G-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

D-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

A-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

E-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be pretty tricky to i think... its kind of really layered and the sound quality isnt so great so it would be hard.

EDIT: actually the first time i listened to it was on headphones that sounded heaps shit, but i just listened again and its alot better than i remember. so yeah, bring on tabs!

sorry for stupid question, but what does letter h,s,p mean in tableture?

something like --------3h--------,---------3p------- and so on.

I think s is slide but thats all i know.

thanks a lot!

Ahoj Miriam!

Tak je tu niekto aj zo Slovenska! Uz som tu dlho nebol a mozno je vas tu aj viac, ale teba som si vsimol hned. Necakal som tu Slovakov a uz vobec nie Slovenky gitaristky :)

Vidim ze si rozumies po anglicky ;) a nechcem ta nejak urazit, ale ak este stale potrebujes pomoct s tymi znackami tak je to tak, ze vzdy za h a p musi nasledovat este cislo. Znamenaju:

h - hammer on - po slovensky priklep

p - pull off - odtiahnutie

s - je naozaj slide - alebo glissando

Neviem chodis niekde na gitaru alebo si samoukom ako som bol aj ja? Dufam, ze ti napovedali aj tie slovenske nazvy. A dufam, ze si tento prispevok zbadala.

Cau!

THE SCIENTIST ACOUSTIC

Tuning:EADGBC

Nobody...

back to the start...

Thats all the chords. Youll be able to piece it toghether

Ok here's newbie question... and brace yourself. I just got myself a guitar a week ago and have been trying to play my first song: Ode To Joy (Yes, laugh it up :P ). I think I've got it down pat! :lol:

Anyways, my question how do I play the above notes? I don't quite get what the numbers represent. Now I know I'm jumping ahead of myself but any help would be greatly appreciated.

:embarrased:

The numbers are in groups of 6. Each number represents a fret that on that particular string.

For example the first chord to be played involves:

1st string fret 0

2nd string fret 10

3rd string fret 10

4th string fret 12

5th string fret 12

6th string fret 10

For anyone who is interested, here is a tab for The World Turned Upside Down. You should be able to work out which bits go where in the song and sometimes you may need to play a note more than once but I think this is pretty accurate.

I guess this is the intro bit.

E ---------------------------------------------------------------------

B --------12--12--12--12--12--12--12--12--14--14--------------

G ----------------------------------------------------------11/\11--- Give it a good bend to sustain the sound!

D ---------------------------------------------------------------------

A ----------------------------------------------------------------------

E --0-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the bassy bit. Add an extra 0 on the low E if you want. Listen to the song for number of repeats.

E ------------------------------------------------------------------------

B -------------------------------------------------------------------------

G -------------------------------------------------------------------------

D --------------------------------------------------------------------------

A ----7-7-7-7--------7-5-7-5-------------------------------------

E -0---------------0-----------------------------------------------------------

^Cheers Ted! :) :kiss:

Ohhh h! :idea2:

Thanks! :lol:

Wow... how on Earth are my tiny hands supposed to hold all those strings down?!? :rolleyes:

^OMG im SO glad im not the only one with that problem!!!

It reeeeally hurts my hands, as they are so small, my thumb never reaches....gah, its really annoying, and im worried I wont be able to learn properly because of it :cry:

^Cheers Ted! :) :kiss:

Ohhh h! :idea2:

Thanks! :lol:

Wow... how on Earth are my tiny hands supposed to hold all those strings down?!? :rolleyes:

^OMG im SO glad im not the only one with that problem!!!

It reeeeally hurts my hands, as they are so small, my thumb never reaches....gah, its really annoying, and im worried I wont be able to learn properly because of it :cry:

Wow, and here I am thinking I'm the only person who couldn't do it! You just made my day! I tried for like 5mins just to get my fingers into proper position let alone strum the strings.

Maybe I ought to get more familiar with the guitar and practice a lot more before I can make the step to Coldplay songs. How long have you been playing the guitar? Either way, keep plucking away and good luck. I know I ain't quitting. Coldplay's a huge inspiration.

Oh and stupid question... but is the size of a guitar standard or do the neck sizes differ? I'm beginning to think I might have bought a bigger one than I could wrap my hands around.

Wow, and here I am thinking I'm the only person who couldn't do it! You just made my day! I tried for like 5mins just to get my fingers into proper position let alone strum the strings.

^Aww, you sound exactly the same as me!!! It takes me so long, lord knows how i'd ever play at normal speed. Its so hard. :/

Maybe I ought to get more familiar with the guitar and practice a lot more before I can make the step to Coldplay songs. How long have you been playing the guitar? Either way' date=' keep plucking away and good luck. I know I ain't quitting. Coldplay's a huge inspiration.[/quote']

^I got my 1st electric for Christmas, but havent played since I was about 10, when I used to play acoustic. Im teaching myself from start with tabs. And i agree, im not gonna quit either. ;) Keep me updated with your progress! :)

Oh and stupid question... but is the size of a guitar standard or do the neck sizes differ? I'm beginning to think I might have bought a bigger one than I could wrap my hands around.
^I also wondered the same thing. :/

Anyone?

Plus, does anyone have a Coldplay tab that they would say is the easiest to play out of all their songs?

I need an easy one to start off with, to try and learn my 1st whole song.

Thanks in advance.

Oooh tough one Steph honey. I would say Moses is pretty easy when you get a capo or even Warning Sign but you have the wee hands problem so maybe not! Definitely Moses in my opinion. Got that lovely warm sound if you set your amp and tone correctly.

the beginning of square one is played with an ebow

e----------------------

b----------------------

g---5---12-----17----

d----------------------

a----------------------

e----------------------

and in the second verse, jonny uses an ebow as well

e--------------------------

b-11--3--4----------------

g---------------------------

d---------------------------