Did Ashlee Simpson rip off Coldplay?

gatorsamiam

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh4: Toxic!

Aww well she is trying.

I have a friend who makes me listen to music that I don't usually listen to.

But the thing that gets me is that before each song she will be like "OMG THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE SONG! yeah!" and then only play the first 30 seconds of it.

I'm like "uhh I thought you said that about the last song? and how come we never listen all the way through?"

For instance, she put on "Dancing in the Moonlight" and after the first line she goes to the next song. :rolleyes:

:confused: weird.

:laugh4: :laugh4:

I'm like that with Coldplay. :laugh4: When we had to introduce ourselves in my English class, I brought my tour book. Someone asked me what my fav Coldplay song was and I was like "Duuuuuhhhhhhh... I dunno... I can't choose!!"

I want to have them listen to all the songs in like 5 minutes. :laugh4:

ah! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! what. the. FOCK. it's jonny's guitar riff! that same damn thing!!!!!! what in the HELL!?!? did her "band" just listen to Square One and go hey, that's pretty nifty why don't we use it? bah! not only can she not sing, she can't even make up orginal songs.

that song is shite. time to delete it, it's taking up precious space on my hard drive.

Unfortunately, there's nothing coldplay can do. There's a rule about copyright infringement.. if it's changed by 10% it's not copyright infringement. This is sufficiently changed that Coldplay can do nothing and will not benefit.

I have a feeling they'd joke about it anyway. :laugh4: They know damn well Square One is better than EWO... anyone who's listened to both should!

Carly, click Free DL and wait until the timer gets to zero. Then input the 3-digit code they give you and click "Download from net mirror ___" (they'll have one already checked).

If it says that funky little "You've DLed too much," you'll just have to wait. :confused:

wow this thread caught me by surprise... ashlee simpson and coldplay in the same sentence? whaaat.

i definitely had to check it out myself... downloaded the track and oh my. wow.

whoever started this thread is sooo incredibly right.

i dont know, but that makes me feel weird.

Guest Grace

Dancing Alone? really? mhh ... i need to download that song ... but i honestly don't wanna pay for her stolen shit ... so ...

any uploads please?

my friend has the cd... i know, how unfortunate... but ive heard the song and i dont think it its a ripoff of talk. it has kinda the same guitar riff but the beat and tone is different. its similiar but def not the same. square one sounds more like eyes wide open opposed to talk and dancing alone

How could something be a rip off of Talk? Talk itself is a "rip off" of Computer Love. Even the chorus is sung to the tune of it. The song itself does have many original elements to it, don't get me wrong, and I guess that could be ripped off. But 75% of the song is just a rocked-up Computer Love.

Dave