The Official "Doves" Thread

amsterdam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm...that's a conundrum :/

I say go to both if you can afford them, although I think snow patrol are a bit crap live, to be honest, but you've seen them live too...(haven't you) so it's your decision :idea2: I'm sure you'll find someone to go with you :)

crap? :o :angry:

:P

I saw them at Glasto. Top 3 acts of the weekend, easily. But to each his/her own, I guess..

Maybe they suck when they're not playing in front of 50 thousand muddy fans in the middle of the sunshine.

• 4 weeks later...

Doves Postpone Tour!

Rob Kleckner reports:

Doves have been forced to postpone the first half of their North American tour. The tour was to begin at the Coachella this friday. All dates from Coachella through Chicago on May 13 have been postponed. The tour will now begin on May 14 in Detroit.

A post on the band's site by lead singer Jimi Goodwin gave an explanation: "Yes, sadly it's true. I've been told to rest my vocals for two to three weeks. Coachella aside, it's postponement not cancellation! We are already tenatively re-scheduling...We're truly gutted but it's got to be right long term...P.S. coming soon...a picture of my throat!"

Well, Jimi, we appreciate your honesty and graciousness...but no thanks on that picture!

Here are some cities that have not been affected by the bad news:

05-14 Detroit, MI - Majestic Theatre

05-16 Toronto, Ontario - Kool Haus

05-18 New York, NY - Webster Hall

05-19 New York, NY - Webster Hall

05-20 Boston, MA - Avalon

05-22 Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of Living Arts

05-23 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club