✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arctic Monkeys!

Lamposts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me its just Secret Door, Potions Approaching and Fire and the Thud which are a little weak (the last being the only "bad" song). otherwise the other stuff is just as good if not better than everything else they have done.

Have to disagree with Secret Door, I like the Shadow Puppets feel to the song. My least fave is Fire and the thud.

So AM was awesome on Wednesday, however, the show overall wasn't so great. The opening band, location, and music overall were brilliant, and Alex seemed completely sober and in a very good mood (he kept interacting with the crowd in the pit, which was lovely), but the audience was so horrible that it nearly ruined the show for me. The theatre I was in had 3 balconies and then the pit, and I was in the 3rd balcony (but I snuck down into the 1st balcony almost right away). The pit looked very lively, but nearly everyone in it was completely wasted and stoned out of their minds. It would have been much better than the balcony, though- cos where I was, absolutely no one was standing or singing or moving at all. People clapped at the end of each song, but no one stood up even once. I got my friends to get up with me at one point, but we got yelled at by the people sitting behind us for blocking their views.

Quite simply, it was ridiculous. :\ It was really hard to enjoy the show while sitting still, but the Arctic Monkeys themselves were fabulous. They played an awesome and flawless set, and it went on for about 20 minutes longer than expected, which was exciting. But overall, I had a pretty disappointing experience (and I don't blame the band at all, obviously!!).

3934502099_bcea513f04.jpg

3934499571_e5d3f619a1.jpg

3935277640_bac473d1de.jpg

3935273810_838d115c66.jpg