✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WHO LOVES SQUARE ONE?

sparky17

• 9 years later...

I love it, Sparky, I do ! Especially the last lines of it. In fact, they're so beautiful I have to paste them here:

Is there anybody out there who

Is lost and hurt and lonely too

Are they bleeding all your colours into one?

And if you come undone

As if you've been run through

Some catapult that fired you

You wonder if your chance will ever come

Or if you're stuck in square one

Love it! Best album opener!

For me, Politik is the best album opener, closely followed by Square One. Politik has a slight edge music-wise, I believe. But the lyrics of Square One speak to me on a more personal level (especially the lines that I posted)...it's for all those people who feel that they are stuck somewhere in their lives and nobody gives a damn about their feelings, it's so universal.

Sure, they are close. But the emotions Square One gives to the listeners are unique. The lyrics and music makes it the perfect introduction to X&Y. For me, that makes the difference. However, I change my mind sometimes because Politik has a unique sound we can't hear in any other song.

Sure, they are close. But the emotions Square One gives to the listeners are unique. The lyrics and music makes it the perfect introduction to X&Y. For me, that makes the difference. However, I change my mind sometimes because Politik has a unique sound we can't hear in any other song.

Both of them are really great openers that set the tone for the entire album, lets settle on that :D