✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Time to Face the Change

Reilly

Ch-ch-changes...

Simple question; how do you embrace changes in your life?

Do you become nostalgic and sad? Excited? Usually there is a distinct moment that you know there has been a big change in your life. For example when I was 14, and seeing my bare and empty living room after it had been filled with crap and ornaments for 6 years, as my family moved home. Or throwing out my junior school tie at the age of 16, etc. etc.

At those moments, I always get nostalgic, its pretty gay. Yeah, gay.

But moving to university and a new country recently, it never really hit me at all. The closest thing was waking up on the day I was leaving and going to reach for the alarm clock Ive had since I was 5, and realising its in a suitcase. Pretty dumb, yeah, dumb.

Gay.

Ch-ch-changes...

Do you become nostalgic and sad? Excited?

If I think it is a positive I become excited excited first. But when it really comes to it, I mean like a day before it happens I often start to worry and especially see the negative aspects of it. But I often seem to forget those at the moment it really happens and become excited again.

Guest LiquidSky
Ch-ch-changes...

Do you become nostalgic and sad? Excited? Usually there is a distinct moment that you know there has been a big change in your life. For example when I was 14, and seeing my bare and empty living room after it had been filled with crap and ornaments for 6 years, as my family moved home. Or throwing out my junior school tie at the age of 16, etc. etc.

But moving to university and a new country recently, it never really hit me at all. The closest thing was waking up on the day I was leaving and going to reach for the alarm clock Ive had since I was 5, and realising its in a suitcase. Pretty dumb, yeah, dumb.

Gay.

Your change is a bittersweet change...those are the good ones :wink: The bad changes are the ones that come to you without a warning and in a second, those are the ones that force you to change..

How do I deal with changes? I'd like to think that I deal with them well...but it can be hard to just let go and forget or not forget..it depends.. :)

Ch-ch-changes...

Gay.

Take all the good memories and lock them inside you, take all the bad, squeeze out experience out of it, and throw the rest away.

Your best years are ahead of you so snap out of it. Live life stress free and acknowledge the people that got you where you are now. Another words....

Get over it and drink a beer

usa2k1.sierranevadacaps.jpg

Your replies are very focussed on me. By the way, I have drunk beer, and yes, I am over it.

I was just curious as to how others adapt to change. There are those people who just seem to get on with life without even thinking about it, growing older without taking the time to acknowledge it. I think its healthy to just analyse your life, now and then. Nostalgia is good, otherwise, every experience we have is pretty pointless.

And by the way, I didnt mean Bad or Good changes, just, adapting to a new way of living, moving house, finishing high school, etc.

Your replies are very focussed on me. By the way, I have drunk beer, and yes, I am over it.

I was just curious as to how others adapt to change. There are those people who just seem to get on with life without even thinking about it, growing older without taking the time to acknowledge it. I think its healthy to just analyse your life, now and then. Nostalgia is good, otherwise, every experience we have is pretty pointless.

And by the way, I didnt mean Bad or Good changes, just, adapting to a new way of living, moving house, finishing high school, etc.

Making new friends in the area.

Friends..good friends that is what makes the world go round. But a hot blonde that likes sports does the trick nicely as well.

Guest LiquidSky

Was the last part for me? 'cause I did say how I deal with changes... :P I was just pointing out the good ones and the bad ones...

I hate change for most of part, but some days I wish I could just pick up everything and disappear.

*cue x-files music* :worried2: :tongue:

Same here. But then again, I get so used to change that I need a shake-up every once in awhile, or else I fall into a rut. A nice change is invigourating but if it's a bad change, I tend to cope badly... the world just seems to fall apart, even if it's just a small thing that has to change