Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

^^

HAHA I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THE SAME THING!!

get on my bootleg thread (link in sig) i have two full concerts recorded by triple j in there. that recording of fake tales is there. i love it how they absolutely nailed the bass line in the sound mix, it sounded perfect. had me headbanging for 3mins straight haha.

BAHAHA :laugh3:

OK, I'll download it ASAP! Which pretty much means when I get a new computer :dozey:

But still, thanks :lol:

But I agree, the sound was fantastic, almost the same as on the record! Turner's voice is so great :wacky:

theyre such a fucking awesome band. musically speaking they are easily one of the most talanted in the world. i was focusing on the bass line of fake tales and it is nothing short of brilliant. the way the guitars work together is just as awesome and matt helders is in a league of his own. it's a shame this generation of music doesnt appreciate pure musical talent as much as preview era's. there seems to be a greater emphasis on melody, vocals and lyrics rather than genius drum, bass and lead work.

oh and "having a great beat to it". honestly the next time i hear someone say they love a song cos "it has a great beat to it" im going to deck them.

theyre such a fucking awesome band. musically speaking they are easily one of the most talanted in the world. i was focusing on the bass line of fake tales and it is nothing short of brilliant. the way the guitars work together is just as awesome and matt helders is in a league of his own. it's a shame this generation of music doesnt appreciate pure musical talent as much as preview era's. there seems to be a greater emphasis on melody, vocals and lyrics rather than genius drum, bass and lead work.

AMEN. Although an emphasis on Vocals works in Alex Turner's favour because he is a freaking genius when it comes to them

oh and "having a great beat to it". honestly the next time i hear someone say they love a song cos "it has a great beat to it" im going to deck them.

Go for gold son! :P

Ah, #1 sign of uneducated listener. No offence Grace, but GAGA fans listen to her music "because it has a great beat to it".... LOL

Ah, #1 sign of uneducated listener. No offence Grace, but GAGA fans listen to her music "because it has a great beat to it".... LOL

Oh, I am very well aware of that, believe me - I live in a complex full of uni students! :P

You'd better not be likening me to gaga fans, haha :sick:

• 5 weeks later...
just listened to Whatever People Say.....for the squillionth time and i swear the last 90secs of A Certain Romance would have to be some of the best guitar rock ever written. the way the two guitars just dance around each other is brilliant.

Not to mention the intro. It's a piece of art.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT3MtJ0SYJU&feature=related]YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - Pretty Visitors (MTV London)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4ZRjHgDgc&feature=related]YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm Live [At The Apollo DVD][High Quality][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlFP9cAgPAg&feature=related]YouTube - Arctic Monkeys - If You Were There, Beware Live [At The Apollo DVD][High Quality][/ame]

• 1 month later...

imo Humbug was better than FWN and but nowhere near as good as Whatever People...

in terms of pure musicianship Humbug was brilliant, the guitar work and drumming was great but lyrically it was alex's worst effort to date which is really what set them apart from a lot of other guitar rock bands. i think i mentioned this before but i'll say it again. i really hope they stay with the stoner rock thing they started on Humbug because i really enjoyed it and admired them for not going for a more accessible commercial sound like some bands i like *cough*muse*cough*