🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

Wow. I was not aware such a thread existed.

mah baad

love love love them! Also love Swell Season they are fucking amazing!!! I have seen Swell Season twice..Glen is an amazing.

Swell Season are also amazing! I would love to go see them, many people say they are willing to meet and greet with fans after every show and that they are the nicest funniest coolest people. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

-Chris get in this thread-

I'm ordering For The Birds tomorrow! :dance:

I'm slowly getting each album and trying to enjoy them before getting the next.

Also, I stubled across this blog about a night at a Swell Season concert:

Saturday night we caught The Swell Season and Martha Wainwright at the Variety Playhouse. The Swell Season, featuring Glen Hansard from the Irish band the Frames, and Czech singer/songwriter Marketa Irglova stared in the movie Once and provided the music as well. It was an amazing movie and their live set was incredible. They played almost everything from the movie in addition to some Frames’ songs, and even a great Pixies‘ song, Cactus. Glen told a great story about the last time the Frames were in Atlanta; they played the Echo Lounge and he hit his head on a nail sticking out of the ceiling. When he came too, Chris Martin from Coldplay was holding him in his arms. Funny

http://nickmickolas.wordpress.com/2007/11/21/bloggers-the-swell-season-the-hold-steady-art-brut/

:stunned:

:rolleyes:

And also apparently Chris did a recording of a song called "Lovely Day" with The Frames?

A Coldplay-Frames live performance would probably make me kill myself, as no moment for the rest of my life could ever be as amazing. I must find this song, and they must play a show together! :whip:

since i listenned to "the dancer" you posted somewhere in the board i didn't move to another album of them

i should try the others

right road/wrong road is so energy, i think that's what i like about The Frames :)

Oh I remember that :lol:

If I can help make one more Frames fan I can be happy with that :)

Right Road / Wrong Road is another great track.

You should def. check out Fitzcarraldo, their second album. The song itself and the album are so good I named my username after them! ;)

Listening to another Frames album, best decision you'll ever make :cool:

They and Coldplay are constantly flipping back and forth as my favorite bad :uhoh:

Fitzcarraldo (the song) was written about a movie of the same name about a man named Fitzcarraldo who had to carry a ship over a mountain to achieve his crazy dream. An unreal movie, and an even better tune. :)

Yeah I don't expect you to like them as much as you love Coldplay :P

But you might love them equally someday. That is what happened with me. I thought no band could ever come close to Coldplay, but then I found The Frames!

Enjoy the music, I know you will! :D

What happened with that? Total obsession?

I'm a massive Radiohead fan as well. But to me...The Frames are way better than Radiohead.

They actually have a lot of songs that sound like Radiohead. Like "In This Boat Together" on the Fitz album sounds a lot like "The Tourist" by Radiohead.

That just sounds like the coolest moment ever, Chris cradling Glen! :P

How can you have heard all the albums and still not have them as your favorite band? I still have yet to hear For The Birds and Burn The Maps (except for singles like Lay Me Down and Fake), and the live album Set List and they are still tied with Coldplay for me.

There is not a single Glen Hansard song I have heard that I do not love. And that's more than I can say about Coldplay. :(

So what are your favorite Frames songs?

hey Nick

do you know if there's official vids for Martha and The Dancer?

Not one for Martha. There is one for Dancer, but God Speed trying to find it. Damn near impossible. However, part of it is mixed in with this interview:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfM2ZLQ9gY]YouTube - The Frames - The Dancer[/ame]

EDIT: If it doesn't play, just click the Title-link!

You can see Glen's crazy long hair compared to his much shorter hair now! :lol: