✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official "Doves" Thread

amsterdam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there are just too many songs that I love by them. Snowden's one of them, B&W Town's another, Sea Song, Here It Comes, Last Broadcast, Caught By The River, Firesuite, There Goes The Fear, Pounding, Satellites, oh man there are just too many!

I dunno, they're all pretty solid albums. I know that Lost Sides is currently going for 3/30 at HMV but you probably want an actual album and not one filled with b-sides and remixes......I'd say The Last Broadcast or Some Cities actually. Those two are the most consistently good, but if There Goes The Fear is the song to your life right now, maybe TLB would be a good choice. But make sure you check out the other ones, each album has amazing shit on it.

Otherwise, I found my copy of The Last Broadcast at a used CD store, I'm sure you could peruse those in your area and somehow get a copy of it like that. I got Some Cities at Future Shop for $14.99 I think when it was on sale (HMV has it for $18.99 I think) but I've been too cheap to buy Lost Souls right now because the lowest I've seen it is like $21.99 and that violates my $15 max rule...I dunno, I'd suggest used CD stores, or barring that, eBay.

Good luck. :)

I've only got Some Cities but I've read the reviews on Pitchfork (http://pitchforkmedia.com/cgi-bin/search2/search.cgi?terms=Doves) and The Last Broadcast has marginally better reviews than Some Cities (8.0 vs 7.8)...

I know Pitchfork can be pretentious but it's got street cred. Maybe you should get TLB first, especially if you're thinking of going for the long haul with this band and grab the others later. I think they're another rare band that's not likely to make bad albums and these guys are still young with plenty more in them :D

• 2 weeks later...

^^ you really hate the docks eh!? i've only been there once and i was pretty close so it didn't really phase me, but yeah it's not a typical favoured venue.

i've been browsing ticketmaster. so, many, concerts. not, nearly, enough, money.

bloc party, metric, doves, the bravery....booooohoooo.

I was close at the Interpol Docks show too, Ijust really disliked the setup in there, if you dont get in the front.. you are screwed and I just felt clasterphobic (sp?).

Bloc Party is playing Docks too, I am considering going to that too one. And Stills are playing Waterloo at the end of September, they should be playing Toronto too.. not sure when though.

doves are SO good, i saw them when they were at the kool haus in may and i was pleasantly surprised. however i've never been to the docks and can't say anything about the venue. i would go if i had the money to spend but i don't :angry: