✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Steph! I feel the same way. I've never cared about videos, personally (that's why I was so not bothered by Coldplay's 'Hardest Part' video). Ususally I just like them because they're a free excuse for me to spend a few minutes staring at mah men....:wink3:

what is the origin of their name? Arctic Monkeys?

Apparently it was something to do with a tramp who was out in the cold (snow). He called them cheeky monkeys after they gave him some soup. Seriously.

^ haha i like

heh!:kiss:

Have you seen the new Rolling Stone (US)? Obviously he is neither of our's man....:sick: :cry:

omg! what! do u have the article for me?! :bigcry:

oh well, i dont mind Matt... hehe...

Haha thanks for the name explanation Marky, that's so cool :cool:

And Danielle - ;) I agree! If a video is incredible, then yeah, i'll be impressed and probably rave on about it for weeks. But if not, then i'm really not bothered. If I love the song, I love the song....and a video isn't gonna change that.

whoa an_cat! THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT!!! they were supposed to go on sale on on friday for NY.. thank goodness i read forums at work lol.. i woudlve been mighty pissed if they were sold out when i went to go buy them on friday!!

Are you going to the show in Boston, then?? Or are you waiting to get the New York tickets?

The Boston show wasn't even announced yesterday, I have no clue when they put it on ticketmaster, but it was surely late last night/early this morning. But there I was, 6 hours after they went on sale, and scored 2! With more left.

Holy. Shite. *freaks out*

i bought NY ones. they were on sale. when i read that u got boston tickets i knew something was up.. coz they usually go on sale around the same time..

something shady is going on.. yeah i bet not too many people know about it right now.. coz otherwise it would DEFINITELY be sold out by now.. for the gig they did like 2 weeks ago they sold out real fast!

Weird...

But hell, I'm grateful! I wouldn't be seeing them, if it weren't for the weirdness of the announcements. Or, lack there of!

yeah which is why i have to thank u again.. otherwise i wouldnt be seeing them.. coz of the weirdness of the announcements lol

grrrr stop making me jealous :cry:

haha apparantly Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter if you've been living under a rock) has claimed that he was the first to discover Arctic Monkeys, and he's bagging out anyone else who says they did... lol

REally? ^^ that is news to me. Pssshhh Daniel Radcliffe take me to a show with you and then I will believe you.

damn I checked the tour dates and I don't think I can make it over to see them live. Hopefully a Michigan or Ohio show will surface!