✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Official England Football Team Thread ....

I saw the match against Austria yesterday. Beckham shouldn't have been sent off. But still, a really bad performance. :/

At least England are qualified whatever will happen against Poland. But there have to be many changes in the team that England have a chance in the World Cup.

looks like Peter Crouch is going to start :rolleyes: ...

hopefully it might not be boring England again

Peter Crouch should have stayed on the COUCH. Useless!! Darren Bent's the man in form - he should have been playing instead.

England can obviously play much better, but I do have sympathy for Becks on this occasion - neither challenge warranted a yellow card, and the ref seemed to just have it in for him.

It is the ref himself who should have been shown the red card, as well as the guy who theatrically collapsed and dived under Beckhams' challenges.

What's more, how "we" weren't awarded a second penalty, I'll never know - yet another appalling decision by the ref.

Still, we're there - and can still finish up in style by seeing off the Poles on Wednesday!

You can be sure the Scots would be more than happy to be in our shoes at the moment!

I would go as far as saying it was an excellent performance this evening - just what we needed. The whole team played well, dominated the match from start to finish and played most of the game in Poland's half.

Ledley King was excellent and should now keep his place in that role. Gerrard might well have to make way for him.

Still not sure about Wright-Phillips. Beckham obviously likely to return in his place anyway.

Rooney looked world class again. If he's on fire like that when the finals come round next year, the other teams should watch out!!

We won the group and we're there - which is more than can be said for the likes of Denmark, Greece and Ireland. Be thankful!! :D

• 5 weeks later...

I saw that game yesterday on German TV. It was an amazing friendly-game! Congratulation England! Owen and Rooney were very good. 2 goals at the end of the game! :) I'm very proud to see England next year in Germany. A World Cup without England would be unbelievable.

I saw that game yesterday on German TV. It was an amazing friendly-game! Congratulation England! Owen and Rooney were very good. 2 goals at the end of the game! :) I'm very proud to see England next year in Germany. A World Cup without England would be unbelievable.

Are you sure you're German?? :stunned: :P

Yes, sure! :lol: England has a good team. But I was surprised that players like Darren Bent, Danny Murphy (both Charlton Athletic), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich) or Scholes (ManU) didn't play yesterday. By the way what about Shearer? Does he still play for England? :huh: I hope we'll see us on July 9th in Berlin. That would be a great final.

Yes, sure! :lol: England has a good team. But I was surprised that players like Darren Bent, Danny Murphy (both Charlton Athletic), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich) or Scholes (ManU) didn't play yesterday. By the way what about Shearer? Does he still play for England? :huh: I hope we'll see us on July 9th in Berlin. That would be a great final.

You appear to be pretty knowledgeable about English football. I'm impressed!!

Shearer retired a long time ago. He's now in his final season as a player.

Scholes also quit after Euro 2004.

Owen Hargreaves is only ever going to be a squad player. There are far too many midfielders ahead of him.

Darren Bent was drafted back in to the Under-21s team to play France (play-offs for next year's finals). Second leg is on Tuesday. Darren Ambrose (another Charlton player) scored the equaliser on Friday.

I'm confident Bent will make the final World Cup squad, but is only likely to be a substitute.

I'm a Charlton fan, and Danny Murphy has been in great form so far this evening, but he's unlikely to get back in the squad in time for next year because of the depth of midfield talent.

Hope this helps!! :D

Yeah this helps, thank you!

I didn't know that Scholes quit after Euro 2004 and that Darren Bent was drafted back in to thie U21-team this weekend. It's very sad that Shearer plays his final season as a player, because I liked him. He scored a lot of important goals for England. I hope that Danny Murphy will get another chance to play next year during the World Cup. In 2002, he broke his leg or foot a few month ago before World Cup started.

By the way I'm interested in international leagues, especially in the Premier League, so I often watch games of Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Charlton. Fortunately German Pay-TV often shows a lot of Premier League games. During Christmas and New Year I'll have the chance to watch all 10 games live individually or simultaneously, because Bundesliga will have a winter-break. :wink3: It's so amazing that there are so many games after Christmas. I'm very jealous!

Sorry for my bad English! :confused:

Yeah this helps, thank you!

I didn't know that Scholes quit after Euro 2004 and that Darren Bent was drafted back in to thie U21-team this weekend. It's very sad that Shearer plays his final season as a player, because I liked him. He scored a lot of important goals for England. I hope that Danny Murphy will get another chance to play next year during the World Cup. In 2002, he broke his leg or foot a few month ago before World Cup started.

By the way I'm interested in international leagues, especially in the Premier League, so I often watch games of Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Charlton. Fortunately German Pay-TV often shows a lot of Premier League games. During Christmas and New Year I'll have the chance to watch all 10 games live individually or simultaneously, because Bundesliga will have a winter-break. :wink3: It's so amazing that there are so many games after Christmas. I'm very jealous!

Sorry for my bad English! :confused:

I live in Germany, but I hope to see at least two matches when I'm back in the UK for Christmas - Charlton-Arsenal and Charlton-West Ham.

I also saw Charlton-Bolton a few weeks ago, but unfortunately the score was 0-1 and it wasn't a very entertaining match.

I've never really been interested in the Bundesliga or football outside the U.K. in general.

I've only been to four matches in Germany, and two of those were to see Arsenal play in the Champions' League (at Schalke and Dortmund).

I would love to see England play here next year, of course, but I think tickets will be hard to come by.

You live in Germany? Which city? But you come from the UK, don't you?

Every saturday afternoon I watch the Bundesliga on TV, especially games of my favourite football team Werder Bremen. But I also watch a few games in the stadium.

It's good that in England you have a game during lunchtime and a game at 5pm, so I often can watch these games, too. :D I think English teams became very good since the last 5 years. Last Champions League final between Liverpool and Milan was so great.

It's very difficult to get tickets for the WM. Luckely I won a ticket for the last German group game in Berlin on June 20th at 4pm. :) But I still don't know who will be the other team. I'm counting the days 'till the first game will start next year. ;)