✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Religious nut gets told.

Majson

yeah... they dont bother me anymore... it was actually kind of funny... my dad took me to san francisco pride last week to show me how disgusting the gay community was. It was cool' date=' i loved it, and it was twice as good watching him squirm. haha... and yeah... i have an uncle and all of his gay friends that i hang out with and talk to alot. so thats cool[/quote']

Didn't he realise this was a pointless exercise? Did he think he could change your mind? :huh:

I was wondering the same thing. Why did your dad think that would change your mind? I went to Atlanta Pride last year and it was a blast. Glad you atleast made some funout of the situation :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i call them queens, attentoin seeking little people who annoy me, who all dress the same and act the same.

They're mostly so bloody girly, it kinda makes me laugh. The idea of being gay is to like guys right? So why like guys who act like girls?

majson. I'm really not supposed to be posting as I am at work at the present time but I am compelled to respond to your ignorance.

You obviously DON'T know what you are talking about because all gay people certainly are not the same. Most peole cannot even tell I'm gay. I'm a regular non-queeny guy. And I like to date regular guys as well. All you seem to focus on are gay stereotypes which is sad really. Grow up please. And I will CALL you on any bit of bullshit you spew on this board. :sneaky:

What I'm a bit confused about is that he said he was "bi". Was he joking about this?? :huh:

They had a show over here recently where a girl had to eliminate guys she thought might be gay in order to win a share of 100,000 pounds with the remaining guy.

If the last guy left at the end turned out to be gay, HE walked away with the entire amount.

I think the show started out with about a dozen men and around half of them were gay (she had no idea how many were).

She found it very difficult to guess, and in the end the one she picked turned out to be gay and had been disguising it extremely well. Some of the men she THOUGHT were gay turned out NOT to be!

The great thing at the end was that he shared the money with her anyway, so it all ended positively.

It turned out to be a very good show which did a lot to destroy the "stereotype" thing.

Did you have anything like that in the States??

Thanks for your insight Mark :)

2 summers ago we had a similar dating show with similar results. I thank you for bringing this up as it shows how stereotypes only seek to divide us.

As for majson being bi. I'm sure he was just joking.

They're mostly so bloody girly

MOSTLY, did you see that word Colduser? Its the operative one here. It means that Garry wasnt talking about EVERY GAY PERSON EVER including you, he was making a general overview of the gay people hes met or known of.

DON'T know what you are talking about because all gay people certainly are not the same

ALL gay people arent the same, he didnt say otherwise.

And I'd have to agree with Garry on the fact that most gay people are a bit MUCH. I dont know about how it works where you live Colduser, but over here, gay people that are mainly in urban areas are always SO obsessed with the fact that they are gay. It must be something in the culture right now, I dont really know, but most gay people I know of are quite stereotypical.

Reilly, whatever. I took what majson said as ignorant and offensive. He said "mostly" which IS STILL FUCKING WRONG. Reilly, no offense, but I think that I would know a little more about this issue than you. When you say a comment that gay people are obsessed with being gay it's generally a misperception. We are attacked verbally all of the time so we take pride in showing society who we are. Would you prefer we just hide away and not show the world that we are gay?? Every day I am bombarded with heterosexual culture but I don't mind because I have no problem with any way people choose to live their sexual lives. Now I could make the same flawed argument that you have made saying that heterosexuals are always so obsessed with being straight. This of course would be an immature and invalid argument as yours was.

I'll be leaving work now so if you post again, rest assured I will respond when I can

Obviously you know more about the issue then me, which is why Im a little tedious to even debate about it so I hope you understand that Im just trying to understand here.

From my experience of gay people, the way they act, as when you first meet them, is very stereotypical. I hate to generalise further but Ive also noticed that gay men AND women can say incredibly inappropriate and dirty things without feeling any shame about it because they see themselves as gay characters.

About 2 weeks ago in Subway Im sitting there with a friend who is a girl, and a guy she knew who was gay started talking to us. One thing he KEPT doing was talking about one of the workers in the place, making comments like "I wouldnt mind a bit of his footlong" and I was like, bleagh :disappointed: and the girl was like pissing herself laughing. I can see the funny side, haha footlong, but still, what if I said the same type of things about a woman who was there?

But I can concede to the fact that when a bunch of heterosexual men get together, be it at the workplace or playing football or doing something MANLY ( :P ) we do talk incredibly inapropriately about the opposite sex. I guess its natural and uncontrollable banter really...

OK I'll focus more on your post now. Yes I do realise gay people have to be brave and show how proud they are (And I genuinely respect this) but a lot of gay people I have met tend to focus on hair, shoes, clothes, nails, thongs, and even their music tastes reflect their choice of sexuality. By "most" I mean possibly about 60% of the ones I've met, not 95% or something silly, but thats from what I've seen and who I've known...

Maybe my small corner of Ireland represents nothing of actual homosexual people around the world and generally, but its definately what I've seen.

And I think I disagree that heterosexuals are obsessed with being straight, but Im unsure as to what heterosexual culture is. If anything I've noticed over the past 10 years, its that straight guys are becoming increasingly open to worrying about their hair and facial hair, smooth cream for their face, and being more open to their feminine side and to making jokes about being "gay" with friends (I can explain that last one further but I think you know what I mean).

Obviously you know more about the issue then me, which is why Im a little tedious to even debate about it so I hope you understand that Im just trying to understand here.

From my experience of gay people, the way they act, as when you first meet them, is very stereotypical. I hate to generalise further but Ive also noticed that gay men AND women can say incredibly inappropriate and dirty things without feeling any shame about it because they see themselves as gay characters.

About 2 weeks ago in Subway Im sitting there with a friend who is a girl, and a guy she knew who was gay started talking to us. One thing he KEPT doing was talking about one of the workers in the place, making comments like "I wouldnt mind a bit of his footlong" and I was like, bleagh :disappointed: and the girl was like pissing herself laughing. I can see the funny side, haha footlong, but still, what if I said the same type of things about a woman who was there?

But I can concede to the fact that when a bunch of heterosexual men get together, be it at the workplace or playing football or doing something MANLY ( :P ) we do talk incredibly inapropriately about the opposite sex. I guess its natural and uncontrollable banter really...

OK I'll focus more on your post now. Yes I do realise gay people have to be brave and show how proud they are (And I genuinely respect this) but a lot of gay people I have met tend to focus on hair, shoes, clothes, nails, thongs, and even their music tastes reflect their choice of sexuality. By "most" I mean possibly about 60% of the ones I've met, not 95% or something silly, but thats from what I've seen and who I've known...

Maybe my small corner of Ireland represents nothing of actual homosexual people around the world and generally, but its definately what I've seen.

And I think I disagree that heterosexuals are obsessed with being straight, but Im unsure as to what heterosexual culture is. If anything I've noticed over the past 10 years, its that straight guys are becoming increasingly open to worrying about their hair and facial hair, smooth cream for their face, and being more open to their feminine side and to making jokes about being "gay" with friends (I can explain that last one further but I think you know what I mean).

Reilly, I have to say you leveled with me here. Nice post.

I have to agree with you about your comment on inappropriate and dirty things. I do talk pretty ranchy sometimes and am very open about sex and dirty language. If I am in the workplace or if I know someone is straight I will watch what I say. But if I'm in public with my straight and gay friends, I will say whatever I want. You are right about a bunch of heterosexual guys doing the same thing. THEY DO. Everyday at work I hear about this hot chick and that hot chick from all of my straight co-workers. Same goes for my straight friends. It is human nature to be sexual and talk about it. I am aware that homosexuality rubs many people the wrong way which is why I understand some people wouldn't want to hear gay sex talk etc.

Now as to where you live, I also cannot comment on the gay scene over there. You would know more than I. One point I like to make though is that out of all of the people that are out of the closet, there are many more in the closet. Many of the stereotypically gay men and women really had no choice but to come out as thier friends and family already knew they were gay or had suspicions. MANY people are gay that you would never in a million years realize were and the media and society only focus on the flamboyant gays so we all get stereotyped as "that" way. You never know who is what.

That is the only reason why I jumped on majson's post. his comments just seemed insensitive and juvenile. And if he's bi, he should know better :)