🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Fray

About A Girl

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and gentlemen, I am leaking excitement! An official leak, mind you.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/fray/2360863/album.jhtml?popThis=playIt()

Can't be long until somebody rips it, if somebody hasn't already.

Edit: Listened to the full thing. First impression? Favorite song is certainly "When the Story Ends", though most of the album feels like "How to Save a Life 2.0" rather than a full follow-up after a 4 years. There's still the 2 iTunes-exclusive tracks nobody's heard yet, at least.

The leak is streaming, not a download, so I'd go ahead and give it a listen beforehand. I'm personally gonna buy it because I support the band and because their new music - if a retread - is still good.

"Happiness" is a nice closer with some powerful parts, though I still prefer "Trust Me".

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I change my mind.

The album is decent. Happiness is a pretty good song but I hate the way Issac sings it.

His voice is extremely annoying in it. Ungodly hour is pretty good but when Joe sings "ungodly hour", it ruins the song for me.

Never say Never and Absolute are the best on the album for me.

Oh and also, they released Uncertainty so that's available now.

• 2 weeks later...

After listening to this album every now and then for three weeks, I've unfortunately decided to chuck it out of my library. Before I commented how the band refused to evolve, but still made songs that were extremely pleasant to listen to. However, it seems that even the pleasantness has worn off these newer songs quickly, and most are a bland bore. And having listened to the iTunes-exclusive tracks, let's just say that they weren't tossed-out last minute for nothing.

I could always get back into The Fray (haha, unintended pun) if they take their soothing piano melodies and decide to do something really interesting with them. But as of now, I'm suddenly drifting away from a band that's still relatively new. Long story short, their latest album isn't a grower. It's a shrinker.

The Fray's amazing. Their lyrics are really good, and so is their music. And they're all such nice people. And Isaac Slade is a really good vocalist. And they're good. :D Actually, I think they're sort of trying to copycat Coldplay, because they're so nice... and Coldplay are nice... so... yeah.

The album is very good, it definetly is not as amazing as How to save a life but it's very good. Never say never and Hapiness have some feeling. Those 2 together with Say When, You Found Me and maybe Absolute are really great. I recommend it, specially if you like the fray and their previous album, if you don't have the old one, first buy the new one and some time later get How to save a life so that you give the new ones a shot cause maybe they're not that incredible.

• 3 months later...

Recently I got a huge crash on them (again :rolleyes:) with getting 'The Fray'. The album is really good and I can listen to it permanently without getting tired of it. Although I think to see that they are using the same tricks over and over, as Coldplay would say. ;)

• 2 weeks later...