✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have I Really Been Gone So Long?

About A Girl

People need to get over it, I used to dwell on why our forum is losing its oldies and characters I know, but now it just seems stupid. People like Mafe and Britt are consistently like "Where's my baaabies???" "Wheres my biiiitches???????". There's other people on here that are also pretty cool.

Rant. End.

:bigcry:

Thank you Reillo! but im sorry if that's stupid to you...i really miss the oldies..i feel like a stranger here and i know there are cool new people here too, but im not get along with a lot of them...only a few like Nigel, Aaron, Ben, Bace and sometimes Julia...but i have to say that some of the newbies are not that friendly as the last year newbies and you know that...and i have all the right to tell that i miss the oldies....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could argue that they arent friendly, but at the same time the oldies tend to do the same thing. They stick within their cliques of groups they formed when they first came here, and you can see a few of them still log on but dont post anything because none of their old friends are online.

You cant expect a bunch of newbies who already have other newbie friends to start PM'ing you or some shit, you have to go into their threads, say hello and introduce yourself, meet new boardies. You will see, they are friendly people.

You have the right to complain about how much you miss your boardie friends but its absolutely pointless. You have to face it, even if you do see your old friends from time to time, it will never be the same as when you first posted with them on here, so just move on and make friends with the new regular posters.

I did it...i was trying to introduce them but some of them were complaining about my way to speak...Someone told me that i was a lesbian because i had an avi with two girls kissing a few days ago and called me "a disgusting thing"...I didn't say anything because i don't like to fight and you know it...Im just the way i am and you know that this is my personality...there are a lot of discrimination here and im not the only one that says that....you have to admit that the newbies are stick too in their small groups too....Why is different?? because remember that the last year this never happened...everybody talked with everybody

Everybody talked with everybody?!

That has never been true, maybe in 2002 when there wasnt many people here.

If you ask me (Which nobody is- but I'll go on) the problem of small elite groups developing has stemmed from general topics simply not being created. Most topics these days are focussed on members or inside jokes between groups.

If you search topics back to 2003 you will find that they are based on every member being able to answer with their own opinions/sense of humour.

Right now most of our topics are either games or a thread tributed to a person or group. With games, such as posting a random word, you dont meet anyone. And with the tribute threads, you need to know the person or group to even be in there.

Only rare topics break this trend. We used to have topics which urged anyone to join in with thoughful replies, and in that sense, everybody talked to everybody. But this was at least 2 years ago.

And if I can be a bit hypocritical I will admit that I also miss something of this forum, and that is those kinds of topics. I create one every once in a while, and nobody cares, they'd rather go and spew pointless crap with their friends, and now I have little choice but to do the same.

In that sense our forum has become more of a Chat room then an openly debated discussion Forum.

But that is all I can say Mafe, I dont want to re-iterate my points too much as, like I said, its a waste of time, and there's no point in dwelling on the past- we may as well just move on with our new friends.

You may have had problems with newbies but I have not, I think they are just as friendly and individual as we've had on here.

Honestly, I could write a book on the evolution of this forum.

Hey... I'd read that book.

A lot of forums I've wandered into remind me of my high school cafeteria, everybody sitting at seperate tables and saving seats for their own friends. The difference with this place is that if you take a chair from the table or sit there somebody's not going to call you the stupid bitch freshman.

Where did I go with that analogy? I don't know.

Sometimes I do feel like the n00b sitting at the empty table smiling to herself and laughing at her own jokes.

And that's all I have to say about that. :inquisitive: :wacko:

Guest LiquidSky

Aww Danielle.. Sometimes I feel the same :lol: No one here gets my jokes! :stunned: But they make me laugh and there's hardly anyone in here who could actually make me laugh.. so I don't really care if no one laughs at my silly jokes.. :lol: as long it makes me laugh.. I'm happy :lol: :D

^yes, same! :lol: But people are polite here, if I say something totally off the walls (like, probably the entire lunch room analogy I did above) they'll be like "ahaha ok yes let's move on and change the subject gracefully"

I did get a kick out of having a mental picture of a messageboard cafeteria.

:uhoh: :rolleyes4:

:lol: It'd have to be large, for starters... And for some reason I'm envisioning everyone as little floating yellow heads... All with different expressions. :love: :kid: :indianchief: :gossip: :gorgeous: :goofy: <that'd be me. :lol:

I'm pretty good, actually. I was really sick all last week, but now I'm much better. I was just off to bed, actually. Night! :kiss: :P

Guest LiquidSky

aww... I was also sick.. well just today :sick: but I'm better.. I'm also logging off. Take care and see ya around! :D

Sweet dreams.. :sneaky:

Thank you Reillo! but im sorry if that's stupid to you...i really miss the oldies..i feel like a stranger here and i know there are cool new people here too, but im not get along with a lot of them...only a few like Nigel, Aaron, Ben, Bace and sometimes Julia...but i have to say that some of the newbies are not that friendly as the last year newbies and you know that...and i have all the right to tell that i miss the oldies....

:kiss: theres some friendliness for ya BITCH! jks darl ;) :)

i believe im cool... :embarrased: :rolleyes:

I did get a kick out of having a mental picture of a messageboard cafeteria.

omg, i just did too! lol how strange! :lol: i can see reilly in Grease mode with sunglasses, and all the girls flocking and giggling around him :stunned:

Guest LiquidSky

theres some friendliness for ya BITCH!

:lol: Bonnie! :lol:

i believe im cool...

You are, you are :lol: :D :nice:

i can see reilly in Grease mode with sunglasses, and all the girls flocking and giggling around him

Omg! Me too! :stunned: and I can see Reilly looking at the quiet one.. Who is the quiet one here? :thinking:

hmm... Jak? i havent heard from him in a while ;) i think that would be quite the match! :nice:

:uhoh:

I was thinking that it could be me. I do come on here often and I hardly post now.

I just don't many people now I guess, and as much as I would get to know them, I would probably still not post so much anyway.

I second what Reilly said about the threads too, in this forum there are a load of games (which are fun I know) and the people threads (which are also fun) but as fun as they are, you do have to be a part of them (minus the games (where you basiclly just post. go for a minute. post again etc)

Anywho, I will to try to get to know some more people, but it is kinda weird because I hardly see anyone I remember anymore (Except a few people, but even then we don't talk really)

So I guess I better get learning some more people then :smiley:

ok reilly why are you getting so defensive? im just making a observation...i miss my friends...aka my bitches...why is it wrong to miss someone?and im not bashing new members-theyre just everywhere,and its so hard to meet new people when you are bombarded by them....

and hello to whoever liked my sexual innuendoes on the last page.....

People need to get over it, I used to dwell on why our forum is losing its oldies and characters I know, but now it just seems stupid. People like Mafe and Britt are consistently like "Where's my baaabies???" "Wheres my biiiitches???????". There's other people on here that are also pretty cool.

Rant. End.

:bigcry:

aww thank you Mafe ... you're a really cool girl :D :cool:

Everybody talked with everybody?!

That has never been true, maybe in 2002 when there wasnt many people here.

If you ask me (Which nobody is- but I'll go on) the problem of small elite groups developing has stemmed from general topics simply not being created. Most topics these days are focussed on members or inside jokes between groups.

If you search topics back to 2003 you will find that they are based on every member being able to answer with their own opinions/sense of humour.

Right now most of our topics are either games or a thread tributed to a person or group. With games, such as posting a random word, you dont meet anyone. And with the tribute threads, you need to know the person or group to even be in there.

Only rare topics break this trend. We used to have topics which urged anyone to join in with thoughful replies, and in that sense, everybody talked to everybody. But this was at least 2 years ago.

And if I can be a bit hypocritical I will admit that I also miss something of this forum, and that is those kinds of topics. I create one every once in a while, and nobody cares, they'd rather go and spew pointless crap with their friends, and now I have little choice but to do the same.

In that sense our forum has become more of a Chat room then an openly debated discussion Forum.

But that is all I can say Mafe, I dont want to re-iterate my points too much as, like I said, its a waste of time, and there's no point in dwelling on the past- we may as well just move on with our new friends.

You may have had problems with newbies but I have not, I think they are just as friendly and individual as we've had on here.

Honestly, I could write a book on the evolution of this forum.

you are right Reilly, me old mate! ...

thing is as a forum gets more and more members then people are bound to fall into little friendship groups, there will always be people that you are closer with than others, unfortunatly thats just how it is :rolleyes: ...

however you can be friends with EVERYONE people need to make the effort to introduce themselves and be nice .... anyway pepole are criticising one of the most friendliest forums around here and i don't feel there is a problem, i haven't met one person that has been a continual nuisance and annoyance ... everyone is genuinely nice :)

hello to whoever liked my sexual innuendoes on the last page.....

yep ... that was me ... keep the innuendoes going Britt! :D