blindly and always defend them.

It is just plain STUPID to think that you must agree politically with any band that you are a fan of. Just because I think that Chris Martin iswrong on certain issues does not mean that he doesn't write good lyrics that I can enjoy.

No guy that is not what I said...I said Chris Martin is right on with his opinions about Bush, but I didn't need him to tell me that because I use my brain...But it's good none-the-less someone (i.e. Chris Martin) is saying what he is saying about the Bush Administration because it needs to be said out loud and to as many people in public as possible, you don't like it, too damn bad. I, as a citizen of this PLANET am not just looking at the world as US Citizen and wondering what the world can do for me or my country. Rather as citizen of this PLANET, the question should be: what can I do, to better the planet overall? That's what I ask myself everyday. And that's what you knuckleheads don't understand. Your always looking out for your own interests (gasing up your inefficient SUV's, buying De Beers Diamonds, and cleaning out your employees 401k's) the way many right-wing perspecitives are in the US and elsewhere. Basically, it's who do you have to step on to better yourself and get what you want. It's sad it really is and you haven't a clue about the world or your place in it.... Why do I support Chris, because Chris' stance is the right and correct one, plain and simple and celebrity doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with it..This administration is misguieded in every policy decision they've undertaken (a tame of monkeys could lead better) and yet still no one has informed any of us just exactly what great positive things have come because of this great Buffon they call DubYa...Not a one...

who's next? anyone who threatens us' date=' and castro is not a threat to us. this day and age we cannot sit by and let our enemies get stronger, we cant be like we were before ww2. 3 yrs isnt long fora war, but the exit stratigy? we have one, train iraqi force's til they can take over and do the job, then we can start pulling out our troops. that is the exit stratigy.[/quote']

The US has no intention of ever leaving Iraq until her oil reserves are dry kid "cool" if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself...Why do you think we pulled all of our forces out of Saudi Arabia, where the largest reserves in the world are to go to Iraq the second largest reserves..We are way too dependent on oil to leave the place and the US has built and is continuing to build around Iraq permanent bases to protect those assets, that is a fact...

Were not going to completely leave iraq, i know that. we havent left half of europe, south korea. im not sure about japan. but were not going to maintain a heavy military force in iraq after the war, we will have some bases and troops, but not close to what we have now, adn they wont be doing what they are doing now.

The Korean War never ended. There was just a cease-fire......

why did he wait until they attacked us to make a move?? He knew, they all knew an attack was eminent.. but did nothing.. why??

Before Pearl Harbor, FDR knew that some type of attack in the Pacific was imminent as well. Yet he waited, why? Because he knew he would not yet have the support of the American people. There is no way that Bush would've been able to go into Afghanistan before September 11.

yeah bush would've have never gone into Aghanistan if not for them gosh darn Arabs who flew dem airplanes into the World Trade and Pentagon...you see cause up until that point in his administration he was too damn busy vacationing 70% of the time at his ranch in crawford, tx ignoring daily memos addressed to him that said "Bid Laden Determined to Attack US"...when 911 happened he kinda had to get up off his arse and actually do something for a change...go get the ruskies or something, right there Dubya...

fell for the lies off moore? im sorry. the whole bin laden determined to attack this is so lame. i mean he already knew that, it was easy to see. but what the memo did not say was when, where or how! you see we know they are going to strike again but when? where? how? theycome up with so many genius ways of attacking no one can stop every attack. under clinton we had many terrorist attacks, 93 wtc attacks, the embassy bombing, uss cole, but clinton did little about it. the memo about laden goin to attack really did NO good, just like if one came out today saying he was going to attack. its sad anyone fell for moore's b.s.

Bush was bearly in office long enough to actually do anything! crying out loud clinton and the liberals made so many damn laws binding our goverment agencies hand behind there backs, they didnt communicate with each other, its was impossible to stop the attack with that little amount of time with the horrible laws and regulations we had in place.

not to mention clinton had atleast 2 chances to get binladen. one of them he was offered by sudan, they were just going to give him, yes you heard me GIVE HIM to us, but ofcourse clinton turned them down, what a great president.